D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think they won't actually have it on the 2nd? They have it officially on the site with details. Is it an unofficial vlog that was suggesting they're not going to do reservations on the 2nd?
No, I don't think anything. I did not know they were planning to announce it at 8AM. I thought they were opening reservations at 8AM. I have not been paying super close attention. I am not headed there until August. I was just confused.

:wizard:

did anyone else catch that he said that Fastpass wont be needed AT FIRST in Star Wars Galaxys Edge, just the free reservations??

So does that mean for those of us going from June 24 onwards, there WILL be Fastpass??
Neither Disneyland or WDW Galaxy Edge is supposed to have FP for a while. They said even when the other ride opens they will not be using FP initially.

No, I don't think anything. I did not know they were planning to announce it at 8AM. I thought they were opening reservations at 8AM. I have not been paying super close attention. I am not headed there until August. I was just confused.

:wizard:

Gotcha. I thought you had some insider info about the tickets not really being available when announced because they didn't say it in an unofficial/official site announcement! lol

Does anybody have any idea when ROTR is supposed to open? I am super pumped for SWGE and especially for ROTR and I don’t want to miss it. I’d love to go over my birthday and I was thinking I would go September 30-October 4, but how likely is it to be open by then?

I have seen opinions on this across the board. I have heard some say it will be open by the end of summer, and I have heard some say by the end of the year. I think right now it is a crap shoot on when it opens.

Anyone with a reservation to SWGE have a game plan for your 4 hours yet? We have a reservation for June 1, 8 a.m.-noon and I’m trying to decide what we will have time to do and how to prioritize everything!

Luckily, we're not going until 6/15 so I'll have 2 weeks worth of trip reports and feedback to help us determine a game plan and set expectations before we go.

Luckily, we're not going until 6/15 so I'll have 2 weeks worth of trip reports and feedback to help us determine a game plan and set expectations before we go.

Same here. We arrive a few days after you and so it's kind of nice to have some time to figure it all out based on others' experiences.

But the plan is that they will explain the reservation process at 8:00 am that day. And then at 10:00 the reservations open. So, he’ll probably have another video released at 8:00 on the 2nd.

How to get a Star Wars Reservation - Use the Force!

Does the membership auto-renewal process normally happen without a hitch? Or are glitches the norm? DH's membership was supposed to renew automatically today. As far as I know, the credit card info on his account is up to date. He just got an email saying that his membership has expired and is now invalid. Anyone else go through this? Will this fix itself or do I have to go after D23?

Anyone with a reservation to SWGE have a game plan for your 4 hours yet? We have a reservation for June 1, 8 a.m.-noon and I’m trying to decide what we will have time to do and how to prioritize everything!

We have a the same reservation and I am also super-curious for a game plan? I am torn between showing my son, the Star Wars fan, everything on the internet about it so he can provide input vs. letting his mind be blown when we walk in. I am tentatively planning to just walk around and take it all in for a little bit at the beginning and maybe look at the shops but not buy yet and then head to the attraction and then lastly go back to the shops for any purchases we have decided on, get some food and leave. I’m assuming most people are planning to do the attraction either first or last and since I don’t plan to make the commitment to be at the front of the line I don’t think it will make sense to head there first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter