D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going right after the reservations will be lifted and because of that, I'm expecting it to be CRAZY with people making a beeline for Smugglers Run first. I've seen videos and read reports not just on here but other places, and I've seen the wait to get inside Oga's Cantina has been over an hour. I've seen it be less than two hours even. What has it been like? Would you suggest trying to get into Oga's first and then wait for the ride and then do everything else after? A completely different plan? Four hours for the reservation slots seem like a great amount of time, but thinking about it now makes me wonder how everyone is able to visit the restaurants there and the cantina while also wanting to ride Smugglers Run, shop, encounter the characters, ect. before their time ends. I'm expecting the process to be slightly different when the land opens to the public without reservations but it never hurts to get an idea of how things could be. Thanks!

Are you unable to book the reservation for a Wed night so you get the Thursday reservation?
I actually work Wednesday night, and I am several hours away, so unfortunately, no. I'd have to book the hotel for a Thursday night and then see if I could get a SWGE reservation for Thursday afternoon or evening. SUCH a long shot!!!! Oh well. I'll probably just wait it out... and be sad in the meantime!

So even though I liked the land, I was pretty disappointed with Smugglers Run. Basically a slightly enhanced version of Star Tours and you get to push flashy buttons.

There's no way to know how crowds will behave after reservations lift.

But Oga's doesn't have a "wait," Oga's just shuts down the line after like 15 minutes. Literally, I had an 8am reservation today and people who went STRAIGHT to Oga's but were at the back of the pack didn't get in. They open the land by hollering "Cantina on the right; everything else on the left!" The Cantina is a force unto itself. A lot will depend on how they let people in long-term.

Smuggler's Run has been dropping to 15 minute waits in every reservation period, but it could certainly hit 3 hours and then just stay there all day. Can you do single rider? That would help.

The Cantina is the best thing in the land.

I actually work Wednesday night, and I am several hours away, so unfortunately, no. I'd have to book the hotel for a Thursday night and then see if I could get a SWGE reservation for Thursday afternoon or evening. SUCH a long shot!!!! Oh well. I'll probably just wait it out... and be sad in the meantime!
Then book it for Thursday, wait for the email within 2 days of booking, then call to see if they can switch the Reservation of SWGE to Thursday night. If not, cancel. Isn't it full $ back? or are we too close?

Then book it for Thursday, wait for the email within 2 days of booking, then call to see if they can switch the Reservation of SWGE to Thursday night. If not, cancel. Isn't it full $ back? or are we too close?
Hmmm I don't know (never booked an on-property stay before). Will go check out the terms and conditions. Thanks!

They are now giving out reservations for Oga's. It's a virtual queue. I'd head there first, get your time period and if there's time (not sure how lines will be after the reservation process is done) head to Smuggler's Run. I'm pretty sure that they'll limit the number of people inside of Galaxy's Edge so I doubt the waits will be like Pandora. Pandora was a good trial run for GE and Disneyland will be a good trial run for WDW. So far, most people have been staying away. My guess (and I was right about how the first few days at GE worked out here) is that after the first day, it'll be okay (not great but not horrible). I still think too many people were scared off by predictions about crowds. Just my opinion. No one will really know until it happens.

Has anyone gotten other merchandise outside of Droids and Light sabers? I saw T-shirts, pins, and cups in Star Trader the other day, but not interested in those. And I know about the Porgs and Monkey Lizards, but are there other items to purchase? Do they have any cookware? I have some Disney cookware, maybe I can add to the collection.
The droid store has some very cool but expensive kitchenware. Like, some bowls, plates, oven mitts... they have this bowl that I spotted and thought would be an amazing popcorn bowl, it's the top of R2D2's dome inverted, and then I picked it up and realized it's heavy as all heck and $75, sooo... probably not going to use it for popcorn. Still was tempted.

But they have a ton of stuff to buy. Tons.

Anyone know if we still get the SWGE reservation if we book an on-site hotel through something like Expedia instead of direct through the Disneyland website? Expedia has PPH hotel available but the DL website does not. Weird?

Same boat. We arrive July 1-5th.

My guess is the best time is going to be first thing in the morning. Because even with the virtual line, that’s just a line to get into Star Wars land. My guess is they still won’t have fastpasses for the ride (how could they do that and the virtual line, you could have a fastpass but not able to get in yet).. so even once your time came to go in the lines for everything could be super long.

Right now I’m debating our plans. We like to use our magic morning to hit fantasy land and maxpass DCA and then we hop over. For regular park opening rope drop there are other things that are a must so I’m trying to figure out where to fit it in.

I have an AP that is blocked on Friday/Sat/Sundays.

If I were to pull the trigger on a resort hotel reservation for a Thursday night, what do you suppose the chances are that I would get a reservation for a Thursday, when I COULD go, as opposed to the following day Friday, when I cannot go?

I got my reservation today and was able to change it to the day prior with an 8am reservation. If they have availability, you ask for a day/time change.

I haven't been yet, but from reports on here, and on various blogs I've read...Cantina is where you need to head first. That could change after the reservations but for now Cantina is the place everyone wants

I'm really curious about how they are going to handle the cantina after the reservation period. If they do a standby line, it's going to be super long all day. If they implement some kind of reservation/waitlist, I imagine that it would fill up for the entire day soon after the park opens. Maybe they go crazy and implement some kind of FP-like system where you get a specific return time. No matter what, I would guess it's going to be the hottest ticket at the entire resort for a loooooong time. It's super fun to just hang out in there.

Following this thread... we will be there June 24th and 25th. I am wondering what time we will need to line up to just get in the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter