Current CM.. Any Questions?

Would you watch a vlog about life as a Disney performer at sea?

• Yes

Votes: 83 86.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That was the first thing I thought of. I enjoy reading this thread but I would never want anyone to get into trouble.
If it's do able it would be cool.
Yeah - WAY too much of a chance to accidentally show stuff that isn't allowed to be shown. Or not know that something isn't allowed and show it when it's 100% not allowed.

I would love to hang out with some villains!! Cruella, The Queen, Maleficent.
I got to hang out with all three plus the Queen of Diamonds a few times.

I don’t know if you were at WDW in 2016 but there was a special ticketed event called Club Villain. It was a dinner show at DHS.

It was by far my favorite event to work. The event staff had to play a specific role with special costumes, a character name with matching name tag and learn Cajun dialogue.

It took two pre-event hours of prep instead of the usual 30 minutes. It was a blast to do it. The four character meet & greets and live musical entertainment were the main attractions. Each character had an elaborate stage set to do their m&g.

There are tons of videos on YouTube.

Soooo people are interested but not that interested 😂
I can only speak for myself: id be intrested vut Id advice against. Im not sure about dcl but i know in dlp there s this thinf where it might be ok for one to do something but not ok for the other to do so. The last thing you need to do is put your job at stake to please others.
Also if you go more public you ll have to deal with creepers. I dont have THAT many ig followers and its just a fanaccount but the messages and reactions at time… so i can only imagine what would happen if you vlog as a performer

so i can only imagine what would happen if you vlog as a performer

Excellent point! I seem to remember a few years ago, all face characters were required to turn off auto-face-recognition suggestions on their social accounts because some were getting tagged as their real name in pictures of Cinderella, etc. and destroying the illusion.

I think - from the OP's post about character interaction - that she's a face character. So for that reason alone, I would say 100% no to a vlog. I get that you mean well, but the last thing you need is a kid finding your vlog and the magic being ruined. Guarantee the kid's parent will be on the phone to DCL and you'll soon be getting separated.

Or when a character has no scheduled set in a particular outfit, only a stroll and decides to spend the entire set in the nursery… sigh… #disappointed
There were so many unscheduled character greets on the Dream this past week, and it made me so happy. I ran into a family who had just picked up their daughter from the nursery and they were gleaming that she got to meet Daisy, and had no idea the characters visited the nursery.

I do like it when people come and see a character many times because they genuinely want to and love the character. It’s the ones who do it for the wrong reasons that can cause some problems
I visited Donald every chance I had onboard the Dream because he was so fun to be around with. Even though interactions are 30s-1m, i’m going to remember some of the antics for a while.

It’s so sad these things are more and more common on the ships. I did 5 cruises on the Dream and Fantasy betwezn Halloween and February and I can say that 90 percent of thz things I experiences as negative or disappointing were because of fellow guests and not because of DCL or cast/crew. From nasty comments to skipping lines over stealing or hitting me cause I was standing in front of them during a deck party (not in a kids zone, I waited 45 min beforehand, they arrived after it started and worked their way up front)
On previous cruises, I was shoved/ inappropriately touched by a man because I was in his way during a deck party he showed up late to. On a different cruise a family hit me and screamed at me because I wanted the bubbles on in the hot tub (both of these stories I was a minor at the time). Guests can be so disrespectful and rude, but Disney usually has their hands tied.

Having a YouTube Vlog is a great way for cruise ship staff to supplement their income. I follow a number of cruise ship crew YouTube channels and its a fascinating insight into life onboard in various departments.

HOWEVER, there are cruise lines which allow crew to have YouTube channels and there are cruise lines that do not. Even the cruise lines which allow crew to have YouTube channels set specific rules about what can and can not be filmed or spoken about.

Royal Caribbean, Carnival, Princess and Virgin seem to be the most open to allowing crew have YouTube channels.

One YouTube channel I follow, Cruising As Crew / Lucy from England has a very popular YouTube channel. She used to be on Virgin Voyages and was able to film quite a lot on the ship and in ports. However this summer, she left Virgin and got a different crew job. Her new ship / cruise company is not open to her having a YouTube channel. She is not even allowed to say which cruise company, which ship she is on or which ports she visits. She has had to reduce her content from 2 videos per week to one video per week and create just general content about life at sea which is generic and not about her current job or ship.

While some of us would love a YouTube Vlog from you @Mags2002 , and it could be a very lucrative side hustle for you, you would have to get permission from Disney and they would set out what you can and cannot film. Also many of the Vloggers I follow talk about issues with uploading content on a regular basis due to having to pay for internet access and the time it takes for editing.

There were so many unscheduled character greets on the Dream this past week, and it made me so happy. I ran into a family who had just picked up their daughter from the nursery and they were gleaming that she got to meet Daisy, and had no idea the characters visited the nursery.

I visited Donald every chance I had onboard the Dream because he was so fun to be around with. Even though interactions are 30s-1m, i’m going to remember some of the antics for a while.

On previous cruises, I was shoved/ inappropriately touched by a man because I was in his way during a deck party he showed up late to. On a different cruise a family hit me and screamed at me because I wanted the bubbles on in the hot tub (both of these stories I was a minor at the time). Guests can be so disrespectful and rude, but Disney usually has their hands tied.
I love that you have such wonderful memories with characters!
On the other hand, I am sorry you have had some negative experiences with Guests. A very wise colleague of mine spoke to me about reporting incidents in order to potentially protect others in the future. I hope you had someone you could talk to about this as well 💙

Having a YouTube Vlog is a great way for cruise ship staff to supplement their income. I follow a number of cruise ship crew YouTube channels and its a fascinating insight into life onboard in various departments.

HOWEVER, there are cruise lines which allow crew to have YouTube channels and there are cruise lines that do not. Even the cruise lines which allow crew to have YouTube channels set specific rules about what can and can not be filmed or spoken about.

Royal Caribbean, Carnival, Princess and Virgin seem to be the most open to allowing crew have YouTube channels.

One YouTube channel I follow, Cruising As Crew / Lucy from England has a very popular YouTube channel. She used to be on Virgin Voyages and was able to film quite a lot on the ship and in ports. However this summer, she left Virgin and got a different crew job. Her new ship / cruise company is not open to her having a YouTube channel. She is not even allowed to say which cruise company, which ship she is on or which ports she visits. She has had to reduce her content from 2 videos per week to one video per week and create just general content about life at sea which is generic and not about her current job or ship.

While some of us would love a YouTube Vlog from you @Mags2002 , and it could be a very lucrative side hustle for you, you would have to get permission from Disney and they would set out what you can and cannot film. Also many of the Vloggers I follow talk about issues with uploading content on a regular basis due to having to pay for internet access and the time it takes for editing.
Thanks for sharing your insights.
Correct, there would be a lot of things I would not be able to film, and those are the things that would probably be the most interesting to viewers

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter