Crystal Palace characters?

PRaffen

<font color=3399FF>Can't wait for my first cruise
We've never tried Crystal Palace - are the characters back during lunch?

I'm super hoping they bring them back, we are going in the second half of April and my 6 year old is so disappointed they can't have Winnie the Pooh lunch

They are making a zillion dollars. Characters are in HUUUUUUUUUUGE costumes. COVID is going down. So... why no characters? My wife's theory is they are NEVER coming back because Crystal Palace is back to buffet and buffet = no characters. :(

They are making a zillion dollars. Characters are in HUUUUUUUUUUGE costumes. COVID is going down. So... why no characters? My wife's theory is they are NEVER coming back because Crystal Palace is back to buffet and buffet = no characters. :(
Why does buffet = no characters?

Breakfast used to be buffet with characters.

So did dinner.

For CP, I suspect characters haven't returned because the dining areas extend to left and right from the central "hub" of sorts.

There isn't sufficient room as I recall for the characters to move about the edge of the room as there is at CRT. They'd be confined to that central hub where diners are entering and others are going to the buffet. Unworkable.

People seated out near the far ends beside the windows would feel like they needed binoculars.

Last edited:
Tusker House, Chef Mickey, Crystal Palace, Hollywood & Vine, and 1900 Park Fare all used to be buffets before covid.

Correct. And FP used to be free. The current vibe is characters = price fixed/non buffet. Maybe it changes? Maybe it doesn't? I can't understand why character dining hasn't returned yet unless it's financial related.

Time for the characters to return to bring back a core element of the Crystal Palace. If not, upgrade the dining area to that of a palace

Bring back breakfast and characters!
Missed Pooh and freinds last summer!

My guess for both items - not enough staff yet to handle a breakfast buffet, or enough entertainment staff for the characters.
They are slow to hire to match the pace of increasing capacity.
If they hired for all positions before capacity was back to normal,
they would not be able to make millions$$$ as fast as they do.

I miss the characters and breakfast too. It was traditional to have this as a late breakfast on our last day. I'm also missing the breakfast/characters at Garden Grill.

They are saving money on the handlers too . When they are at a buffet each character has someone with them . When they are on the train station I usually see one or two for about 6 characters. The handler job used to be one of the higher paid positions too . We still have Crystal Palace booked just in case they come back but aren’t holding our breath . 😞

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter