• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised there's still no paid preview events prior to 5/31... anyone think this still might happen?

They could still do events after the second ride opens. I imagine they will find a way to capitalize on it. Early morning or late night special ticketed events like at WDW maybe.

not sure if this can be answered or not but we hit Disney every two years but have thought of putting it off this year per Star Wars land opening.

I had a buddy tell me they are only letting so many folks in a day, no fast passes etc. is this true or is there somewhere I can read on it to better prepare ourselves if we go this year?

Thanks
Visit the SWGE subform on Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies for everything SWGE. I even have a section for Disneyland differences so its not just WDW specific.

This just got posted:
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-star-wars-galaxys-edge-at-disneyland-resort/

But it basically is the same as what we know before - you need a reservation. No standby line. If you stay in a hotel, you get a reservation. No other details. :badpc:

I noticed the comment there that someone said on-site was booked 6/1-6/2. I just booked this week for 6/4-6/6 at PPH and there were also rooms available onsite 6/1-6/4. In case anyone else is looking!
I was too stressed thinking I may miss out on SWGE by staying at Hojo the whole week!

Put this down as 'anecdotal' but I was talking to a teller at my bank who is going in June. She said they were told they'd get their 'reservation time' when they check in, BUT that (per the booking CM) "if SWL is at capacity when your reservation time comes, you'll be given a 'rain check' for another time". She didn't ask specifically when that 'rain check' would be. Later that day? Another day during her stay? Three weeks from next Tuesday? It'd be a bummer to show up at your time and be told "here's a rain check....come back at 9 pm tonite".

At any rate, sounds to me as if there will either be no 'exit times' and they're just going to hope people leave so other can get in OR that they aren't planning on being strict about kicking people out after their allotted time is up.

This just got posted:
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-star-wars-galaxys-edge-at-disneyland-resort/

But it basically is the same as what we know before - you need a reservation. No standby line. If you stay in a hotel, you get a reservation. No other details. :badpc:

I despise videos like this. If you want to have them, fine.

But can't you also provide a bullet point list and just give that to me? So I don't have to listen to 5 + minutes of nonsense to get two points of information?

It's funny they released the Halloween festivities but we're still waiting on reservation details at almost a month out!

At this point, I'm just hoping they release the details and give the option to book reservations before May 9th as I'm going out of the country for a few weeks then:crazy:

Put this down as 'anecdotal' but I was talking to a teller at my bank who is going in June. She said they were told they'd get their 'reservation time' when they check in, BUT that (per the booking CM) "if SWL is at capacity when your reservation time comes, you'll be given a 'rain check' for another time". She didn't ask specifically when that 'rain check' would be. Later that day? Another day during her stay? Three weeks from next Tuesday? It'd be a bummer to show up at your time and be told "here's a rain check....come back at 9 pm tonite".

At any rate, sounds to me as if there will either be no 'exit times' and they're just going to hope people leave so other can get in OR that they aren't planning on being strict about kicking people out after their allotted time is up.

Ugh I hope we know before check in...

Got the event Disneyland park tickets today - 5 day hopper for $340, no tax (compared to $395 on the website now). That said, the ticket doesn't say anything about magic mornings (not sure if that matters) & there was no option to add on MaxPass.

Got the event Disneyland park tickets today - 5 day hopper for $340, no tax (compared to $395 on the website now). That said, the ticket doesn't say anything about magic mornings (not sure if that matters) & there was no option to add on MaxPass.

I didn't see anything about these going on sale yet. Did you get an email?

I didn't see anything about these going on sale yet. Did you get an email?

I remember someone in a FB group saying they'd go on sale today. Checked the link in my confirmation email this morning, and it took me to the website.

We too had a link in our Expo ticket confirmation email, and it was live today. We were happy to buy 5-day hoppers for less than the regular price of 3-days!

Are there long lines to enter the Expo all day, or just for the early (10 AM) most popular events?

Are there long lines to enter the Expo all day, or just for the early (10 AM) most popular events?
My experience with the last couple of expos is there are long lines for opening each day, but it seems to get better after those folks get inside. That being said, with the thousands of attendees all funneled through the security lines, some folks have reported it taking an hour or two to get in especially on the bigger days of Friday and Saturday.

My experience with the last couple of expos is there are long lines for opening each day, but it seems to get better after those folks get inside. That being said, with the thousands of attendees all funneled through the security lines, some folks have reported it taking an hour or two to get in especially on the bigger days of Friday and Saturday.

Thanks! That’s helpful for planning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter