D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there long lines to enter the Expo all day, or just for the early (10 AM) most popular events?
Yes I agree with the PP, it is only morning, and it worst on Day 1. I plan to be there by 5AM. Maybe 4AM on Day 1. If you come later it can take hours just to get into the building.

:wizard:

Yes I agree with the PP, it is only morning, and it worst on Day 1. I plan to be there by 5AM. Maybe 4AM on Day 1. If you come later it can take hours just to get into the building.

:wizard:

Ouch! Guess we won’t be closing down DL Thursday night.

I remember someone in a FB group saying they'd go on sale today. Checked the link in my confirmation email this morning, and it took me to the website.

We too had a link in our Expo ticket confirmation email, and it was live today. We were happy to buy 5-day hoppers for less than the regular price of 3-days!

Thanks. I missed the link. I was looking at my confirmation, but it was an image. I have programmed myself to skip over images, because they are usually adso_O I too noticed that it didn't say Magic Morning, which makes me think they are not eligible. The main DL site does list it. Decisions, decisions.

We do not know if the overnights will be the same as the last 2 Expos. But I will add that while they SAID no overnight Saturday night for Sunday, apparently they did have one. I got there later that morning, and they had closed it already, it was maybe 7-8 am. I got inside somehow, to use bathroom, there were are donuts involved (I saw a guy wheeling tons of donut boxes away from the event for the Sorcerers, I asked if the line could have them, he shrugged and said ok, and I was a hero, and some how got swept up inside with the crowd from Hall E.) You just gotta roll with some stuff at the Expo, lol.

But it really has me wondering about Saturday night/Sunday morning plans. I WAY prefer getting into Hall E if that is an option.

But it really has me wondering about Saturday night/Sunday morning plans. I WAY prefer getting into Hall E if that is an option.
Sunday morning has been the smallest by a lot for the early arrivals, as there isn’t any big panel like parks & resorts, live action, or animated movies. I was an hour or so later arrivals and was still in hall E. The FAQ info from last years said overnight starting at 1000 pm the night prior for the next day while For Sunday’s session the earliest arrival time was to be 0600 a.m. as there were no overnight queues. Sunday tends to be a bit lighter for those who may have earlier flights or longer drives & do not attend all of Sunday.

My disappointment in the Expo tickets continues. My complaint is that the tickets don't start until Monday August 19th. We are flying in on Saturday the 17th. Our plan was 4 days of park time (18th through 21st) and then take the 22nd off. On the 22nd we are transferring to a hotel closer to the convention center from a hotel close to DLR. I want a day to relax before the craziness of the convention. Then I was going to hold onto the 5th day of the tickets in case they give out some special park event to attendees at the parks panel. (My #1 thing is to see the parks panel.) If they don't give anything out, we'll go to the park for a few hours on Sunday afternoon/evening before we fly out on Monday.

So, of course the discount tickets don't work with these plans! I was trying to decide what a "Break even" on throwing our plans out the window are and I was always thinking around $75 I would consider it. The 5 day tickets give us a $55 per ticket discount on a 5-day ticket (plus tax). In addition, it appears the discount ticket does not include a magic morning. Since we are coming from the east coast, I think having that Magic Morning is a wonderful perk as it easy to get up for an early entry - easily a $30 or $40 value in itself. So I'm leaning towards buying the non-discount ticket.

What's LMT?
Last Minute Travel Club -- one of the favorite discount vendors (authorized) on this board. Many posters use them and love them -- the discounts are very good -- and the tickets can go right to the turnstiles, so no waiting in line at the booths first.

My disappointment in the Expo tickets continues. My complaint is that the tickets don't start until Monday August 19th. We are flying in on Saturday the 17th. Our plan was 4 days of park time (18th through 21st) and then take the 22nd off. On the 22nd we are transferring to a hotel closer to the convention center from a hotel close to DLR. I want a day to relax before the craziness of the convention. Then I was going to hold onto the 5th day of the tickets in case they give out some special park event to attendees at the parks panel. (My #1 thing is to see the parks panel.) If they don't give anything out, we'll go to the park for a few hours on Sunday afternoon/evening before we fly out on Monday.

So, of course the discount tickets don't work with these plans! I was trying to decide what a "Break even" on throwing our plans out the window are and I was always thinking around $75 I would consider it. The 5 day tickets give us a $55 per ticket discount on a 5-day ticket (plus tax). In addition, it appears the discount ticket does not include a magic morning. Since we are coming from the east coast, I think having that Magic Morning is a wonderful perk as it easy to get up for an early entry - easily a $30 or $40 value in itself. So I'm leaning towards buying the non-discount ticket.

I am doing a similar debate. I wanted to hit MM on Thursday and buy Maxpass in advance. Buying it everyday and scanning the ticket isn't a massive pain, but it's a minor annoyance.

Last Minute Travel Club -- one of the favorite discount vendors (authorized) on this board. Many posters use them and love them -- the discounts are very good -- and the tickets can go right to the turnstiles, so no waiting in line at the booths first.

Not having to hit the ticket booth is very important if you want to maximize your time and hit the park on your arrival day. I wonder if LMT will get the Maxpass pre-purchase option. I think someone mentioned that another reseller was getting it.

The LMT prices are better than Disney, but they still aren't as cheap as the D23 discount. However, LMT would include Magic Morning.

A friend shared with me a rumor that I haven't heard before, and I can't verify it anywhere. He said that a one day ("single day") pass would not qualify you to make a reservation for SW:GE. I am assuming he's referring to the sign-up system and not the hotel guarantee. Have any of y'all heard that? I haven't heard anything about a single day ticket not qualifying for reservation whether through the hotel or sign-up system.

Strangely, I'm seeing less and less from Disney about the sign-up system, and more about the hotel guarantee. I get hotel stays would be greater revenue for Disney, and it offers definite access (if you can get into DL park), but when the SW:GE reservation dates rolled out they initially described both types of reservations equally.

A friend shared with me a rumor that I haven't heard before, and I can't verify it anywhere. He said that a one day ("single day") pass would not qualify you to make a reservation for SW:GE. I am assuming he's referring to the sign-up system and not the hotel guarantee. Have any of y'all heard that? I haven't heard anything about a single day ticket not qualifying for reservation whether through the hotel or sign-up system.

Strangely, I'm seeing less and less from Disney about the sign-up system, and more about the hotel guarantee. I get hotel stays would be greater revenue for Disney, and it offers definite access (if you can get into DL park), but when the SW:GE reservation dates rolled out they initially described both types of reservations equally.
There’s not really any information on how any of it works. Other than saying there will be a reservation system in place, and that people staying at on property hotels would be guaranteed a reservation.

It is entirely possible that it will be very difficult to get a reservation if you are not staying at an on property hotel.

All of this only applies to the first three weeks from May 31 to June 23.

I hope we know before check in, too, because we have dining reservations!

Same here! We have had reservations mid June at the Grand for months and I'd really like to know what day this reservation will be for. I thought they would tell us by now more definite details. I'm not sure I'll be able to shuffle dining plans around easily or at all if we have to wait until check in. Very excited, but I just wish we knew what was happening.

So who is the first one on this board to
check into an on-site hotel for SWGE and which date?
You’ll have to post right away about the reservation process if we don’t have more info by then! Lol.
I check in June 4th and I’m sure there’s lots before that.

I have two reservations booked at the VGC, May 29 to 31, and May 31 to June 3.

As others said Disney has not said much other than reservations will be required and that hotel guests will be guaranteed a reservation. The only rumor I heard that would support your friend's rumor is that APs would be the only other group offered the free reservations.

WDW AP veteran (live 40 minutes away) and have had our first DL/DCA trip planned since January. Our DD is a CM at WDW, and we have planned the trip on a BUDGET, using her CM discount for PPH, and her complimentary tickets/Main Entrance Pass for admission. (Learned yesterday that her comp tickets/Main Entrance passes are completely blocked for DL for what appears to be eternity, but comps can be used some days of our trip at DCA. NONE can be used on 6/2) Trip dates: 6/1 - 6/6. Her 20th birthday is 6/2 and she wants nothing more than to be in DL on her actual BD. Today DL released park hours for 6/2: 8am - 6pm, which confirms earlier speculation about why people were unable to book any F! dining packages that day. Clearly there is going to be a special event (undoubtedly related to SW:GE) that evening. Now I have to decide if I want to drop $400+ for a short day at DL or convince her it would be wiser to adjust our plans and do the much less exciting DCA that day. Was also planning F! dining package, and WoC dessert party, but may have to scrap those plans altogether just to afford entering DL for one day. So disappointed. I actually considered completely different options (which, I now realize were completely unrealistic, but in the moment seemed logical) such as flying on from LAX to HI to go to Aulani instead, or scrapping CA altogether and doing a Disney cruise. So, now I must accept the additional cost for tickets. Had originally planned 2 days in DL, but now may be only 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter