• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is all completely hypothetical and I just figured it would make for a good conversation. There’s not even a single rumor of Disney implementing the dogs. Just figured since these venues in Florida will be using them that it was worth asking whether it could be something that Disney would consider

Disney seems fine with a don’t ask don’t tell approach for now. Plenty of people are walking around with covid and don’t know it. Or have symptoms but don’t get tested. Or even have it and continue on with their life. How would Disney deal with turning those away people? Send people to get tested on-site? Have them quarantine if they’re positive? It’s different from the fever check. Fever could be a lot of things and Disney can turn people away without knowing what caused it. But if a dog picks up on covid Disney can’t just pretend it’s something else. Does Disney just let that person go back to their resort? When I tested positive it was immediate quarantine. There’d be no way to get home.

That and demand just isn’t there yet. If they wanted to go to 75%, which eliminates distancing, they’d need some way to ensure safety, like the covid dogs. But no incentive to do that right now.

I’d personally be totally open to it if they did it though.

Last edited:

Just got back from Epcot, if you aren’t on the front row the plexiglass ruins Frozen. I understand why they put it but I don’t think it was the best idea to put plexiglass on a water ride. Please don’t put it on Pirates.
we've avoided this ride due to the long lines since it opened....going in a few days, is it a huge pain to ask the CM for us to put us in a front row? don't want to cause a backup but have read in some rides it's not a big deal.

we've avoided this ride due to the long lines since it opened....going in a few days, is it a huge pain to ask the CM for us to put us in a front row? don't want to cause a backup but have read in some rides it's not a big deal.
In another thread people have reported that there are now announcements playing that say requesting certain seats/rows is not allowed. This was not the case at Christmas but seems with the increase in rides with plexiglass they have to cut down on requests. Frozen line is MUCH shorter now because of it but really the view was bad.

It appears they are doing the red projections and the tall background lights from HEA, I’m seeing from the poly beach right now. Edit: it appears to be the whole show? Just no fireworks
That would be weird for them to run the projection show without fireworks as both would create the same crowds. Could be some sort of tech test.

Since the Super Bowl and now the Miami Heat (both occurring in Florida) are using Covid sniffing dogs, which is weird but also supposedly 94% accurate, could this be something that Disney could potentially look into doing? No, this is not a joke either.
Potentially. It would be irresponsible if they hadn’t looked into the idea.

But practically implementing it at this point?nah. Can you imagine the cost of those dogs right now?! And if COVID is gone in the next year or two it’s a waste to pay to train your own dog team.

Potentially. It would be irresponsible if they hadn’t looked into the idea.

But practically implementing it at this point?nah. Can you imagine the cost of those dogs right now?! And if COVID is gone in the next year or two it’s a waste to pay to train your own dog team.

I mean, I’m sure the plexiglass they’ve bought wasn’t cheap when they decided to buy it. With a lot of weariness surrounding the vaccine distribution and needing to attain a certain number that’s not a guarantee, 94% accuracy from these dogs sounds awfully tempting to a company that really needs guests on property

I mean, I’m sure the plexiglass they’ve bought wasn’t cheap when they decided to buy it. With a lot of weariness surrounding the vaccine distribution and needing to attain a certain number that’s not a guarantee, 94% accuracy from these dogs sounds awfully tempting to a company that really needs guests on property

Plexiglass doesn’t result in you telling someone they probably have an active case of COVID.

Can you imagine some guest goes for their first day in WDW and the dog tags them and Disney says “you have COVID get off our property!”... like what if they’re staying on site? What if they just rode Disney Transport? What if they’ve already been there for a few days and have been basically everywhere?!

Ignornace is bliss. Disney knows guests and cast are in the parks with Covid right now. But they don’t have to do anything about it because they have limited the spread potential. No responsibility. If they told a guest they had Covid they could be on the hook for 2 weeks paid vacay for every cm the guests encountered. And that doesn’t even take into account what to do about the guest if they’re staying on site.

I’m sure Disney has thought about using dogs- but I’m sure it was quickly dismissed. Not only would they be expensive but Legal probably doesn’t want to know the answer to “does that guest have COVID?”

Plexiglass doesn’t result in you telling someone they probably have an active case of COVID.

Can you imagine some guest goes for their first day in WDW and the dog tags them and Disney says “you have COVID get off our property!”... like what if they’re staying on site? What if they just rode Disney Transport? What if they’ve already been there for a few days and have been basically everywhere?!

Ignornace is bliss. Disney knows guests and cast are in the parks with Covid right now. But they don’t have to do anything about it because they have limited the spread potential. No responsibility. If they told a guest they had Covid they could be on the hook for 2 weeks paid vacay for every cm the guests encountered. And that doesn’t even take into account what to do about the guest if they’re staying on site.

I’m sure Disney has thought about using dogs- but I’m sure it was quickly dismissed. Not only would they be expensive but Legal probably doesn’t want to know the answer to “does that guest have COVID?”

Good points all around. Didn’t even think about the transportation aspect. With the Super Bowl and Heat games, most if not all are driving and not in close contact with others. Only way they could do it with transportation is to have the dogs at the resorts checking guests coming in, and leaving on the bus. You’re talking about 100s of dogs to cover what would need to be covered to make this a viable option.

the legal aspect would be covered under their guidelines. I’m sure the small print has it that even if the guest is suspected to be ill they wouldn’t be permitted into the parks. They’re private property, they can refuse entrance to anyone for any reason. So even if the dog sat hinting at the guest having the virus and that guest was part of that 6%, they still wouldn’t have a case on Disney even if they were falsely accused of having the virus by the dog

Do they not use dogs at all? I swear there was a dog in front of one of the parks this week but I could be mistaken. I'm used to them at the airport etc I guess.

oh i am itching to buy three - we have a lot of planned trips coming up and i'm nervous about the future of my precious dvc gold pass option when the dust settles. I kick myself daily for not buying them prior to the shut down. I had them in my cart for weeks....

But again - with park pass reservations required and limited attendance enforced - they would only be increasing the number of people who are vying to get inside - while not increasing the capacity - where instead of selling AP's they can just keep doing these ticket deals.

That being said - what are the chances that they extend the buy 4 get two ticket deal past September?
Or you stay onsite and have zero issues because resort availability is no problem. We are out of state, and as an AP I have to stay in a hotel, APs for the rest of my family would just guarantee I'd go a lot more often and spend more money on hotel rooms. But no, they want me to buy them tickets every.single.time. for the rest of my family. I know it's tough with locals who don't need a hotel, but they could at least sell Platinum passes for out of state people that want to come more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter