D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad. Even with the reservation system and the new Flex pass option, people will flood the park. They already notified the city about possible Harbor Blvd closures and backups on the 5 Freeway, so expect the worst. Anytime something new opens, especially a land, and especially a land with soooo much hype, people will just want to come and be part of it, even though they know they can't get in.

I so appreciate everyone’s input! I was afraid of that. Either we will change our arrival to the 29th and go the 30th or just skip it altogether. Since I will have to endure the chaos of a 6am opening when we go to Hollywood Studios in October, I don’t feel like fighting the masses this trip.

I feel like they would not HOLD the opening of Rise of the Resistance for D23. It will open when it's ready. Now it's POSSIBLE that if that's when it's ready, they will open it then, but if it's ready to open August 1st, they will open it August 1st, not wait 3 weeks.

Thanks for sharing, and maybe put pictures behind spoiler link as folks scroll through the thread? There might be some who want to be surprised. Thanks again!

Wow, I stayed off the boards for 10 days (house is up for sale right now) and I missed 40 pages of posts. My eyes are burning. So glad that so many got reservations for the opening weeks of SWGE. Just need this all to happen so I can start really planning my attack for December. Haven't done any planning what so ever and it's driving me insane. So much is still to be determined. Will there still be the virtual queue by then? Will SWGE be open for early entry? Will there be some type of early entry for onsite guests? Will ROTR be opened? Will there be fast passes for either ride? Oye! What haven't I asked?

Haven't done any planning what so ever and it's driving me insane. So much is still to be determined. Will there still be the virtual queue by then? Will SWGE be open for early entry? Will there be some type of early entry for onsite guests? Will ROTR be opened? Will there be fast passes for either ride? Oye! What haven't I asked?
Honestly, all your questions will be answered with: “I don’t know” and “keep watching to find out”.

So far Iger is keeping to RotR opening this year, but no specific dates. No real rumors or info on anything else and it will be a wait and see approach for park operations.

Honestly, all your questions will be answered with: “I don’t know” and “keep watching to find out”.

So far Iger is keeping to RotR opening this year, but no specific dates. No real rumors or info on anything else and it will be a wait and see approach for park operations.
Oh, sorry... I wasn't actually asking those questions now. Those are just the questions I need answered before I can plan anything and it's driving me crazy waiting.

Does anyone know the plan for Star Tours and the Launch Bays after SWGE opens? Will they keep Launch Bays open for traditional SW M&Gs since it seems like SWGE won’t have those?

There is a cast and guest preview the weekend before it opens. DD#2 secured a spot for herself and she is taking DH. Yes, he's flying from FL to CA for a 4 hour slot at SWGE, and is blocking her husband from going. LOL He has 2 goals: ride the MF and build a lightsaber (merchandise and some food--not sure if all--will be available during the previews). We won't have photos; it was made clear to the CMs that they will use that NDA to its fullest. I should be able to share pricing though.

Does anyone know the plan for Star Tours and the Launch Bays after SWGE opens? Will they keep Launch Bays open for traditional SW M&Gs since it seems like SWGE won’t have those?

As far as I know Star Tours and Launch Bay are not changing, for summer 2019 anyway. It looks like Tomorrowland for 2019 is turning into Star Wars Land part 2, with Hyperspace Mountain, Star Tours and Launch Bay. Im sure all the Star Wars fans will be hanging out there

Thanks for sharing, and maybe put pictures behind spoiler link as folks scroll through the thread? There might be some who want to be surprised. Thanks again!
To be fair, those pics are circling all over the internet now. So it would be hard to keep it a secret.

There is a cast and guest preview the weekend before it opens. DD#2 secured a spot for herself and she is taking DH. Yes, he's flying from FL to CA for a 4 hour slot at SWGE, and is blocking her husband from going. LOL He has 2 goals: ride the MF and build a lightsaber (merchandise and some food--not sure if all--will be available during the previews). We won't have photos; it was made clear to the CMs that they will use that NDA to its fullest. I should be able to share pricing though.

There won't be an NDA for Cast previews. That would be too messy, considering they're allowing a non-Disney employee guest.

There won't be an NDA for Cast previews. That would be too messy, considering they're allowing a non-Disney employee guest.

All I know is that she had to sign one, and it was emphasized to her group that there were to be zero pictures taken, and that they were to share minimal information, or they could lose their jobs. She also gets park hopper tickets so that they can go to DCA after.

She did say I could share that the price of the robots should be under $100. She was also standing right next to NPH and KP the other day, and had a discussion with someone from the John Williams group about the music. Also, quite a few Disney bigwigs have been by.
Was not at work the day Spidey and his friends showed up.

All I know is that she had to sign one, and it was emphasized to her group that there were to be zero pictures taken, and that they were to share minimal information, or they could lose their jobs. She also gets park hopper tickets so that they can go to DCA after.

She did say I could share that the price of the robots should be under $100. She was also standing right next to NPH and KP the other day, and had a discussion with someone from the John Williams group about the music. Also, quite a few Disney bigwigs have been by.

Yay for droids not being crazy $$$!

That’s the one thing I really want :)

Has anyone heard anything about the restaurants in SWGE taking reservations? Or all of the dining options quick/counter service?

My DIL who is a CM recently transferred to SW:GE and has been training the last couple of weeks. She mentioned that she has to adhere to the NDA even after the CM preview. She was finally able to experience the land yesterday! She’s kept to the agreement and only mentioned that she’s never experienced anything like it and that we’re all going to be blown away. She also said that it was an emotional experience and that some of her coworkers actually cried seeing it the first time. All three of my sons are Star Wars super fans so the anticipation in my house is through the roof!

My DIL who is a CM recently transferred to SW:GE and has been training the last couple of weeks. She mentioned that she has to adhere to the NDA even after the CM preview. She was finally able to experience the land yesterday! She’s kept to the agreement and only mentioned that she’s never experienced anything like it and that we’re all going to be blown away. She also said that it was an emotional experience and that some of her coworkers actually cried seeing it the first time. All three of my sons are Star Wars super fans so the anticipation in my house is through the roof!
My friend and I were talking to some CM's yesterday, and they mentioned they did experience the new ride. They wouldn't give us any spoilers though, and also said it is amazing. They also said they cried...so it must be cool if everyone is crying lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter