Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting Sunday at DHS

Merchandise

Beginning Sunday, Oct. 4, Keystone Clothiers on Hollywood Boulevard will reopen. The location will operate from 12 p.m. to park close.

Food & Beverage

Beginning Sunday, Oct. 4 the following food and beverage locations will have adjusted operating hours:

• Backlot Express – 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
  • Ronto Roasters – 9:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.
  • PizzeRizzo – 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Ronto wraps will be found after 3pm at DB7
cmon woodys lunchbox!!!

Starting Sunday at DHS

Merchandise

Beginning Sunday, Oct. 4, Keystone Clothiers on Hollywood Boulevard will reopen. The location will operate from 12 p.m. to park close.

Food & Beverage

Beginning Sunday, Oct. 4 the following food and beverage locations will have adjusted operating hours:

• Backlot Express – 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
  • Ronto Roasters – 9:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.
  • PizzeRizzo – 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Ronto wraps will be found after 3pm at DB7

A little good news, thanks!

My iphone 6S battery is never going to survive a full day in disney world with all this mobile everything. It's been nice not to have to carry a battery thing with me but I really don't see how I'll get around it right now.
Not sure this option is up your alley but battery replacement service costs have gotten a lot better, should be $50 for yours. I've thought about doing the same for my iPhone instead of getting a new one.

Not sure this option is up your alley but battery replacement service costs have gotten a lot better, should be $50 for yours. I've thought about doing the same for my iPhone instead of getting a new one.
I love learning new thing on this board! Should really help DSx2 hand me down phones last a lot longer. Naturally, the carrier stores never mentioned this as an option.

I love learning new thing on this board! Should really help DSx2 hand me down phones last a lot longer. Naturally, the carrier stores never mentioned this as an option.
Here's a link for anyone interested, you can go to a an Apple Store or send it in the mail. I would guess that carrier stores aren't able/allowed to do this, and obviously they'd rather sell you a new phone than tell you how to replace the battery.

Here's a link for anyone interested, you can go to a an Apple Store or send it in the mail. I would guess that carrier stores aren't able/allowed to do this, and obviously they'd rather sell you a new phone than tell you how to replace the battery.
Thanks! Lack of an Apple store/official retailer doesn’t help me any. But Mail-in will!

My iphone 6S battery is never going to survive a full day in disney world with all this mobile everything. It's been nice not to have to carry a battery thing with me but I really don't see how I'll get around it right now.
I had your phone last September in Disney and this is what convinced me to upgrade to the iphone 11 pro on launch last year. The battery life has been a significant game changer for me at least.

MDE would kill my old iphone 6 battery in lke 2 hours at the parks... Seriously, without a massive backup brick battery, the iPhone 6 is useless at Disney World.

https://www.ocregister.com/californ...n-restrictions-in-states-draft-reopening-plan
The state’s draft guidelines present two key problems for theme parks:

• Placing theme parks in the final tier of the Blueprint for a Safer Economy means the severity of the guidelines never change until the pandemic ends
  • Reaching the least-restrictive “minimal” tier could be difficult to nearly impossible for California’s most-populous counties
The draft guidelines likely would prevent California theme parks from reopening for weeks or months.

California theme parks likely would not be able to set reopening dates until their respective counties entered the “minimal” tier — or not at all if their counties were stuck at a more-restrictive level.

Theme parks located in counties at the “substantial” level — like Disneyland and Knott’s — won’t be able to reach the least-restrictive “minimal” level for at least three to six weeks. Universal and Magic Mountain are at least six to nine weeks away — if and when Los Angeles County moves from the highest risk level to the lowest. The movement of counties to lower risk levels is dependent on continued improvement in reducing the number of new COVID-19 cases and the percentage of tests that come back positive. Progress will vary by county.

At best, under the draft guideline proposal, California theme parks would not be able to reopen until late October or November. At worst, reopening dates could be pushed to December or next year. Which makes setting a reopening date for Disneyland, Universal or other California theme parks difficult if not impossible. Without a firm reopening date, the parks can’t set staffing, training, ride testing and visitor reservation plans.

That’s fairly obvious. Disney wants a seat at the table and to open ASAP. California is going to take their sweet time or they do it the way Newsome wants. I don’t expect a compromise very quickly.
I think Disney is counting on the Unions to really turn up the pressure on Newsom.

https://www.ocregister.com/californ...n-restrictions-in-states-draft-reopening-plan
The state’s draft guidelines present two key problems for theme parks:

• Placing theme parks in the final tier of the Blueprint for a Safer Economy means the severity of the guidelines never change until the pandemic ends
  • Reaching the least-restrictive “minimal” tier could be difficult to nearly impossible for California’s most-populous counties
The draft guidelines likely would prevent California theme parks from reopening for weeks or months.

California theme parks likely would not be able to set reopening dates until their respective counties entered the “minimal” tier — or not at all if their counties were stuck at a more-restrictive level.

Theme parks located in counties at the “substantial” level — like Disneyland and Knott’s — won’t be able to reach the least-restrictive “minimal” level for at least three to six weeks. Universal and Magic Mountain are at least six to nine weeks away — if and when Los Angeles County moves from the highest risk level to the lowest. The movement of counties to lower risk levels is dependent on continued improvement in reducing the number of new COVID-19 cases and the percentage of tests that come back positive. Progress will vary by county.

At best, under the draft guideline proposal, California theme parks would not be able to reopen until late October or November. At worst, reopening dates could be pushed to December or next year. Which makes setting a reopening date for Disneyland, Universal or other California theme parks difficult if not impossible. Without a firm reopening date, the parks can’t set staffing, training, ride testing and visitor reservation plans.

Interesting article. The comment about the minimal risk tier and the ratio is daunting to say the least. I don't see why the theme parks in the populous regions of CA would subscribe to this (which is why they didn't).

"California counties can reach the “minimal” risk tier once they have fewer than one daily new COVID-19 case per 100,000 people and less than 2% positive tests."

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter