Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
From someone who lives in another state and has a Disney World trip planned for the end of May, I was APPALLED to see the celebrations in Tampa Bay after the Super Bowl. I get the excitement but at least wear a mask. Has FL not heard the news on the variant? If there is a travel ban to and from the state, it is to keep the probable outbreak from this celebration inside the state borders. If FL can't play by the rules, no one is going to want to go there and risk getting sick. Disney needs to put pressure on the FL Governor.

Oh I think Disney is going to stay far away from this one right now.

They are practically begging for Disneyland to open the last thing they want now is more restrictions on the one park that is making money for them.

local news here in FL are reporting that cases are going down, in the past 7 months since being open Disney has handled everything without any negative news reports, so as that continues I just think they will take a back seat to all this.

Got this from the other site and Twitter.

WHITE HOUSE REJECTS REPORTS ADMINISTRATION REVIEWING POSSIBLE DOMESTIC TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS, SAYING "NO SPECIFIC DECISIONS ARE UNDER CONSIDERATION" -- SPOKESMAN

Looks like everyone with upcoming flights can breathe now.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG1.PNG
    Capture.PNG1.PNG
    29.1 KB · Views: 20
From someone who lives in another state and has a Disney World trip planned for the end of May, I was APPALLED to see the celebrations in Tampa Bay after the Super Bowl. I get the excitement but at least wear a mask. Has FL not heard the news on the variant? If there is a travel ban to and from the state, it is to keep the probable outbreak from this celebration inside the state borders. If FL can't play by the rules, no one is going to want to go there and risk getting sick. Disney needs to put pressure on the FL Governor.
It's Florida, it doesn't seem like a ton of people care anymore, if they ever did.

No question that blogs and website are trying to incite panic to drive more clicks to their pages and therefore more advertising revenue to their coiffeurs. However, the White House saying that "no specific decisions are under consideration" is similar to Disney saying that "we have no specific date when Remy's Ratatouille will open." We know the White House will do something; we just don't know what and when.

All of the major cities and counties in Florida have had a mask mandate since April 2020. THose that have repealed theirs still have all of the major businesses enacting them. Orange County still has one, and has its own "strike team" that visits businesses daily to make sure that they are following CDC guidelines. The City of Tampa enacted a special ordinance for masks for Super Bowl week and this week including outdoors. More than one third of all cases in Florida still comes out of the 3 counties in S. Florida, and they have had mask mandates the entire time, and still have restricted capacity at restaurants and other establishments. All of those people who continue to shout at Florida do not know what is actually happening. If you don't want to come to Disney, no problem. If you don't want to go to Miami, no problem. Disney doesn't need to do anything - in fact the governor has given DIsney the ability to have as many people in their parks as they want. It is Disney that is still mandating its own property, just like all of other businesses in Florida doing the same. Many people are thankful that things are open here and they can still have a job even during the pandemic.

Oh I think Disney is going to stay far away from this one right now.

They are practically begging for Disneyland to open the last thing they want now is more restrictions on the one park that is making money for them.

local news here in FL are reporting that cases are going down, in the past 7 months since being open Disney has handled everything without any negative news reports, so as that continues I just think they will take a back seat to all this.

I don't know.... WDW relies on out-of-state and out-of-country travel to make money. It's open, yes, but it won't turn a good profit until people start travelling there from outside of FL. So Disney needs people to feel comfortable coming to FL. Not to mention other Orlando area businesses who get visited by those who have come to FL for a Disney vacation.

DL relies more on SoCAL residents. They don't have as many out-of-state guests as WDW. So the concern there is more local. Two different states, two different resorts, two different approaches.

All of the major cities and counties in Florida have had a mask mandate since April 2020. THose that have repealed theirs still have all of the major businesses enacting them. Orange County still has one, and has its own "strike team" that visits businesses daily to make sure that they are following CDC guidelines. The City of Tampa enacted a special ordinance for masks for Super Bowl week and this week including outdoors. More than one third of all cases in Florida still comes out of the 3 counties in S. Florida, and they have had mask mandates the entire time, and still have restricted capacity at restaurants and other establishments. All of those people who continue to shout at Florida do not know what is actually happening. If you don't want to come to Disney, no problem. If you don't want to go to Miami, no problem. Disney doesn't need to do anything - in fact the governor has given DIsney the ability to have as many people in their parks as they want. It is Disney that is still mandating its own property, just like all of other businesses in Florida doing the same. Many people are thankful that things are open here and they can still have a job even during the pandemic.

I appreciate that but what FL residents see and know is very different than what the rest of the country (and world) sees. We get the shots of crowds, shoulder to shoulder in streets, in bars, in restaurants, watching the game and celebrating the win. And not a single mask seen among the crowds. That is not good for public relations outside of the state, especially given the history of the outbreaks in FL over last year and the refusal to wear masks.

Got this from the other site and Twitter.

WHITE HOUSE REJECTS REPORTS ADMINISTRATION REVIEWING POSSIBLE DOMESTIC TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS, SAYING "NO SPECIFIC DECISIONS ARE UNDER CONSIDERATION" -- SPOKESMAN

Looks like everyone with upcoming flights can breathe now.
Had anyone read the articles that some more click-baity WDW blogger sites were referring to they would have realized that immediately. But good to get confirmation.

I appreciate that but what FL residents see and know is very different than what the rest of the country (and world) sees. We get the shots of crowds, shoulder to shoulder in streets, in bars, in restaurants, watching the game and celebrating the win. And not a single mask seen among the crowds. That is not good for public relations outside of the state, especially given the history of the outbreaks in FL over last year and the refusal to wear masks.

I have seen the same type of celebrations in LA and California (Lakers/Dodgers), and many other states and countries.

Last edited:
But it is a problem for their tourism industry.

Question: When do you think Disney will announce changes to operations towards a "normal" environment?

I am asking this because Fauci has said today that it will be "open season" on vaccines by April and that ALL Americans will be vaccinated by mid-summer. Given that roughly 33% if Americans still say that will not get the vaccine, I bet that the 66% who want the shot will have it by the end of April - mid-May.

This thread is doomed without a mod :( Before long this is just going to devolve into a community board thread. Already pretty close.

All this nonsense is going to drive all the good, credible Disney sources on the rumors & news board away, or at least the few that were still left. Bummer.
The rumored domestic FL flight ban got people talking. It will die down.

Question: When do you think Disney will announce changes to operations towards a "normal" environment?

I am asking this because Fauci has said today that it will be "open season" on vaccines by April and that ALL Americans will be vaccinated by mid-summer. Given that roughly 33% if Americans still say that will not get the vaccine, I bet that the 66% who want the shot will have it by the end of April - mid-May.
I think no matter what they will follow whatever the CDC guidance is for safety protocols. If in the summer masks, social distancing, and info about low and high risk activities are still being listed, Disney will still have restrictions.

Soon as the cdc relaxes masks and not until then. Maybe if orange county removes the mask mandate, disney will only require masks indoors and by recommended outdoors.

My thoughts are it will continue to be a slow trickle of things coming back. Some when the CDC changes their guidelines, and some when Disney feels it's financially ready.

This thread is doomed without a mod :( Before long this is just going to devolve into a community board thread. Already pretty close.

All this nonsense is going to drive all the good, credible Disney sources on the rumors & news board away, or at least the few that were still left. Bummer.
Yeah, it’s sad really. This used to be a good place to get decent information. Now it’s just either baseless speculation or arguments about politics and COVID.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter