• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just went to a Disney store and they’re no longer taking temperatures. I know the stores were abiding by park safety measures. Wonder if we start seeing the temp checks go away in the parks soon.
Our Disney store had people at the door reminding of SD and to ensure mask covers nose, mouth and chin at all times but they never took my temp. I was there in Sep, Oct and Nov.

We will just request first row on every ride!
In September they were not letting anyone request a particular row, at least on the rides we asked about. We asked on a couple and overheard other people asking on a couple more, and the response was consistent enough that it made me think it was a park-wide rule. I guess it makes sense; they usually have you step aside to await the next vehicle, and it would be hard to socially distance in the little bit of room available on most rides. Does anyone know if this has changed since then?

In September they were not letting anyone request a particular row, at least on the rides we asked about. We asked on a couple and overheard other people asking on a couple more, and the response was consistent enough that it made me think it was a park-wide rule. I guess it makes sense; they usually have you step aside to await the next vehicle, and it would be hard to socially distance in the little bit of room available on most rides. Does anyone know if this has changed since then?

They were not allowing any row requests when we were there 2 weeks ago.

Anyone heard an update on the COVID testing that was supposed to come to MCO?

Also wondering if anyone has heard any more about package delivery? I recall reading Disney was bringing it back in that people could get packages sent to the entrance but we didn’t know if it would be seasonal or was sticking around.

Anyone heard an update on the COVID testing that was supposed to come to MCO?

Also wondering if anyone has heard any more about package delivery? I recall reading Disney was bringing it back in that people could get packages sent to the entrance but we didn’t know if it would be seasonal or was sticking around.
The front of the park package pick up ends January 3rd

I think they came when you booked a package, even before magic bands. We have a few sets, or used to. I can't remember if we got them before magic bands, to be honest.
You did...anytime a package was booked you got them. I remember the first yr of magicbands and I thought it was odd that we got them with those, instead if the package paperwork.

You did...anytime a package was booked you got them. I remember the first yr of magicbands and I thought it was odd that we got them with those, instead if the package paperwork.

Do you still get physical paper work anymore or just e-mail now?

Late to the plexiglass conversation but...

as a mom of a 14 month old, it's nearly impossible to keep him from touching ALL THE THINGS and the plexiglass on boat rides will be a nightmare. I also have doubts about his visibility if he's tucked behind a big sheet of plexiglass.

Makes me rethink taking him on some of his favorites when we go again in a couple weeks.

Or maybe I'll pull out Clorox wipes, give it a good scrub, and hope for the best?

Late to the plexiglass conversation but...

as a mom of a 14 month old, it's nearly impossible to keep him from touching ALL THE THINGS and the plexiglass on boat rides will be a nightmare. I also have doubts about his visibility if he's tucked behind a big sheet of plexiglass.

Makes me rethink taking him on some of his favorites when we go again in a couple weeks.

Or maybe I'll pull out Clorox wipes, give it a good scrub, and hope for the best?

If a 14 month old is seated properly in the ride seat or on a lap like mine have always had to, he/she should not be able to reach the plexiglass on the boat rides.

Clorox wipes will just smear on the plexiglass and make it harder to see. I would not recommend that. I would skip it if you aren’t comfortable.

If a 14 month old is seated properly in the ride seat or on a lap like mine have always had to, he/she should not be able to reach the plexiglass on the boat rides.

Clorox wipes will just smear on the plexiglass and make it harder to see. I would not recommend that. I would skip it if you aren’t comfortable.

He must have go-go-gadget arms because he had no issue holding onto the back of the seat in front of us on small world a couple weeks ago while sitting in one of our laps :confused3

There are also some here who report an allergy to Clorox wipes so using those on a common surface could be troublesome to other guests.

I didn’t even know mailed luggage tags from Disney existed 🤪. We have been staying DVC for 20+ years. The cost of postage is getting crazy, I don’t blame Disney for trying to trim those costs and it’s more environmentally friendly not sending out all that paperwork. Were the luggage tags paper and similar to the ones on DCL?

He must have go-go-gadget arms because he had no issue holding onto the back of the seat in front of us on small world a couple weeks ago while sitting in one of our laps :confused3

Wow! There’s no way my kids could reach that at a year old! Go go gadget arms 🤣

Well the (good? bad? I’m not sure) news is the back of the seat is probably just about as germy as the plexi will be!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter