Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I would have to agree there is a very slim chance this happens.

I can see possibly requiring tests to travel but a complete ban to and from a specific states won't happen.

I

No one said anything about a complete ban, just restrictions. Which more than likely would be in the form of requiring negative test before entering/leaving Florida, or perhaps quarantine requirements (two week quarantine upon entering Florida and a quarantine when you leave Florida). I can absolutely see those being implemented.

Major US airlines were tasked a few weeks ago with developing plans for interstate testing. I can definitely see mandatory testing for flights happening. I would foresee this being very detrimental to an already struggling airline industry. Personally, this would have a negative impact on me seeing how I am still showing up as covid positive as recent as January when I actually had covid in November. Showing positive after you’ve recovered is relatively common. But in this case it would prevent me from being able to fly.

So there was a parade? After Disney straight up said there would NOT be? That seems like a crappy thing to do to your AP holders, many of whom seem likely to be potential Bucs fans, since many live in the state.
There wasn’t a parade at Disney. They did a little commercial behind the scenes. People could see Gronk over a fence, he waved once. No biggie.

Why? What extra steps would you take? I’m going to do the exact same I’ve done since last March. When it’s my turn (hopefully soon), I’m going to get vaccinated.

I‘m going to Disney in May regardless.
Because saying "No we don't care about a more contagious variant as an entire state" comes across as pretty lame. And if everyone in FL was taking precautions we wouldn't have to worry but clearly that isn't the case. I've already had COVID but I am still concerned about different variants wiping out progress.

In summary: it'd be unlikely that a travel restriction to/from Florida would hold up in court.
That's not the question though. The question is whether a non-essential air travel ban would hold up in court. It would. Federal officials do have powers to restrict travel between states during a pandemic, according to the Public Health Service Act. It's law on the books.

Attachments

• 1613055690832.png
    1613055690832.png
    48.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I live somewhere with a mask mandate and many people just don't follow it. So it's not that it's not effective, it's that people aren't following it. So to that, your point stands, sadly.
And that is the point: It isn't mandates that fights the pandemic; it is compliance with mandates that does that. California has more stringent rules than Florida, and has 1/3 as many new cases per capita, so clearly they're doing better than we are, but they could still do better because they are still getting a lot of new cases which can be attributed to the lack of compliance.

No one said anything about a complete ban, just restrictions. Which more than likely would be in the form of requiring negative test before entering/leaving Florida, or perhaps quarantine requirements (two week quarantine upon entering Florida and a quarantine when you leave Florida). I can absolutely see those being implemented.

Some of the bloggers yesterday did in fact say "TRAVEL BAN" in their stories.

Was just using that info.

Perhaps Florida could just mandate masks & social distancing as other states have?

Clearly people who don't live in FL don't get this is being done at the county level. There isn't a business around where I live that you can go in maskless and it's been that way for a long time. (Hillsborough county). Outdoor masks is not mandated (nor should it be imo). I find people comply very well. I don't go to bars or clubs, can't say there.

Florida's numbers are no worse than many other states, travel restrictions would be purely political. Must be afraid of too many moving here.

I just spend 9 nights at Ft Wilderness. Universal and Disney are both doing a great job and it was a very welcome vacation and needed break.

And that is the point: It isn't mandates that fights the pandemic; it is compliance with mandates that does that. California has more stringent rules than Florida, and has 1/3 as many new cases per capita, so clearly they're doing better than we are, but they could still do better because they are still getting a lot of new cases which can be attributed to the lack of compliance.

yeah, that doesn't track

Major US airlines were tasked a few weeks ago with developing plans for interstate testing. I can definitely see mandatory testing for flights happening. I would foresee this being very detrimental to an already struggling airline industry. Personally, this would have a negative impact on me seeing how I am still showing up as covid positive as recent as January when I actually had covid in November. Showing positive after you’ve recovered is relatively common. But in this case it would prevent me from being able to fly.

It is not uncommon for long-haulers to test positive for months after infection. However, in most cases all evidence and the CDC indicate that they are no longer contagious 14 days after the first positive test. As testing requirements become more common, there will have to be some kind of medical verification to clear long-haulers. I have no doubt these discussions are well under way at the national level.

Perhaps Florida could just mandate masks & social distancing as other states have?

From someone who lives in another state and has a Disney World trip planned for the end of May, I was APPALLED to see the celebrations in Tampa Bay after the Super Bowl. I get the excitement but at least wear a mask. Has FL not heard the news on the variant? If there is a travel ban to and from the state, it is to keep the probable outbreak from this celebration inside the state borders. If FL can't play by the rules, no one is going to want to go there and risk getting sick. Disney needs to put pressure on the FL Governor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter