Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe take the anti vaxxer discussion over to the community board. I’m sure there could be a nice lively discussion there.

We got a fun little theme park news nugget to speculate on today - Fantasmic! testing. We had Epcot fireworks testing this week. People reported seeing 3D glasses delivered to Rat (unconfirmed, but other signs point to that opening approaching). And people are continuing to prattle on about anti vaxxers etc.

Wasn’t expecting the Gardasil vaccine to come up as a topic on the cruise and theme park operational updates due to coronavirus thread, yet here we are.

[/QUOTE]
Maybe take the anti vaxxer discussion over to the community board. I’m sure there could be a nice lively discussion there.

We got a fun little theme park news nugget to speculate on today - Fantasmic! testing. We had Epcot fireworks testing this week. People reported seeing 3D glasses delivered to Rat (unconfirmed, but other signs point to that opening approaching). And people are continuing to prattle on about anti vaxxers etc.

Wasn’t expecting the Gardasil vaccine to come up as a topic on the cruise and theme park operational updates due to coronavirus thread, yet here we are.

Fair and will do. We are all here because we love Disney. I just want this to end ASAP and vaccines are the way out. I'm passionate.

If I offended , apologies.

Just remember if Disney drops the mask mandate people that want to wear a mask still can. When the vaccine is available to everyone there is no logical need to require everyone to wear a mask. Just common sense.

Correct but there is next to a zero chance a vaccine will be available to everyone by October, unless all of a sudden people under 16 aren’t included in everyone.

Ranger the rhino can also now be potentially seen on the safari!Fi98674645rt-1024x576.jpg

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...o-calf-joins-the-herd-at-kilimanjaro-safaris/

Last edited:

I don't get it. The park is opening but the rides are not?

I’ve never been to DL and DCA, but aren’t most the rides outside?

They had previously announced that they would be having a ticketed food & fun event there. These are the details, just announced.

They have a mix. There are outdoor rides, but there are also lots of indoor rides, as well as rides that go both indoors and outdoors.

They cannot open the park/rides due to California theme park restrictions, but they can do this ticketed event. I think Knotts or another park did a similar food festival with no rides open also.

Last edited:
No. They just have crap IT that can’t refill buckets live so they have to batch refill.
Yeah if they increased capacity surely 10/1 would have opened up as well. As additional offerings become available crowds do grow even though the 35% remains true. If 20000 people (for the sake of easy numbers) was 35% but now the Liberty Boat and Tom Sawyer island are back online along with all the queue space, perhaps 22000 is now 35%. And I would think it works like this every time a restaurant or attractions reopens.

This can only be good news for Disney Parks as a whole. The more revenue they make, the quicker the parks can go back to a more normal state for their CMs.

Yes, some are outside. But technically according to CA Governor, theme parks cannot open yet.

But Disney is having a "food event" so I guess that's a loophole that is allowed.

Yeah if they increased capacity surely 10/1 would have opened up as well. As additional offerings become available crowds do grow even though the 35% remains true. If 20000 people (for the sake of easy numbers) was 35% but now the Liberty Boat and Tom Sawyer island are back online along with all the queue space, perhaps 22000 is now 35%. And I would think it works like this every time a restaurant or attractions reopens.

Yes that is the only way the can increase capacity under the current guidelines and restrictions

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but are you suggesting that the total capacity number changes as attractions and restaurants open? That's an interesting thought because I was assuming that the capacity of each park is fixed regardless of what is open/closed inside.

Yes DCA is opening and the rides are not. Theme parks can operate festivals as those are allowed and their shops can open with limits but rides cannot operate.

Actually no, only a few rides are fully outside. Screamin, goofy, Luigi, mater come to mind for DCA.

For those that don’t follow DLR too closely here is a summary where CA theme parks stand. (There is a movement in the legislature to ease these but the governor will have the power to veto it and there are not enough legislators to override that at this time. Unless he changes his mind these rules will stand.)

Theme parks will be able to open rides when OC is yellow tier = 7 day average Covid cases per 100k people must be less than 1. then they can open under Covid guidance, I looked those up yesterday and some things they include are
-indoor rides can operate, however all lines must be outside (this would be impossible imho at disneyland proper, the park is simply too small)
-social distancing of at least 6 feet between parties on all rides (no plexiglass shortcuts)
-designated eating/drinking areas, nobody can remove a mask outside of these areas at all
-25% indoor dining capacity (all other restaurants, even bars, can operate at 50% in yellow by CA guidelines but not those inside theme parks)

I love DLR. It’s my home park and my fam still has our tickets from our cancelled March ‘20 trip as we want to go back ASAP... but we just booked a backup WDW fall trip for this year. If by some miracle DLR gets to open the Covid-CA-rules could make it suck 😔

Overall WDW resort capacity will continue to increase as they open things like the water parks and the closed resorts/restaurants. And then ditto with park capacity.

it’s not a hard and fast number. (Me thinks that’s why UOR is mum on the subject)

35% today will be different than 35% come May. Likewise, whatever 50% capacity is when they move the metrics will be different than 50% in several months time as they open more things. (It’s the fine print that always gets ya)

Consider this: September, which is a slow month, could actually be at ‘regular year over year’ capacity under these guidelines. Water parks in December? Same.

but children under 12 have not been approved or tested on so I bet masks are here for awhile yet
The risk to kids is so low from the virus that they may never get the vaccine. At this point the risk to children is higher from taking the vaccine than not taking it. The "safety" protocols will not be determined by whether or not young children are vaccinated.

I'm surprised to see the cranes for the castle already. They must be planning on it taking a lot longer than we thought to get the decor done. To me, it didn't look like much extra was going on the castle than what was already there.

More importantly Velocicoaster's walls are down and it's testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter