D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Friend yesterday did Cantina, ride, built a droid, played hide and seek with Rey, several Photopass spots, got food at Docking Bay 7... with a 2-6 slot.

I really think the only two things you probably can’t do together in a time slot are Savi’s and the Cantina.
This is so helpful. Thank you! I have been wondering the same thing and will probably do as your friend did. I was so afraid that we would have to be the first ones waiting to get in and then basically run to the Cantina. We have the 11am time slot on Saturday. DH doesn't want to line up super early so I'm planning on getting us to Launch Bay at 9:30 for check in then over to Critter Country entrance by 10-10:30. We'll go straight to the Cantina to put our name in!
This also puts me at ease, as I too have an 11-3 reservation. I initially was only going to do the droid and ride, but since it seems like the area is pretty controlled, I might as well take advantage of the full time and do as much as I can. I was just worried that my aunt (who also isn't a Star Wars fan), wouldn't want to do anything lol. She is still annoyed that there isn't fastpass, even though I keep saying the ride line is reasonable (she's been spoiled by my maxpass skills).

Going in Dec and wish they would continue to do something like this reservation times. Not sure how the crowds will be in Dec. We are hoping for the best.

Preliminary HallD23 Schedule: https://d23.com/d23-expo-2019-hall-d23/

Disney+ takes the place of Animation panel on Friday, with Saturday looking like a megapanel for all feature releases across all studios, and Parks happening Sunday

Ahh man, in some ways that completely blows. I wanted to do the animation panel but now that it is one with the live action panel I just don't see getting up at 3 AM to do it. And now the parks panel is the early (only) panel on Sunday? This is the one panel i REALLY want to do. How early do you get up for that panel? It's not as popular as the live action / legends panel, right? I don't think anyone will know what has to be done to make that panel. I wonder if we try for the Disney+ panel only because it will likely be less in demand but my bet is that they will try and REALLY sell the product with some WOW factor.

Oh, and not to brag - but believe I was the first on the thread to suggest there would be a Disney+ panel and that could screw with the usual plans.

Preliminary HallD23 Schedule: https://d23.com/d23-expo-2019-hall-d23/

Disney+ takes the place of Animation panel on Friday, with Saturday looking like a megapanel for all feature releases across all studios, and Parks happening Sunday

I've lived through a long combined panel for Live Action and Animation, but they might be able to control it a bit more now - Lasseter loved to talk.

@skier_pete The Parks, Experiences and Products panel won't be the only thing on Sunday - it's just the initial "big" thing announced.

Ahh man, in some ways that completely blows. I wanted to do the animation panel but now that it is one with the live action panel I just don't see getting up at 3 AM to do it. And now the parks panel is the early (only) panel on Sunday? This is the one panel i REALLY want to do. How early do you get up for that panel? It's not as popular as the live action / legends panel, right? I don't think anyone will know what has to be done to make that panel. I wonder if we try for the Disney+ panel only because it will likely be less in demand but my bet is that they will try and REALLY sell the product with some WOW factor.

Oh, and not to brag - but believe I was the first on the thread to suggest there would be a Disney+ panel and that could screw with the usual plans.

Last year, some folks were able to secure spots at Parks & Resorts "last minute," but I have no idea how the Sunday AM bow will impact lines. And I agree about Disney+ wow factor - I'm sure there will be Star Wars/Marvel fans lining up given the current slate of shows and movies announced for the platform (Mandalorian, Falcon & The Winter Soldier, etc.)

For Sunday in years past they usually don’t allow overnight lining up and they start the line at 6am.

Whoa whoa whoa.

Literally time to erase the entire white board and start over.

This will make things interesting. Only one giant panel most days. That will make the lines and times interesting.

Now I'm really wondering if they'll go to some sort of lottery/pass distribution.

Thank you for reporting about your friend’s experience with kids. I’d really like to try for a Cantina reservation and build a droid... was it necessary for your friend’s family to split up to do these two things? Or did they all wait for the Cantina reservation together, then head over to build the droid? I was originally thinking of sending my husband and 4 year old to the Droid Depot while I try for a Cantina reservation.
They didn’t do the droid until after they’d done the Cantina entirely. It was actually two friends each with their two girls. One went and stood in Cantina line. The other walked around with the girls. They met up and did Docking Bay 7 and then the ride. Then it was close to Cantina time, so they just walked around, took photos, talked to CMs, etc. Then they did Cantina - just one drink each, so not too long. Then they did droid. Played with droid (until getting yelled at, seems to be a theme) and then hung out some more before leaving. They did lots of character interactions and photos sprinkled throughout there.

This is all based on her timestamped IG stories.

The droid is fun to have to walk around with in the land, so I’d probably do it earlier, depending on what kind of Cantina timing you get?

Whoa whoa whoa.

Literally time to erase the entire white board and start over.

This will make things interesting. Only one giant panel most days. That will make the lines and times interesting.

Now I'm really wondering if they'll go to some sort of lottery/pass distribution.

Remember, more stuff is coming. I just pulled up the 2017 schedule on the app and there were multiple large panels at varying times each day - things like the Hercules panel in the Arena and the Alan Menken concert in Hall D23 weren't announced until later and they were overlapping.

So this is just the "big" stuff - more (lots more) will come.

Remember, more stuff is coming. I just pulled up the 2017 schedule on the app and there were multiple large panels at varying times each day - things like the Hercules panel in the Arena and the Alan Menken concert in Hall D23 weren't announced until later and they were overlapping.

So this is just the "big" stuff - more (lots more) will come.

I know. But these are the big panels, the ones that may or may not require camping out for.

Those were the ones I did the most planning for last time.

That’s another thing I was thinking about. I’m sure it’s something under consideration. That’s tough though for a bar type place and not a restaurant.
I may try to go in on my next visit for 8pm. Wondering if that's any easier since they don't have an overlap at the end of the time slot.

I know. But these are the big panels, the ones that may or may not require camping out for.

Those were the ones I did the most planning for last time.
It will be interesting to see how the schedule fills out. I'm guessing the phasing out of Disney Infinity left a hole and it made sense to shift Parks to Sunday. But now I'm interested to see the expanded Parks panel.

Ah, the hard choices begin! :P

It would be really cool if they could take the existing fireworks show and put some Star Wars themed music to it, just for those that are in GE. Seems like it would only take the initial investment in putting the soundtrack together but would create a whole new fireworks experience.

It would be really cool if they could take the existing fireworks show and put some Star Wars themed music to it, just for those that are in GE. Seems like it would only take the initial investment in putting the soundtrack together but would create a whole new fireworks experience.
I think it would be cool, but Disneyland is about to switch shows (tomorrow). Also I don’t think it’s necessary-the fireworks themselves are cool enough! Plus the best area to see is in the spaceport, which doesn’t have music piped in (instead it has appropriate sound effects).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter