D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not know for certain, but I wouldn't necessarily assume they don't charge you when the reservation is made. The way I read the details, it sounded like you pay when booking it online.

Yeah, I’d definitely want to know for sure! We’re traveling with friends so we’re all paying our own way for it all. If I knew they make you prepay for the lightsabers then they could just Venmo me the funds and I could book it all on one card.

When someone does this, I’d love to hear how it worked out

Just curious as I haven't been to the Expo in a fair number of years... what time each evening does the convention/events usually wind down/close for the night? I wan't to know what time to make dining reservations for for dinner but I don't want to miss stuff at the Expo at the same time.

What about during lunch hours? I've heard the convention's food court isn't always the best and is overpriced. Is there ample time during the day to bus or Uber to Downtown Disney or walk to someplace on Harbor, etc. for a bite to eat at lunchtime (doesn't have to be EXACTLY during typical lunch hours, willing to take early or late lunches)??

On that note, if you leave the Expo... is it hard to return and get in without a long wait during the day? I know it's nuts in the morning obviously but I can't recall if we left at all during the day and if it was hard to get back in or not...

Thanks in advance for any help!

The first couple Expo's, everything pretty much shut down around 5. I think last year there was programming going on later into the evening then previous years. No way to know for sure until the schedule comes out. I don't remember what time the floor closes for the shopping and exhibits.

For lunch the convention center's food is pretty dismal, we usually either just sustain ourselves on junk (pretzels, popcorn, slushies, nachos, smuggled-in granola bars) for the day and wait until dinner for some real food or go to the food trucks right outside the convention center. They generally have at least 3 food trucks outside, the lines are long and the sun is hot, but you have to eat sometime. There is no break in the schedule for lunch, so you'll just have to see when the things are you want to attend and work around them.

I don't remember ever having a problem getting back in after the initial morning rush.

I have tried to read this entire thread but is a bit lengthy so I am sorry if these questions have been asked before. We will be at DL from July 7 - 9 with 3 day park hopper tickets. This will be our first time at DL since my son's Make a Wish Trip in 2013. This is his choice to go to DL. He wants make a lightsaber (not sure if we will due to cost) and also adopt an animal. I read something about it a while ago but haven't heard anything else about it. My questions are: Has anyone done the animal adoptions and how much are they? How is the experience? Do you know if there is a DAS wait process for the new ride? I have already told him that we might not get into the land while we are there but I want to try. Thanks!

I have tried to read this entire thread but is a bit lengthy so I am sorry if these questions have been asked before. We will be at DL from July 7 - 9 with 3 day park hopper tickets. This will be our first time at DL since my son's Make a Wish Trip in 2013. This is his choice to go to DL. He wants make a lightsaber (not sure if we will due to cost) and also adopt an animal. I read something about it a while ago but haven't heard anything else about it. My questions are: Has anyone done the animal adoptions and how much are they? How is the experience? Do you know if there is a DAS wait process for the new ride? I have already told him that we might not get into the land while we are there but I want to try. Thanks!
For animals, there isn't really a whole experience. It's a shop and the various animals are on shelves. After you pick one, you can check out and they will put it in the cardboard carrying case. You can check on some of the blog sites and they may have a listing of the various animals and their costs; I know the Lothcats were sold out for a while but don't know if that is still the case, so I would be careful about getting his hopes up for a particular "species" just in case!

For lightsabers - if you decide to do it, you will need to make a day-of reservation. Those open at 7am every morning; we don't know how quickly they will fill up. When you make a reservation you have to put a credit card and they will charge $200 if you don't show up. It really is an awesome experience though and the quality of the sabers are great! Having a reservation will also guarantee you access to the land.

For the DAS, I believe you will need to check-in at a kiosk. Right now it's just inside the Big Thunder Trail (near the Droid Depot). I assume it will work the same as any other DAS, where you have to wait based on the current wait time of the ride. The FP line isn't closed off, its just not being used for fastpass. I have seen a handful of people with DAS using it so far.

I think with 3 days you will get access to the land at some time. If anything you can do the virtual boarding pass method if you can't get to the park earlier in the morning. I would check this thread again next week and we may have a better idea of the operations once it is in place!

Ok I have read every message on this thread, but in real time, so I want to just make sure I have it together for our trip to SWGE this weekend! We have an 11am-3pm reservation (free) and a 8pm-midnight (hotel) reservation, both on Saturday. It is me, DH, DD14 (birthday girl!) and DD 11. Priorities are Savi’s (DH will build one lightsaber) and Oga’s (all). Whatever we don’t get in session 1, we will try for in session 2. But since Savi’s and Oga’s are both so crazy, I think we should split up and try for both in the morning and then see what happens. Do those of you who have been think this is a good idea?

So I was thinking I will line up to right with one DD, and follow that flag to Oga’s. DH and other DD will line up to the left and head to Savi’s (is that the right place to line up for Savi’s)? If they give us times that overlap, which should we do in session 1 and which should we defer and try to do in session 2? I am hoping one will have an early return time (maybe Oga’s if I can stay towards the front), and one will have a time a few hours into the session (Savi’s). Any advice here is much appreciated!!!

Can anyone tell me how much the legacy sabers are at Dok-Ondar's? They sure are marked up on ebay big-time! (At least I hope so!)
Prices are as follows excluding sales tax

Rey, Vader, Obi-Wan, Temple Guard, Mace Windu: $109.99
Luke (ROTJ Lightsaber), Asajj Ventress, Darth Maul: $129.99
Kylo Ren: $149.99
Ahsoka (2 Lightsabers): $199.99

Anyone else patiently stalking this thread waiting for the day reservations are over?

We’re coming early August and I’m going nuts not knowing what will happen when the reservation period ends!

Especially making all our dining reservations on a guess on how long we’ll be in the land and so on. Our goal is to devote two full mornings to it so hopefully that’ll be enough to get into Oga’s and Savi’s!
We are! We are heading down the end of July. There is just so much unknown right now and it is driving me crazy. I made our fantasmic reservations and our woc dessert reservations so we are just going to work around those two.

Prices are as follows excluding sales tax

Rey, Vader, Obi-Wan, Temple Guard, Mace Windu: $109.99
Luke (ROTJ Lightsaber), Asajj Ventress, Darth Maul: $129.99
Kylo Ren: $149.99
Ahsoka (2 Lightsabers): $199.99

These prices are just for the hilts. You have to buy the blade separately or you can use the same blade from your custom-made if you want and have one. The hilts do come with a crystal for the specific color, but those can't be changed out because they match the character. My friend bought Asajj Ventress's and a blade that's a bit longer then the ones you get with the custom sabers. The blade was $55.

So basically make one yourself or buy a specific character, they come out to about the same cost.

Oga's requires a credit card reservation much like other reservations and you will be charged $10 per person for a no show. You cannot cancel. Reservation is a 45 minute window and you have a 2 drink max.
So if you get charged if you don't turn up does the reservation guarantee you entry to the land at your selected time even when the virtual queue is in operation or its at capacity? I.e bypassing the need to also be in the virtual queue?

Thanks.

So if you get charged if you don't turn up does the reservation guarantee you entry to the land at your selected time even when the virtual queue is in operation or its at capacity? I.e bypassing the need to also be in the virtual queue?

Thanks.
Yes, exactly. You don't need to be in the virtual queue if you have an Oga's or Savi's reservation. It won't hurt the capacity projections too much since both of those are such low-capacity attractions.

For those visiting Batuu from June 24 onwards, here is my summary of the reservation system for Olgas Cantina and Savis Workshop
  1. When general admission starts for Batuu on June 24, you will need a reservation to visit Olgas Cantina or Savis workshop
  2. Guests wishing to book a reservation for Olgas Cantina or Savis workshop may do so on the same day of their visit, beginning at 7 a.m., with a valid credit card.
  3. Reservations can be made through the App or through the website.
  4. Reservations are non transferable and can not be sold or bartered
  5. Reservations for both Olgas Cantina or Savis workshop will allow access into Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at the time of the reservation.
  6. It will not be necessary to join a boarding group, if the virtual queue system is in operation to enter Batuu if you have a reservation for Olgas Cantina or Savis workshop
  7. There are no cancellations allowed for either Olgas Cantina or Savis Workshop
  8. For both Olgas Cantina and Savis Workshop you will need the reservation confirmation, the card used for the reservation and photo ID
  9. For Savis workshop a $199.99 per builder no show fee will be charged to the credit card if you do not check in for your reservation
  10. For Savis workshop you need to check in no later than 20 minutes before your reservation time
  11. For Olgas Cantina, a $10 per person no show fee will be charged to the credit card if you do not check in for your reservation
  12. For Olgas Cantina, you need to check in 15 minutes before the reservation time with the CM, and then when there is space for your party, you will be allowed inside.
  13. For Olgas Cantina, all members of your party must be present at checkin.
  14. For Olgas Cantina there will be a 45 minute time limit and a 2 drink per person limit.

For those visiting Batuu from June 24 onwards, here is my summary of the reservation system for Olgas Cantina and Savis Workshop
  1. When general admission starts for Batuu on June 24, you will need a reservation to visit Olgas Cantina or Savis workshop
  2. Guests wishing to book a reservation for Olgas Cantina or Savis workshop may do so on the same day of their visit, beginning at 7 a.m., with a valid credit card.
  3. Reservations can be made through the App or through the website.
  4. Reservations are non transferable and can not be sold or bartered
  5. Reservations for both Olgas Cantina or Savis workshop will allow access into Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at the time of the reservation.
  6. It will not be necessary to join a boarding group, if the virtual queue system is in operation to enter Batuu if you have a reservation for Olgas Cantina or Savis workshop
  7. There are no cancellations allowed for either Olgas Cantina or Savis Workshop
  8. For both Olgas Cantina and Savis Workshop you will need the reservation confirmation, the card used for the reservation and photo ID
  9. For Savis workshop a $199.99 per builder no show fee will be charged to the credit card if you do not check in for your reservation
  10. For Savis workshop you need to check in no later than 20 minutes before your reservation time
  11. For Olgas Cantina, a $10 per person no show fee will be charged to the credit card if you do not check in for your reservation
  12. For Olgas Cantina, you need to check in 15 minutes before the reservation time with the CM, and then when there is space for your party, you will be allowed inside.
  13. For Olgas Cantina, all members of your party must be present at checkin.
  14. For Olgas Cantina there will be a 45 minute time limit and a 2 drink per person limit.
Also a reservation at Savi's allow up to 2 guests to accommodate the builder and access SWGE.

These prices are just for the hilts. You have to buy the blade separately or you can use the same blade from your custom-made if you want and have one. The hilts do come with a crystal for the specific color, but those can't be changed out because they match the character. My friend bought Asajj Ventress's and a blade that's a bit longer then the ones you get with the custom sabers. The blade was $55.

So basically make one yourself or buy a specific character, they come out to about the same cost.

Thanks for the additional info!

As a previous poster mentioned those prices are without a blade which is an additonal $55 also the Darth Maul one is only "half" so if you want his complete double blade you'll need to buy 2

This is also the case for Ventress, and both her's and Maul's come with connector pieces to put them together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter