Current CM.. Any Questions?

Would you watch a vlog about life as a Disney performer at sea?

• Yes

Votes: 83 86.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I got to know and worked closely with hundreds of DCP kids over the years. I have to wonder if I ran into or worked with any of the ones mentioned here.

Hi @ mags! I just skimmed over all the past pages, this has been so interesting, thank you for answering so many questions for all of us!

I'm going on my first DCL next week (6 night Dream), I have some super random questions for whenever you have the time!

Favorite pen or sharpie for signing autographs? Does your favorite change if you are friends with a princess / friends with a fur character? I got retractable regular tip sharpies but unsure if there is something better!

I made small like 3x4" gift bags with a thank you note and 3-4 pieces of candy in them to hand out to cast and crew / along with tip money when appropriate. I'm pretty sure characters (and attendants) can't receive tips, but can I still give characters and attendants a small candy gift bag? When people give your friends a gift and then it has to be held on to by a character attendant, do the character attendants give you back the gift when you get off stage? I want to try to give both the characters and attendants each their own small gift bag if the attendant has room to store them, but don't want to make it too inconvenient!

For Halloween / pirates days, are the ALL the fur character meet and greets with their halloween / pirate costumes that day? I don't want to wait in line if it's their plain outfits I can meet them in in the parks haha

On non halloween and pirate days, how is it decided if the characters will be in their nautical outfits or their traditional / plain outfits?

Should I bother roaming the halls to look for sleep walking goofy or is he just an urban legend at this point?

Are there frequently roaming unscheduled characters around? I don't want to get my hope up too much if it's not frequent! is it just if there is extra time in a character's schedule for roaming?

Is the nightmare before christmas sing and scream just from the before covid times? i don't think i should get my hopes up for that either!

THANK YOU!

Hi @ mags! I just skimmed over all the past pages, this has been so interesting, thank you for answering so many questions for all of us!

I'm going on my first DCL next week (6 night Dream), I have some super random questions for whenever you have the time!

Favorite pen or sharpie for signing autographs? Does your favorite change if you are friends with a princess / friends with a fur character? I got retractable regular tip sharpies but unsure if there is something better!

I made small like 3x4" gift bags with a thank you note and 3-4 pieces of candy in them to hand out to cast and crew / along with tip money when appropriate. I'm pretty sure characters (and attendants) can't receive tips, but can I still give characters and attendants a small candy gift bag? When people give your friends a gift and then it has to be held on to by a character attendant, do the character attendants give you back the gift when you get off stage? I want to try to give both the characters and attendants each their own small gift bag if the attendant has room to store them, but don't want to make it too inconvenient!

For Halloween / pirates days, are the ALL the fur character meet and greets with their halloween / pirate costumes that day? I don't want to wait in line if it's their plain outfits I can meet them in in the parks haha

On non halloween and pirate days, how is it decided if the characters will be in their nautical outfits or their traditional / plain outfits?

Should I bother roaming the halls to look for sleep walking goofy or is he just an urban legend at this point?

Are there frequently roaming unscheduled characters around? I don't want to get my hope up too much if it's not frequent! is it just if there is extra time in a character's schedule for roaming?

Is the nightmare before christmas sing and scream just from the before covid times? i don't think i should get my hopes up for that either!

THANK YOU!
I just got off the Dream and Ill answer the things im sure off schedulewise:
Sleepwalking/golfing and soorts Goofy are no longer a thing
On Dream (and Fantasy) characters just walking around are a very frequent thing and usually the best times are the same times as all scheduled meets. Best spots deck 3,4 and 5 but they can also head to kids c’ub, deck 11 and 12.
On regular cruises pirate and formal attire usually starts around 4 but on the transatlantic pirate was an all day thing and formal started at 1.30pm

I just got off the Dream and Ill answer the things im sure off schedulewise:
Sleepwalking/golfing and soorts Goofy are no longer a thing
On Dream (and Fantasy) characters just walking around are a very frequent thing and usually the best times are the same times as all scheduled meets. Best spots deck 3,4 and 5 but they can also head to kids c’ub, deck 11 and 12.
On regular cruises pirate and formal attire usually starts around 4 but on the transatlantic pirate was an all day thing and formal started at 1.30pm
Thank you @Chipmunkmaniac!

Wait so if there's a character m&g on schedule that I don't necessarily want to do, do you think I should go around to other decks to see if anyone is randomly out and about during that time?

I forgot about formal night haha omg so many characters to meet 😮‍💨

What about sailing / nautical outfits vs traditional-what-you-find-in-parks outfit schedule - if you've noticed a pattern?

Also dumb question but I know at disneyland sometimes the face characters can talk about like churros or things like related to the park sort of? and like characters will talk about other characters from other storylines if theyre all roaming?
is it like that on the cruise? like do cruise characters.... know theyre on a cruise?... have other friends??? I just dont want to say the wrong thing to the characters and throw them off :(
i usually say like love your outfit and cant wait to see you in the parade later or like cant wait to watch you in fantasmic later haha but can i be like "are you excited for pirate night later?" "are you excited to dress up for Halloween on the high seas?" (assuming its all fur characters that dress up for both haha I don't have any reservations for any of the princess things so I don't think I'll be talking to a lot of princesses / slash I'm so awk when talking to face characters haha I usually avoid)

Wait so if there's a character m&g on schedule that I don't necessarily want to do, do you think I should go around to other decks to see if anyone is randomly out and about during that time?

What about sailing / nautical outfits vs traditional-what-you-find-in-parks outfit schedule - if you've noticed a pattern?

Also dumb question but I know at disneyland sometimes the face characters can talk about like churros or things like related to the park sort of? and like characters will talk about other characters from other storylines if theyre all roaming?
is it like that on the cruise? like do cruise characters.... know theyre on a cruise?... have other friends??? I just dont want to say the wrong thing to the characters and throw them off :(
i usually say like love your outfit and cant wait to see you in the parade later or like cant wait to watch you in fantasmic later haha but can i be like "are you excited for pirate night later?" "are you excited to dress up for Halloween on the high seas?" (assuming its all fur characters that dress up for both haha I don't have any reservations for any of the princess things so I don't think I'll be talking to a lot of princesses / slash I'm so awk when talking to face characters haha I usually avoid)
Yeah you are likely to fibd strollibg characters while others are soibg meets but there is o guarantee!
The pattern for classics on a 7n would be the middel of the cruise, on the transatlantic we had them 3 times.
Yes characters know they are on a cruise, face will ask tou about your day or olans in port. I never talked about other characters to face but I would mention going to see our friends instead of seeing such and such character. Often they will reply as in spending time with friends is wonderful, I love ha ing such and such (characters from their own movie) around me.
I love the pirate show esp the pirate jig on the dream/fantasy so whenzver characters or their greeters would say something about excited for pirate night id mention the purate jig and we d do it together. My friend was only on her second cruise so I mentioned to Donald that she needed a refresh on pirate class and he ran her through all the lessons of the show

I’ve talked to Belle about books and how she wished the ship had a library.
On Pixar Day at Sea Edna and Helen Parr had a conversation about the kids having fun in the kids club.
I talked to Smee and Captain Hook about the bee that stung me, and then Smee pretended to be a bee and Captain Hook put him in time out.

THANK YOU!
Hi and thanks for your questions! Sorry for the late reply.

Retractable sharpies are perfect!

Thank you for thinking of us and making gift bags! How sweet! Yes the attendant will give them back to us off stage haha

Yes, for Halloween and Pirate night, characters will be in their costumes usually in the evening.

There will be a mix of regular costume and nautical and it is scheduled by our Manager.

Fortunately, Goofy seems to have gotten his sleepwalking under control so he is much safer now!!

Yes all of the characters will stroll at different times and you won’t find these in the app. You could look around the ship as it could be anywhere!

Yes sing and scream should be on.

Please let me know if you have any more questions! Xx

Yes characters know they are on a ship. You could talk about other characters you have seen on the ship, but best to stick to the character’s own story. If you say the wrong thing eg: “are you looking forward to pirate night?” to Cinderella, she would probably say she isn’t sure what that is, but that she is looking forward to teaching her friends to waltz tonight or something like that

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter