• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure how they increase capacity any more without the CDC easing some more restrictions. There’s only so many cast member breakrooms so unless they can allow more cast members to occupy them at a time I don’t know how they bring back more. I’ve even heard they are using some former guest areas as break rooms, so they can’t reopen those areas to guests until they feel they can increase break room capacity.
CDC "restrictions" are really just guidelines. DeSantis has pretty much given Disney the green light to do whatever they want. The restrictions at Disney right now are basically self imposed.

Yeah, Disney sets its own restrictions. They are not following CDC guidelines- people are places within six feet on rides and in lines, and so many people are let in the parks it is often impossible to distance on walkways.

Where do Disney Cast Members fall in the FL vaccination plan? Or do they?

We don’t have a plan. A plan was written last fall but isn’t being used. The expansion to seniors was announced suddenly. That was about a month ago. Now at a conference he said law enforcement and teachers are next when the supply increases. The rollout here has been a nightmare, and those of us risking our lives in essential work have not been told when it will be our turn.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/healt...floridas-the-only-state-that-doesnt-tell-you/

Yeah, Disney sets its own restrictions. They are not following CDC guidelines- people are places within six feet on rides and in lines, and so many people are let in the parks it is often impossible to distance on walkways.

We don’t have a plan. A plan was written last fall but isn’t being used. The expansion to seniors was announced suddenly. That was about a month ago. Now at a conference he said law enforcement and teachers are next when the supply increases. The rollout here has been a nightmare, and those of us risking our lives in essential work have not been told when it will be our turn.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/healt...floridas-the-only-state-that-doesnt-tell-you/
How old are you?

There's no special treatment for Disney cm. Seniors can book appointments. That's it. Not sure why Disney cm would be a special category
Actually it’s a reasonable question to some of us who live in other states. Until our government fell flat on its face on rollout CA had* a very detailed list of who got what when and had lots of sectors prioritized at various levels and tiers with those levels- all being prioritized before the general public- including “finance” and “IT”. The idea “tourism” would be in a priority group in FL is not unreasonable after seeing that.

*CA scrapped the prioritization program last month for today’s much more simplified approach that doesn’t include prioritizing the vital industries of finance and IT 🤣

Calling it a disaster might be a bit much. Florida is tracking right along the large states NY, CA, PA etc in numbers of people vaccinated. It is not near perfect but far from a disaster.

Actually it’s a reasonable question to some of us who live in other states. Until our government fell flat on its face on rollout CA had* a very detailed list of who got what when and had lots of sectors prioritized at various levels and tiers with those levels- all being prioritized before the general public- including “finance” and “IT”. The idea “tourism” would be in a priority group in FL is not unreasonable after seeing that.

*CA scrapped the prioritization program last month for today’s much more simplified approach that doesn’t include prioritizing the vital industries of finance and IT 🤣

Sounds like they realized that all the sectors being prioritized is an exercise in futility and would actually slow things down. Better to keep it general, plus the supply that is coming is also going to make in pointless to break it down to that level.

Oh i hear you, and i feel you, but i just don't see it happening that quick. No one under 16 is even approved to be vaccinated, and they aren't even testing for anyone under 12, yet. I just don't see them going to a free for all by October. Disney is going to continue to play it safe IMO.
Just remember if Disney drops the mask mandate people that want to wear a mask still can. When the vaccine is available to everyone there is no logical need to require everyone to wear a mask. Just common sense.

Guys, the numbers will tell the story for lifting restrictions. When transmission is (hopefully) minimal (thanks to effective vaccines, fingers crossed), restrictions will be loosened. There are SO MANY factors that will contribute to that timing.

Disney will continue to follow CDC guidelines. Those are not close to changing. Current data doesn’t support it yet. Projections change daily. The experts contradict each other and interpret the data differently. No one knows. The ONLY thing that will make it more clear is time, more shots in arms and hopefully corresponding reduced numbers. What’s the point of going in circles about it?

yeah here is definitely different. Also just by speaking to many friends some don't want to get vaccinated, I don't think they will prioritize theme parks workers

Florida's plan of age tiers only and comorbidities to be verified by healthcare providers makes the most sense. It's why a lot of states that like dumping on FL changed their tune and plan when they saw that it made sense.

The inevitable (at this point) approval of JnJ is a slight wrench that could allow governors of any state to offer all teachers/first responders/judiciary, regardless of age, a mass clinic on site in a school auditorium, city hall, or the fire/police station. FL could offer a similar clinic setting to theme park operators or port authorities in anticipation of cruising not right away, but by early April at the latest (clinic timing not cruises returning). The state's economy would be better for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter