Cruising, Wining, and Disney Dining - Two 2012 PTRs in One! **TR LINK UP**

jenny105

DIS Veteran
It's never too early to start a PTR right? ;)

My name is Jen and I will be traveling on not one, but TWO Disney adventures next year with my DBF Kris. I'm so excited to get into planning mode that I just had to start a PTR! I tend to talk incessantly about our upcoming Disney trips so to give Kris a break, I can get all that Disney rambling out here!

A little bit about us. We're both from NJ, me from what they call the Jersey Shore (no, I don't know Snooki or the Situation) and him from northern NJ. We both work for AAA; he's a mechanic and I'm a travel agent. We've been together for a little over a year. I'm 28 and my first trip to Walt Disney World was in 1990. I didn't go back again until 2005 when an NCL cruise I was on docked in Port Canveral and I spent the day in Magic Kingdom. My first full trip back was in 2006 and I've gone four more times since then! Needless to say the Disney bug bit me! Kris is 31 and hadn't been to Disney World for 15 years; until we took our first trip there together last October. You can read about that here if you'd like October 2010 TR On that trip, we were with friends and family, but this trip it's just the two of us! Here we are from a recent trip to the Poconos:

262703_10150208961282944_620842943_7257674_3197624_n.jpg

Which brings me to our trips!

The first will be in June 2012. Kris's birthday is June 20 so to celebrate, we booked a weekend cruise on the Disney Magic out of NYC June 15-17. I'm so psyched DCL will be sailing out of NYC. Much more convenient! I've been on cruises before, most recently on the Disney Wonder back in 2009. Kris has never been and is so excited! He keeps looking up information about our ship, it's so cute :) We booked an oceanview room on deck 2. Only 340 days until we set sail! :goodvibes

Approximately 3 1/2 months later, we will board a plane and head to Walt Disney World for MY birthday. 30th birthday to be exact! My birthday is October 5 and we're currently booked at POR 9/30-10/7. The dates could change based on when and if free dining becomes available. The fall is my favorite time of year to go because of MNSSHP and the Food & Wine Festival. Did I mention we're booked in a Royal Room? They look so pretty! I've never stayed at a mod before so this will be new experience. I'm a notorious resort hopper though so if I can find a way to get us in to AKL, I probably will. ;) I've already changed once from POFQ to POR. :laughing:

Well, this post is long enough for now! There's a long way to go and I'm looking forward to writing this.

Is it 2012 yet???

I'm in! I'm hoping we'll take a quick trip December of 2012...think it's too early to start a PTR for that? :rotfl:

A little bit about us. We're both from NJ, me from what they call the Jersey Shore (no, I don't know Snooki or the Situation) and him from northern NJ.
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Which brings me to our trips!

The first will be in June 2012. Kris's birthday is June 20 so to celebrate, we booked a weekend cruise on the Disney Magic out of NYC June 15-17. I'm so psyched DCL will be sailing out of NYC. Much more convenient! I've been on cruises before, most recently on the Disney Wonder back in 2009. Kris has never been and is so excited! He keeps looking up information about our ship, it's so cute :) We booked an oceanview room on deck 2. Only 340 days until we set sail! :goodvibes

Approximately 3 1/2 months later, we will board a plane and head to Walt Disney World for MY birthday. 30th birthday to be exact! My birthday is October 5 and we're currently booked at POR 9/30-10/7. The dates could change based on when and if free dining becomes available. The fall is my favorite time of year to go because of MNSSHP and the Food & Wine Festival. Did I mention we're booked in a Royal Room? They look so pretty! I've never stayed at a mod before so this will be new experience. I'm a notorious resort hopper though so if I can find a way to get us in to AKL, I probably will. ;) I've already changed once from POFQ to POR. :laughing:

Well, this post is long enough for now! There's a long way to go and I'm looking forward to writing this.

A Disney cruise and a trip to WDW all in one year?!?! SO jealous!! Sounds awesome!! :cloud9:

Joining =) I promise I won't disappear halfway through this time, hahaha.

Pinky swear? ;)

Yay!! I'm so excited and jealous of both your trips!! You are going to have the BEST time!!

I'm so excited! I wish the trips would get here sooner! From our beaches, you can see NYC across the water and on the weekends, you can see the cruise ships sailing in the distance. I keep saying 'that's going to be us next year!'

I'm subscribing! Can't wait! popcorn:: I'm so jealous of you btw :lmao:

You can cruise vicariously through me! :laughing:

I'm in! I'm hoping we'll take a quick trip December of 2012...think it's too early to start a PTR for that? :rotfl:

It's never too early! I'd subscribe! :rotfl:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

A Disney cruise and a trip to WDW all in one year?!?! SO jealous!! Sounds awesome!! :cloud9:

I swear that is the number one question I'm asked whenever I leave this state! :rotfl:

I can't wait! It's going to be so much fun!

I've been looking for ways to save money for my upcoming vacations. Kris and I have gone to this huge flea market about 20 minutes from my house called Englishtown a couple of times. The first time we went was the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend and we also went the last Sunday of June. We made $115 in May and $105 in June. We're planning to go again at the end of this month. We've been putting that money toward paying off our cruise. I currently only owe $110 and Kris owes $270. (I don't even want to think of paying off the Disney World trip yet! :scared1: ) Every Friday I also put $10 toward the cost of the cruise so I'm chipping away at it little by little. I'm going to do the same thing for Disney World. I really don't want to use credit to pay off my trip if I don't have to.

Since the trip cost will be covered since we have over a year to pay it, I also wanted to start socking money away for my spending money. The total I came up with for both trips is $1750.

Cruise - $500. I know this seems excessive for a two night trip but Kris keeps talking about spa treatments and they're not cheap! I'd like to treat him to one for his birthday.

Disney World - $1000. Food is pretty much covered because we'll have the dining plan. This money would cover tips, baggage fees, alcohol (it is food and wine festival after all!), and any souvenirs I'd like to buy. Which brings me to the remaining $250...

Dooney & Burke Disney bag - It's so fabulous, it gets it's own category. I'm treating myself for my birthday!

So one of my clients told me about two great sites. Couping To Disney and E-Bates.

Couponing to Disney is a site written buy a woman who blogs and gives you tips about saving money toward a Disney vacation. I've gotten some good ideas from that site, the best (so far) being My Survey. You get points for every survey completed and you can cash in the points for gift cards or Paypal deposits (which is what I will do because I can transfer it directly to my bank account). You can start redeeming your points when you reach 1000. I've only been a member for a little over a week and I already have 505 points! If anyone is interested in joining, let me know and I can refer you! :)

E-Bates is a shopping website. Instead of going to online shopping sites directly, you go to the E-Bates website which will link you to any of the shopping websites you want to go to (they're partnered with EVERYONE!). You shop for whatever it is you're looking for, make your purchase, and get a percentage of the cash back which is deposited into your E-Bates account. They send out a rebate check every 3 months. I currently have $1.55 in my account but I've only made two purchases. I'm going to clean up during Christmas because I do ALL of my shopping online to avoid the craziness of the stores! Again if anyone wants to join, I can refer you!

Any extra money from these sites will be going to the Disney Fund.

I started an online savings account last week for my Disney Fund. Currently it is at $33.70. Only $1,716.30 to go! :rotfl: Occassionally, I will be making updates about the Disney Fund so I just wanted to give everyone some background information on it!

Thanks for reading. :goodvibes

Those are great ways to save for the trip! My sisters and I just labled a jar, "Disney Money" and put our extra money in there! :banana: (Thing2 is sitting next to me and wanted to add a dancing banana!)

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how things go with your Disney Fund, because I want to start saving away for my next trip! And I'm definitely interested in the two sites you mentioned, especially if you referring me helps get you extra points/cash =)

Those are great ways to save for the trip! My sisters and I just labled a jar, "Disney Money" and put our extra money in there! :banana: (Thing2 is sitting next to me and wanted to add a dancing banana!)

I have a Disney popcorn bucket I put singles and change in at the end of every week. It adds up! And tell Thing 2 I love the dancing banana :banana:

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how things go with your Disney Fund, because I want to start saving away for my next trip! And I'm definitely interested in the two sites you mentioned, especially if you referring me helps get you extra points/cash =)

PM me with your email address and I'll send you the referral! :) They're great sites. Every little bit helps!

Hi, Jenny!! So glad you started this! I'm excited to hear about your money saving plans-- $100 from flea market sales?? That's awesome! I wish we had something near us!
You'll love being at Disney with just Kris-- it's super romantic. :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter