D23 Expo 2019 (First page with major info)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Disney has not said any official statements. I don't recall that being said on the Dis podcasts either.

Either Ryno or Craig said it on the Universal podcast about the park announcement, I'm pretty sure. I have also heard it on some other podcasts.

Probably reading too much into this but figured I would post it just in case ...

Boyega loves these conventions and I'm guessing he'll be there. Beyond that, no idea, doesn't look like there's a panel for Ep IX so my initial guess for a new trailer doesn't work.

Also, FWIW I don't think he's been to GE, so he'll probably make a visit while he's over there.

Disney hasn’t teased it all. The fandom has done that themselves. It’s being announced ahead of D23 and then talked about at the expo. It’s also on one of the smaller stages. If this was major why wouldn’t they put it on a big stage?
you dont consider this a tease? its listed in the D23 app; I get that they arent doing "a lot" of hyping; but this is what a tease is by definition. If Len is right and its purely a corporate initiative like a carbon neutral by 2025 announcement; they didn't treat their D23 fan base very well. edit: this is also an "official statement" from Disney

View attachment 427634

you dont consider this a tease? its listed in the D23 app; I get that they arent doing "a lot" of hyping; but this is what a tease is by definition. If Len is right and its purely a corporate initiative like a carbon neutral by 2025 announcement; they didn't treat their D23 fan base very well. edit: this is also an "official statement" from Disney
This is just a title on their schedule. The official statement would be August 22nd.

No Disney has not said any official statements. I don't recall that being said on the Dis podcasts either.
This is just a title on their schedule. The official statement would be August 22nd.
lol that is a tease... you said they didnt tease it at all and blamed disney fans for blowing it up; which wasn't fair because if Disney didn't want speculation; they didn't need to put out that tease.

lol that is a tease... you said they didnt tease it at all and blamed disney fans for blowing it up; whih wasnt fair beause if disney didnt want speulation; they didnt need to put out that tease.

"Will be announced on August 22!"

That is DEFINITELY a tease. Why the exclamation point? Why announce the project ahead of time if not to drum up even more excitement? No one will care that much about a "company initiative." It has to be something that the GP can get excited about.

"Will be announced on August 22!"

That is DEFINITELY a tease. Why the exclamation point? Why announce the project ahead of time if not to drum up even more excitement? No one will care that much about a "company initiative." It has to be something that the GP can get excited about.
When I think "tease" it's a company actively pushing out a piece of the announcement, like when movie studios release a tiny clip along with an announcement that the full trailer will be coming soon, at some specific date. Disney teasing whatever is happening would be them pushing an announcement that they have something to announce on Saturday and to be in Stage 28 to find out (there would also be more press coordination). As far as I've seen that hasn't happened, they just quietly slipped this panel in there and the only people who are amped about it are major Disney fans. And if Disney isn't doing more to make it clear that something big will be announced, you have to wonder how big that announcement will be.

THIS is a teaser:

While I understand some panels will have restrictions on cell phones being allowed in, I didn't know which panels that would be. Wasn't sure if any of the people on here or other sites we follow would be streaming or live tweeting from any of the panels. I'm having some friends over this weekend, who are also huge disney fans and figured it would be something to watch/follow if that was an option. Thanks in advance for any information. :)

While I understand some panels will have restrictions on cell phones being allowed in, I didn't know which panels that would be. Wasn't sure if any of the people on here or other sites we follow would be streaming or live tweeting from any of the panels. I'm having some friends over this weekend, who are also huge disney fans and figured it would be something to watch/follow if that was an option. Thanks in advance for any information. :)
It’s usually the movie panels that restrict phones because of the trailers that are shown. So I’m expecting that there will be no phones for Disney+ and the big movie panel. Places like the dis will get approved b roll footage from those panels afterwards to post on YouTube.

Boyega loves these conventions and I'm guessing he'll be there. Beyond that, no idea, doesn't look like there's a panel for Ep IX so my initial guess for a new trailer doesn't work.

Also, FWIW I don't think he's been to GE, so he'll probably make a visit while he's over there.

I was actually wondering if he (and perhaps some others form the new trilogy) would come to WDW for the media event for the opening of GE at DHS (since the Disneyland got the actors more from the original trilogy, WDW would get the new actors)

Will rteetz be at D23--I look forward to his posts (loved the info he shared from the Chgo Star Wars convention ).

I'm excited about whatever the announcement is, but I feel as though my hopes of it being something cool, will be crushed.

Okay here are my predictions.....some may not be announced but will happen eventually ;)

Parks:
Epcot will be the main if not sole focus -
Updates - names and more info on: Spine project, Space restaurant, New land movie, GotG with I HOPE updated actual art for Spine renewal
New updates - more info on SSE redo and shut down, Water feature walk to and update of Seas(finding Dori?)
New - New name for FW area - I don't see how they can keep that moniker now and overall Epcot plan
WS - UK ride announced, Brazil Pavilion - yeah I think these two finally get announced.

I think this is going to be Disney's big push to hide the fact that Uni is building a 3rd park in Orlando...... by pre-launching NEW Epcot

Other adds:
MK - may or may not announce updates to Tomorrow land for 50th- Philharmagic, Orbiter, CoP and maybe Buzz
AK - I am not buying the new ride in AK or any major add. Only caveat here is primeval whirl....IF this is a real issue this may push up the redo of the Dino area that has long been rumored.
DHS - I think we get ONE add here to help this park more - Whether it be Black Box ride in VotLM or refurb of Rock n Roller coaster to some new IP. - also update on Mickey ride

I do think we get a blurb on DL Marvel area as well.

I also think we will get some kind of updates on new resorts - Reflections and Lighthouse probably

Will rteetz be at D23--I look forward to his posts (loved the info he shared from the Chgo Star Wars convention ).

I will be at the convention, and will try to post updates as we are allowed. We have stage pass for Disney+, studios, and parks & resorts, so will try and keep everyone informed as we go. If allowed to live stream any (I doubt it) will also try.

I will be at the convention, and will try to post updates as we are allowed. We have stage pass for Disney+, studios, and parks & resorts, so will try and keep everyone informed as we go. If allowed to live stream any (I doubt it) will also try.
I’m prepared for both Disney+ and the movies panel to be no phones allowed because of the footage likely to be shown.

I’m prepared for both Disney+ and the movies panel to be no phones allowed because of the footage likely to be shown.
Yeah parks should allow pretty much everything since they have in the past. That’s why I was surprised they weren’t live streaming that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter