D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was talking about our reservation to the land on the 23rd and needing to get there early in order to get into Oga’s.

I agree that starting the 24th, you don’t need to be physically in the park to make the reservation.

Just talked it over with the family though and they want to keep our original plans for the 23rd, which is a crazy early start and use the reservation system on the 24th if for some reason we can’t get into to Oga’s on the 23rd.
We are also going on the 23rd. I wish they would do a test of the reservation system this weekend so we could avoid the stress of the mad dash to Oga’s first thing!

Does anyone know if you have to have your tickets linked on the app to get an Ogas reservation. We would be driving to Disney on 9th July and could go in at night if I got a reservation at 7 that morning but we wont have our tickets until we check in that afternoon

We are a family of 4. I'm hoping we can make a reservation for Savi's and all of us get into the land? Will we be able to make a reservation for 7am on a magic morning?

Does anyone know if you have to have your tickets linked on the app to get an Ogas reservation. We would be driving to Disney on 9th July and could go in at night if I got a reservation at 7 that morning but we wont have our tickets until we check in that afternoon
I think because you can book via the website you don’t need ticket media. That reservation system may not even really be connected to the app (but I could be wrong). I think they will be able to somewhat control it better with the $10 no show fee and that you can’t cancel it (so locals can’t just go in and book one every day without knowing if they will actually go to the parks).

I think because you can book via the website you don’t need ticket media. That reservation system may not even really be connected to the app (but I could be wrong). I think they will be able to somewhat control it better with the $10 no show fee and that you can’t cancel it (so locals can’t just go in and book one every day without knowing if they will actually go to the parks).

Fingers crossed! It would make it more like a day of dining reservation. Might work for us since we wont get much in the way of Maxpass arriving late in the day. We have 5 day hoppers and are either going in to parks on the Tuesday evening or Sunday morning before we leave

Savi's has you make a $199.99 non-refundable "deposit". If you don't show up you just lost $200. This is good you the build + 2 guests.

So is the card to just hold the reservation? Or is it charged for the cost of the lightsaber at time of booking?

I'm traveling with a group of six and four of us definitely want to build and we'd want to do it all together. Seems like it'd be easier to have one person just make the reservation but if they would then charge the cost for four lightsabers then that'd be nice to know. It seems like it's just to hold it and then when you all show up we could pay individually?

This is what it says on the Savi's Workshop page on the Disneyland site: "A valid accepted credit card number is required at the time of booking. A $199.99 no-show fee per builder will be applied to such credit card if you fail to check in for your reservation."

So... sounds like that card is only charged if you no show? And then perhaps I could make a reservation for all of us and when we show up we could pay on our own?

Once people try it out with this new system after the 24th, I'd love to know the fine details!

So is the card to just hold the reservation? Or is it charged for the cost of the lightsaber at time of booking?

I'm traveling with a group of six and four of us definitely want to build and we'd want to do it all together. Seems like it'd be easier to have one person just make the reservation but if they would then charge the cost for four lightsabers then that'd be nice to know. It seems like it's just to hold it and then when you all show up we could pay individually?

This is what it says on the Savi's Workshop page on the Disneyland site: "A valid accepted credit card number is required at the time of booking. A $199.99 no-show fee per builder will be applied to such credit card if you fail to check in for your reservation."

So... sounds like that card is only charged if you no show? And then perhaps I could make a reservation for all of us and when we show up we could pay on our own?

Once people try it out with this new system after the 24th, I'd love to know the fine details!
It’s to hold the reservation at first. I’m guessing maybe once you get there then you could pay in cash or whatever. It’s more or less just making sure people show up. I surely wouldn’t want to be charged $200 for not showing up.

It’s to hold the reservation at first. I’m guessing maybe once you get there then you could pay in cash or whatever.

That would make sense! I’m doing all the planning and reservation making so just wanted to be aware if I made a reservation to build four lightsabers if my card was gonna be slapped with a $800 charge or not!

Think you’re right though it’s likely just to hold it.

I like that having one of these reservations also gets you into the land! I think my plan now is going to save Savi’s for an evening visit so we can see the land at night and use that as our assurance to get in during that time frame.

So as of now there are no Disneyland Resort Hotel benefits for SWGE port 6/23? No EMH? No Priority reservations? I know SWGE is close to unprecedented, but how likely is it we'll see some sort of benefit at some point?

So as of now there are no Disneyland Resort Hotel benefits for SWGE port 6/23? No EMH? No Priority reservations? I know SWGE is close to unprecedented, but how likely is it we'll see some sort of benefit at some point?

Correct. I don't expect them to add SW land to EMH, likely ever. It has always been very limited at Disneyland and I expect that to stay the same.

At best, people with EMH will have the benefit of positioning themselves at the entrance to the land prior to official opening time, and will be the first in on those days.

I'm waiting to see the first few days how this same day reservation pans out. Considering everyone will be trying to book at exactly 7am so they get a for sure spot in I would assume this might crash the disneyapp first couple times and or website. Luckily I have a 2 week preview to see how it works before my trip

They probably wont do anything for a long time if ever at all. Part of the lands already don't open anyways for EMH so they probably wont do for SWGE for a long time

I'm waiting to see the first few days how this same day reservation pans out. Considering everyone will be trying to book at exactly 7am so they get a for sure spot in I would assume this might crash the disneyapp first couple times and or website. Luckily I have a 2 week preview to see how it works before my trip

Locals are lazy. Most people won't be on at 7am, don't worry.

I am stoked to hear about the reservation system for Oga's and Savi's! I honestly wouldn't have been happy going during the reservation period and having to wait in a long line just to put down my name.

It was our turn to go last night (8-12 pm) and I LOVED it. we followed the advice here and split up to line up for so we were able to do Ogas, Savis and the ride etc in our allotted time. Ogas is the best inmho, you truly feel like you are in a movie. The vibe is great and I had the cliff dweller which I thought was delicious.
My son (15 ) got to build his lightsaber and was over the moon. The land was practically empty for our last two hours.
My only beef is with the CM giving consistent INCORRECT information and line cutting people😧 . Luckily we ran into some wonderful people in line who helped us out immensely.

That would make sense! I’m doing all the planning and reservation making so just wanted to be aware if I made a reservation to build four lightsabers if my card was gonna be slapped with a $800 charge or not!

Think you’re right though it’s likely just to hold it.

I like that having one of these reservations also gets you into the land! I think my plan now is going to save Savi’s for an evening visit so we can see the land at night and use that as our assurance to get in during that time frame.
I do not know for certain, but I wouldn't necessarily assume they don't charge you when the reservation is made. The way I read the details, it sounded like you pay when booking it online.

Just curious as I haven't been to the Expo in a fair number of years... what time each evening does the convention/events usually wind down/close for the night? I wan't to know what time to make dining reservations for for dinner but I don't want to miss stuff at the Expo at the same time.

What about during lunch hours? I've heard the convention's food court isn't always the best and is overpriced. Is there ample time during the day to bus or Uber to Downtown Disney or walk to someplace on Harbor, etc. for a bite to eat at lunchtime (doesn't have to be EXACTLY during typical lunch hours, willing to take early or late lunches)??

On that note, if you leave the Expo... is it hard to return and get in without a long wait during the day? I know it's nuts in the morning obviously but I can't recall if we left at all during the day and if it was hard to get back in or not...

Thanks in advance for any help!

Locals are lazy. Most people won't be on at 7am, don't worry.
It's Summer, and there will be plenty of non-locals in town to experience GE, that will be on when reservations open. And there's no idea how many reservations DL will be offering for each time period during the day, so the more desirable slots could fill up quickly. I would not be surprised if on some or all days they're gone before the 8 AM rope drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter