D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know the plan for Star Tours and the Launch Bays after SWGE opens? Will they keep Launch Bays open for traditional SW M&Gs since it seems like SWGE won’t have those?
They will both remain open for the foreseeable future thankfully. I wish they would do something better with the theater though.

My friend and I were talking to some CM's yesterday, and they mentioned they did experience the new ride. They wouldn't give us any spoilers though, and also said it is amazing. They also said they cried...so it must be cool if everyone is crying lol
I'm hoping the 8am crowd on June 3rd all collapse to the ground in tears as we walk into the land. That way, I can just get on the Smuggler's Run first!

To be honest I wasn't even that excited for GE until they announced when it was opening. It always seemed so far away. I mean how long have they been working on it? 3 years I think. I'm not a big Star Wars fan, although I'm becoming more of one as the years go by and I have a feeling GE will make me a fan even more so. After I got my reservation for June 10th and more and more information has come out my excitement really started to build. Now I'm hearing about how CM's are reacting to it I absolutely cannot wait.

I'm personally so disappointed by the kid's menus in SWGE- my child is extremely picky and there's no way he'll eat 'edible soil' haha! Oh well... we might have to just pack a lunch to eat inside because we won't want to leave I bet to eat somewhere else! (We'll be going after the reservation period ends!)

I mean, I get the dedication to immersive eating which is great but also can we have just one pretzel stand for the picky eaters? I'm not sure I like any of those options either- as a vegetarian my option is some kind of veggie 'meatloaf' and well.... I guess my son comes by it honestly because I'm picky too. :rotfl2:

I'm personally so disappointed by the kid's menus in SWGE- my child is extremely picky and there's no way he'll eat 'edible soil' haha! Oh well... we might have to just pack a lunch to eat inside because we won't want to leave I bet to eat somewhere else! (We'll be going after the reservation period ends!)

I mean, I get the dedication to immersive eating which is great but also can we have just one pretzel stand for the picky eaters? I'm not sure I like any of those options either- as a vegetarian my option is some kind of veggie 'meatloaf' and well.... I guess my son comes by it honestly because I'm picky too. :rotfl2:
I hear you. It's a fine line. It would be super lame if they just served hamburgers and called them "space burgers"... but on the other side, there are tons of crazy ingredients they could use to make totally alien seeming things (ever see the Bizarre Foods show?) but if they really went all the way, I bet a lot of people would not even want to try them.

I think they did a good job splitting the difference between things that seem exotic and things that the average theme park guest will still order.

As for kids meals, they do still have the classic chicken and mac & cheese entree at Docking Bay 7, at least on the writeup I'm looking at.

Oh nice, I missed that. My son will do mac and cheese but not chicken (can you imagine traveling with this kid?) so that will work. Time will truly tell how much that boarding pass system is really needed once August comes so we know if we can duck out for lunch and come back in.

I actually thought the vegetarian dishes looks so yummy and I’m not vegetarian! I might try the loaf!

I made a reservation for June 8, initially just because I could and figuring I wouldn't use it (I live in Illinois). Then I quickly changed my mind and realized this was the best opportunity to go.

I have so many questions about how to best approach my day at DLR with a 2-6pm SWGE reservation. Should I rope drop DCA instead of DL? Will Smuggler's Run lines be too long if they let people jump in line just as their reservation window is ending? Will crowds REALLY be that bad -- wouldn't people without SWGE reservations be scared off from coming to Disneyland that day?

I wouldn't want anyone getting their hopes up about a Rise of Resistance debut for D23 panel Parks and Resorts panel watchers. Last time with Fantasmic was the first time they ever did anything like that at the expo. Not sure if I'd expect it again.
I agree. Not to mention, it seems much easier to put on a single show for a group of people at one time versus allow thousands of panel guests to have access to an attraction. I just don't see it happening.

I'm happy to see this. We missed Hyperspace Mountain on our one previous DL trip and I've been assured that DL's version is a smoother ride than WDW's. I was way too jostled on WDW's.
I would love to see this version. With the possibility of ROTR opening before the end of the year, I hope they extend the overlay into December. :genie:

I'm happy to see this. We missed Hyperspace Mountain on our one previous DL trip and I've been assured that DL's version is a smoother ride than WDW's. I was way too jostled on WDW's.

It's a great overlay. If you are a SW fan, you will want to do it multiple times.

As for WDW space mountain, I honestly don't care if we ride it anymore. It's gotten considerably rougher over the years, as well. DL's version is wonderfully smooth compared to WDW's.

My kids are watching the Disney Channel and we just saw a little “sneak peek” in SWGE... no new info or anything but the main thing I noticed is it clearly stated opening at Disneyland May 31st. There was small writing on the screen I couldn’t read that likely said something about reservations being needed initially but nothing was actually said that I heard.

https://movieweb.com/star-wars-galaxys-edge-reservations-rules-disneyland/

"For Star Wars fans who were not lucky enough to score reservations, Disneyland is allowing overnight lines on May 30th and again on June 23rd."

Anyone else see this article from yesterday? It heavily implies that people without reservations to SW:GE can camp out to gain access. I assume this is a misunderstanding or error on the author's part (at least I hope so!) but it makes me nervous that this kind of info is out there and could mislead people into thinking that they can get access without a reservation, when Disney has been adamant that a reservation is necessary.

https://movieweb.com/star-wars-galaxys-edge-reservations-rules-disneyland/

"For Star Wars fans who were not lucky enough to score reservations, Disneyland is allowing overnight lines on May 30th and again on June 23rd."

Anyone else see this article from yesterday? It heavily implies that people without reservations to SW:GE can camp out to gain access. I assume this is a misunderstanding or error on the author's part (at least I hope so!) but it makes me nervous that this kind of info is out there and could mislead people into thinking that they can get access without a reservation, when Disney has been adamant that a reservation is necessary.
Definitely an error

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter