CSR Conventions - (Hey Buzz...)

adams66

<font color=blue>Lives with a cute chef named Wyat
I was wondering if there is a way to find out what conventions are scheduled at different times at CSR. I know last time I tried to book rooms there, the availability was "spotty" at best. It would be nice to have convention dates in front of you ahead of time before you call CRO.

All the convention resorts, including CSR, try to have meetings booked constantly. I wouldn't be too concerned about trying to figure out what meetings are happening. There is no published list of who is there.

If you want to try, you can do a Web search using the month, Coronado Spring Resort, and the words meeting, conference etc. and you may get hits from the organizers web sites telling about their meetings. If you do this, look carefully at what comes up to be sure the year is correct.

Pam is right. No list published that I am aware of. The CM I talked to last night did give me the names of the companies that will be there in Oct and the reason (she claims) why CSR is not participating in the new codes.

Buzz/Mario -- Your site is great! It really shows off the beauty of CSR.

So, what's the reason? ;)

Thanks guys. I am not so concerned about who is there, but I know that some conventions are MUCH LARGER than others. That's why they affect the room availability so much. I just thought if you knew a large block of rooms was taken you could move around it a day or so.

What's the reason I love CSR? How can anyone not. We have stayed there 4 times already and have never had a bad experience. I love the quiet walks to the main building in the morning as the sun rises or sitting by the pool at sunset. It has just been one great stay after another. But on the other hand, I have never stayed at any of the other WDW resorts except for FW. I'll be giving the Cont a try in Oct unless a miracle occurs and CSR is included in the AP rates.

ps - I also love mexican food.

Oops. I guess I should have been clearer. I meant the reason the CM gave for not participating in the codes.

I agree with your love of CSR. I have a hard time understanding why people don't love it .....but I guess that's what makes the world go round.

Adams66, do you have any particular dates/months in mind?

They really didn't give a reason. The first CM but all the info into the computer and then came back and told me that CSR wasn't participating in the code. Only CBR, POFQ and POR. The second CM told me the same info and also added that CSR would not be particiapting in the AP rates either. The third CM told me that CSR wouldn't be participating in the AP rate and named the companies that were holding conventions there at that time and said Oct was usually busy for conventions. She also told me the rate would be the same for the AP that I got for the code for the Cont.

Who knows. Some many people have heard different things I'll just have to wait until Sunday to find out for sure.

Pam -

Probably January 16 to January 25. I want to split the stay with the YC. I am hoping to do CSR first. Although, if the trend continues and they don't offer any codes, I'll probably go somewhere else for the money. It's too bad coz I think my 2 DS's (ages 5 & 6) would love the dig site & pool.

Adams -- Doing a quick search on Google I came up with just two meetings. This doesn't mean that there wouldn't be more and I can't tell how big they are. They don't seem like major meetings.

From January 23-26 there will be a Contact Lens & Eyewear Symposium and from January 15-18 a meeting of the American Society of Home Inspectors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter