D23 Expo 2019 (First page with major info)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE="Phicinfan,

AK - I am not buying the new ride in AK or any major add. Only caveat here is primeval whirl....IF this is a real issue this may push up the redo of the Dino area that has long been rumored.
[/QUOTE]
I had actually mentioned an update to AK back in April may be announced at D23, but it was so early I didn't want post something that was so sketchy at the time. Truth is there has been a number of projects talked about, but it's been very vague and they've been exceptionally good at sending out multiple stories so I think people are afraid of getting in trouble. I actually think there will be an announcement for AK expansion.
Most likely a retheming of Dinoland, but wishful thinking would be an expansion pad usage.

[QUOTE="Phicinfan,

AK - I am not buying the new ride in AK or any major add. Only caveat here is primeval whirl....IF this is a real issue this may push up the redo of the Dino area that has long been rumored.
I had actually mentioned an update to AK back in April may be announced at D23, but it was so early I didn't want post something that was so sketchy at the time. Truth is there has been a number of projects talked about, but it's been very vague and they've been exceptionally good at sending out multiple stories so I think people are afraid of getting in trouble. I actually think there will be an announcement for AK expansion.
Most likely a retheming of Dinoland, but wishful thinking would be an expansion pad usage.
[/QUOTE]
The retheming of Dinoland would fit with the latest rumor I have heard with E ticket going into Primeval whirl area....

I have no feeling either way, but seeing that it's already being built oversees, a less expensive duplicate rather than an original would fit the corporate mandate(s). Right?
One would think but at the sometime AK has done well trying to steer clear of that kind of stuff as well as when adding IP doing it in a good way. To me I don't see how Zootopia would fit in say a way that Pandora/Avatar does.

The retheming of Dinoland would fit with the latest rumor I have heard with E ticket going into Primeval whirl area....
Yea, it is the more likely announcement at this D23. Since main focus will be Epcot. I can hope for expansion pad.
One would think but at the sometime AK has done well trying to steer clear of that kind of stuff as well as when adding IP doing it in a good way. To me I don't see how Zootopia would fit in say a way that Pandora/Avatar does.
Lol, do you really want to go down that rabbit hole again?

Don't disagree at all. Perhaps with the pending Avatar movies coming, another E-ticket is coming to Pandora?

Zoo...topia....Animal Kingdom 😃

I'd argue that Zootopia fits AK the best. IP is no less prevalent in AK than any other park.

Zoo...topia....Animal Kingdom 😃

I'd argue that Zootopia fits AK the best. IP is no less prevalent in AK than any other park.
Just because it has animals doesn’t mean it fits. IP in AK all works very well. Zootopia would stick out like a sore thumb compared to anything else. AK has a very prevalent theme and message and even Pandora fits it well. Zootopia is all about animals acting as mimicking humans.

Just because it has animals doesn’t mean it fits. IP in AK all works very well. Zootopia would stick out like a sore thumb compared to anything else. AK has a very prevalent theme and message and even Pandora fits it well. Zootopia is all about animals acting as mimicking humans.

If they are actually doing a sequel to Zootopia, it's possible that Disney could have that story's plot around a theme similar to DAK's (Conservation perhaps?) to help tie the two together. You figure that the second movie is likely a few years away, as would a future land for the park.

"Zootopia Business Tycoon threatens (Jungle/Desert/Polar) district" is just some example that would offer a potential thematic tie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter