D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This depends what time of day you're going.

The wrap at Rontos roasters is amazing.

The roast at Docking Bay is only served after 4pm but was wonderful. The raspberry puff dessert was fabulous too. I had the sticky ribs today and they were fall off the bone tender, hubby loved it.

Also - you can use mobile order ahead of time before you enter the land! I set all my food orders while waiting to enter the land.
Thank you! I actually completely forgot about the mobile ordering!! We will be there from 8 am to 12 noon window on Sunday.

I'm getting so excited for our reservation tomorrow at 8 am. What is the latest conventional wisdom on what I need to do to get Oga's? That's our #1 objective :) How early do I need to be at launch bay? Where do I wait in line for the best chance? I'm an incredibly fast walker (race walker) if that is relevant. Not sure how managed the crowd is at rope drop or whether there is an opportunity to go around? Any advice would be appreciated. We are arriving tonight at about 7 pm.

Any advice on Oga's for the later reservation windows:. 2pm, 5pm, 8pm? Since these groups will enter from Critter Country, any suggestions on the best way to get to the cantina?

A few questions for those who have visited...

1. Has anyone bought a tunic and worn it in the park? I watched an interview with one of the SWGE mercy guys and he implied being able to just put it on over your shirt and go along your merry way

2. Has anyone bought the metal gift card and then used it to purchase your droid?

3. Anyone arrived in the entry line pretty close to the 8am entry? How was it? Did you find it put you at any disadvantage?

Really I think we just plan to build a couple droids, ride the falcon, shop, try some food and experience the world in general. I had considered Oga’s but my dad will not be able to do a line up and he can’t really rush either so I don’t want to have to fight for it. :) I’m going for the easy and stress free approach

We were slow yesterday and arrived pretty much right at 8am. (My first pic inside land was 8:09) The line for Oga’s was insanely long. No way would my son have waited in that! But we pretty much got everything else done we wanted to do in 2 hours! Wandered around taking pictures and checking out shops, drank blue milk, met Ray, and waited 20 min to ride Falcon at 9:20. If we had wanted to build a droid we would have had plenty of time! We also could have eaten there but nothing really for my son to eat so we left. Arriving at 6-7am to wait in front of rope drop crowd just wouldn’t have been possible with my son’s patience! Lol. It was actually very pleasant just wandering in at 8 and the place felt very empty because everyone else was mostly in line for Oga’s, Falcon or lightsabers.

EE734C14-27D0-4D5F-87FF-423320555735.jpeg

Ok, we are so close to booking a room for only one night just to see SWGE. I want to verify something before we do...if we book next Friday 6/14, will we get SWGE reservations for 6/15? And if we don’t, I can call and request a change to 6/15? Are they pretty flexible about changes? Reason being is we will not arrive until late on 6/14 (driving from NorCal) I tried to search to find my answer and this is what I got so far. Sorry In advance if I missed something obvious. Thank you!!
The norm has been that your Galaxy Edge reservation is for the following day of your check-in. So you should be fine. Where people have needed to call for an adjustment is when they have wanted to go on their check-in day.

Any advice on Oga's for the later reservation windows:. 2pm, 5pm, 8pm? Since these groups will enter from Critter Country, any suggestions on the best way to get to the cantina?
They’ll direct you (you just keep hanging to the right). My friend (who I went with opening day) was there for the 2-6 slot yesterday, and they got into the Cantina by getting in line for the land 30+ minutes before 2 and then going straight there. They had four small kids including a stroller with them, so it’s not like they were flying. They’d also all been before and knew where they were going... but just listen to/ask CMs.

They’ll direct you (you just keep hanging to the right). My friend (who I went with opening day) was there for the 2-6 slot yesterday, and they got into the Cantina by getting in line for the land 30+ minutes before 2 and then going straight there. They had four small kids including a stroller with them, so it’s not like they were flying. They’d also all been before and knew where they were going... but just listen to/ask CMs.
Very helpful -- thank you! Do you know about how long your friend waited to get into Oga's?

Last edited:
The norm has been that your Galaxy Edge reservation is for the following day of your check-in. So you should be fine. Where people have needed to call for an adjustment is when they have wanted to go on their check-in day.

THANK YOU! Very much appreciated :goodvibes

She said it took 20 minutes to give them her name and then they said it’d be 75 minutes until she got a text. Then she posted around 4 that they were about to get in.
Ok, so you've convinced me to try and fit the cantina into the reservation period lol. I told my plan to my aunt that she will wait in the droid line while I get Cantina reservations, and she gave me the oddest look :P Hopefully that means she is onboard. I'm hoping with the added cantina activity, we will have time for the ride. I'm secretly hoping they give us a longer wait time so we have more time in between to get things done.

The prices for drinks at Oga's are a crime against humanity. That is not sustainable once the die hards are gone.
They seem pretty in line with Carthay Circle and Lamplight Lounge to me. Oga's is all batched, but that has pros and cons.

I am ignoring the "comes with collectible thing" listings, because I'm a poor customer for collectibles.

Do they check ID for all members of your party? We have a reservation but would like to make a substitution. The primary reservation holder remains the same and we would not exceed the original number of guests.

Ok, so you've convinced me to try and fit the cantina into the reservation period lol. I told my plan to my aunt that she will wait in the droid line while I get Cantina reservations, and she gave me the oddest look :P Hopefully that means she is onboard. I'm hoping with the added cantina activity, we will have time for the ride. I'm secretly hoping they give us a longer wait time so we have more time in between to get things done.
Friend yesterday did Cantina, ride, built a droid, played hide and seek with Rey, several Photopass spots, got food at Docking Bay 7... with a 2-6 slot.

I really think the only two things you probably can’t do together in a time slot are Savi’s and the Cantina.

We were slow yesterday and arrived pretty much right at 8am. (My first pic inside land was 8:09) The line for Oga’s was insanely long. No way would my son have waited in that! But we pretty much got everything else done we wanted to do in 2 hours! Wandered around taking pictures and checking out shops, drank blue milk, met Ray, and waited 20 min to ride Falcon at 9:20. If we had wanted to build a droid we would have had plenty of time! We also could have eaten there but nothing really for my son to eat so we left. Arriving at 6-7am to wait in front of rope drop crowd just wouldn’t have been possible with my son’s patience! Lol. It was actually very pleasant just wandering in at 8 and the place felt very empty because everyone else was mostly in line for Oga’s, Falcon or lightsabers.

How early did you get to parking/security/whatever? I'm traveling with a toddler, and trying to balance getting there early vs a toddler's lack of patience for boring adult things.

I'm thinking we might get our wristbands, ride a couple fantasyland rides like the carousel or teacups, then wander into SWGE in the 8:30-9:30 range.

Do they check ID for all members of your party? We have a reservation but would like to make a substitution. The primary reservation holder remains the same and we would not exceed the original number of guests.

They do, and you can’t change a person. I would have loved to swap someone in on Tuesday (my husband couldn’t come, and I have a friend who really wants to get in), but it’s not possible. People would sell spots and abuse it.

(Side note: Did anyone else see that some people who got the “you’re alone, call to add up to five people!” email are monetizing it? $50 per spot x 5 spots = $250. This is why we can’t have nice things, shady people!)

Friend yesterday did Cantina, ride, built a droid, played hide and seek with Rey, several Photopass spots, got food at Docking Bay 7... with a 2-6 slot.

I really think the only two things you probably can’t do together in a time slot are Savi’s and the Cantina.
This is so helpful. Thank you! I have been wondering the same thing and will probably do as your friend did. I was so afraid that we would have to be the first ones waiting to get in and then basically run to the Cantina. We have the 11am time slot on Saturday. DH doesn't want to line up super early so I'm planning on getting us to Launch Bay at 9:30 for check in then over to Critter Country entrance by 10-10:30. We'll go straight to the Cantina to put our name in!

Thank you for reporting about your friend’s experience with kids. I’d really like to try for a Cantina reservation and build a droid... was it necessary for your friend’s family to split up to do these two things? Or did they all wait for the Cantina reservation together, then head over to build the droid? I was originally thinking of sending my husband and 4 year old to the Droid Depot while I try for a Cantina reservation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter