D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney is known for being a hot mess when anything new opens up. Remember Frozen? Yikes.
They cross their fingers and hope for the best and adjust constantly as the new thing rolls out. So much planning is going into the opening of this new land, and there will be constant changes. Count on it.

To those asking about maps the Play Disney app should have a map of the land. It may not be the same, but should give you a general idea.

Received a response from the D23 team. The cancellation email was a mistake. However, upon checking DH's D23 account, it still hasn't updated like it was supposed to today. So, technically, his membership expired yesterday and...? All the information looks current, so we'll see what happens. D23 said to wait for several days to see if the renewal goes through.
ETA: Just received an email from D23 saying that DH's membership renewed without any problems. I went to D23.com to double check that everything was in order, e.g. right membership level, and it was. Sigh of relief...

Last edited:

It will be very interesting to read about everyone's experience!
Well, here's to hoping that I don't have any major issues (outside of the expected server crashing!) We have a Good Neighbor hotel package booked for June 11 -17, so we are NOT on site, and go through the process today. However, because of this, the tickets associated with our dates cannot be linked to our online account, and we cannot access them, since Disneyland can only deal with our Travel Agent directly. So, we have a Disneyland online account, but we have no physical tickets to associate with it until we check in at the Tropicana. Then, I just saw on Undercover Tourist that each person must make their own GE reservation, and that TA's will not be able to do so. So, I am hoping that the only requirement to book the reservation is to have an account. Because if the online ticket linking is required, then apparently I can't do that because DL will only work with my TA, but simultaneously (according to UT) my TA would not be able to snag me a GE reservation bc she is NOT me. See the loop-block? Ultimately, I see no problem with Disney not requiring a ticket to get the reservation, because people may not have tickets YET, get their reservation, and then will still need to eventually get their ticket for entrance anyway, so it really doesn't matter if people don't have a ticket yet.

Well, here's to hoping that I don't have any major issues (outside of the expected server crashing!) We have a Good Neighbor hotel package booked for June 11 -17, so we are NOT on site, and go through the process today. However, because of this, the tickets associated with our dates cannot be linked to our online account, and we cannot access them, since Disneyland can only deal with our Travel Agent directly. So, we have a Disneyland online account, but we have no physical tickets to associate with it until we check in at the Tropicana. Then, I just saw on Undercover Tourist that each person must make their own GE reservation, and that TA's will not be able to do so. So, I am hoping that the only requirement to book the reservation is to have an account. Because if the online ticket linking is required, then apparently I can't do that because DL will only work with my TA, but simultaneously (according to UT) my TA would not be able to snag me a GE reservation bc she is NOT me. See the loop-block? Ultimately, I see no problem with Disney not requiring a ticket to get the reservation, because people may not have tickets YET, get their reservation, and then will still need to eventually get their ticket for entrance anyway, so it really doesn't matter if people don't have a ticket yet.

Hasn't it already been confirmed that tickets aren't needed to get GE reservations?

Hasn't it already been confirmed that tickets aren't needed to get GE reservations?
That's what I had understood it as, and that's what I'm hoping it indeed is, but when somebody like Undercover Tourist says this, it makes me wonder if there is new info. Perhaps it is just my day-of overthinking anxiety kicking in.

That's what I had understood it as, and that's what I'm hoping it indeed is, but when somebody like Undercover Tourist says this, it makes me wonder if there is new info. Perhaps it is just my day-of overthinking anxiety kicking in.

What Undercover Tourist said doesn't appear to have anything to do with tickets though. Just that you, must go into your Disney account and make your own GE reservations (for you and your party). I.E. don't call your Travel Agency to do it for you as they won't be able to.

Probably stupid question but exactly where do we go at 11 (8:00 CA time) to get the info. Can we book from the app or just Disneyland account?

We won't know for sure until Parks Blog posts more info in the next hour , though it could be true. Hypothetically speaking they wouldn't want reservations taken up by guests not able to enter the park or prevent selling of such, so the only way to make that happen would be to have tickets attached to the account or an AP. This also could be to prevent double dipping , though it's all speculation until we hear it direct.

Probably stupid question but exactly where do we go at 11 (8:00 CA time) to get the info. Can we book from the app or just Disneyland account?

I plan on going directly to the Disneyland website. Or you could wait like two minutes and I am sure someone on this board will have a good breakdown ;)

Im guessing at 8AM theyre is going be a virtual queue to make reservations at 10AM.

It's supposedly just info at 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter