Cruise + WDW Trip for September-October ‘21 Venting/Help

Hello fellow DISers!

Our original wedding date (June 2020) was postponed and our Disneymoon was set to be a cruise coupled with a week in WDW. Wedding has been postponed (twice) and now we are determined to go through with the new date in August ‘21. When our cruise was originally cancelled on us by Disney, I believe that we lost our placeholder from booking on our previous cruise, but we picked the last possible cruise that we could (EC 7-night September 18th-25th) utilizing the 125% credit. That ensured that we would be able to be in the parks for the 50th anniversary as well.

I know that nobody knows what is going on and it is hard to plan against a constantly moving target. Since Disney announced that all cruises are cancelled through the end of March, I’m pretty worried. Maybe the cruise won’t be cancelled, but if we are determined to be in the parks for the 50th, it sounds like there is a huge risk there. Has anybody had an experience of Disney allowing them to change their cruise date and keep their 125% credit? Even if we wait until the PIF date for Disney to decide to cancel, we may end up losing everything or being stuck going on when we would have rather postponed. We chose the last possible cruise with our credit from the summer 2020 cruise cancellation window too, optimistic that cruising would be a thing again long before the date.

Any ideas on what to do?

DCL extended the date for use of the 125% FCC to 2022. (can’t remember if it was to March 2022 or May 2022). But you should be able to move your cruise further out than September of 2021 and keep the 125%.

Has anybody had an experience of Disney allowing them to change their cruise date and keep their 125% credit?
Yes, I've moved a cruise with a 125% credit multiple times. It's completely allowed. You can move it anywhere through May 2022.

And personally, I think DCL only has a 50/50 chance of sailing in the fall, and if it does sail, it's not going to be remotely like what it used to be: not only for virus reasons, but more significantly, for financial reasons. Expect a ton of cutbacks, while you're still paying the same fare. That is what has happened at WDW and there is no reason to expect that DCL will be any different in that regard. DCL was already quietly trimming guest services while simultaneously raising prices even before anyone had heard of Covid. The pandemic effect will only make it worse.

Yes, I've moved a cruise with a 125% credit multiple times. It's completely allowed. You can move it anywhere through May 2022.

And personally, I think DCL only has a 50/50 chance of sailing in the fall, and if it does sail, it's not going to be remotely like what it used to be: not only for virus reasons, but more significantly, for financial reasons. Expect a ton of cutbacks, while you're still paying the same fare. That is what has happened at WDW and there is no reason to expect that DCL will be any different in that regard. DCL was already quietly trimming guest services while simultaneously raising prices even before anyone had heard of Covid. The pandemic effect will only make it worse.

So the policy has changed? My original cruise was cancelled (July ‘20) and I booked a new cruise with the credit (Sept ‘21) being told that if we move it again that we will lose the credit when we booked the September one.

When our cruise was originally cancelled on us by Disney, I believe that we lost our placeholder from booking on our previous cruise,

I believe when you mentioned losing your placeholder you were referring to your OBB (On Board Booking) credit you get when you book a new cruise while sailing on previous cruise. If so, you may want to check into that. OBB were honored by DCL for cruises they canceled and were rolled over to new cruises. What I am not 100% sure on is if the dates to use the OBB were extended or not - but I would definitely check into that. IE if your OBB was set to expire in July 2020, if it would still be honored and the use by date extended out.

o the policy has changed? My original cruise was cancelled (July ‘20) and I booked a new cruise with the credit (Sept ‘21) being told that if we move it again that we will lose the credit when we booked the September one.

Also in general yes you can use and move the FCC (Future Cruise Credit) to another cruise.
It seems there may have been some confusing with OBB/ FCC and mixing information by the agent. It is a fluid and somewhat confusing time for agents and travelers, and I would call DCL again and speak with a new agent to get clarification. While the policies are the same, each situation is a bit different and I would definitely check with DCL.

So the policy has changed? My original cruise was cancelled (July ‘20) and I booked a new cruise with the credit (Sept ‘21) being told that if we move it again that we will lose the credit when we booked the September one.
Are you sure you're talking about FCC credit? I have moved that repeatedly without issue and without warnings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter