D23 Expo 2019 (First page with major info)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn't lease the whole island of Eluthera. It's a HUGE island. They were granted permission to develop the southernmost point, Lighthouse Point, kinda how like Royal Caribbean developed Labadee, which is part of Haiti. Currently, that part of the island is undeveloped.
Yeah which is why I said its different from Castaway Cay where they basically have the whole thing.

Even though I'm not going to the D23Expo, but I'm kind of nervous for Bob Chapek. I've heard people were thinking to booed him off stage for what he's done to the parks like Star Wars Galaxy's Edge. I know nobody has to like him and I know he's not perfect, but I hope those crazy fans won't do any harm on him.:(

I hope you’re right. We don’t want to have to arrive before dawn, much less sleep there! Waiting eagerly for more details as well as the full schedule so we can plan better.
So far D23 2019 is off to a horrible start, and it doesn't begin for another six days. I purchased 3 day passes in November, and purchased a Gold Membership because Priority Seating was advertised. Fast forward 8 months and Disney announces Online Reservations. The Marvel We Love You 3000 panel indicates "Reservations Required" and it at the Marvel area on the Show Floor. The Online Reservations were supposed to take place Friday, 8/16 at Noon PDT. Nope. It was pushed to 1PM. Nope. Pushed to 3PM. Nope. Pushed to Saturday, 8/17 at noon PDT, so I was online, waiting. I was moved into the "Virtual Queue" while the countdown timer was still counting down, and sat in that queue for 90 minutes. I watched Tweets and noticed people commenting they were finally in the Queue 5 to 10 minutes after I entered the Queue. These people later tweeted they were able to get their panels, and I was sitting at not even halfway in the Queue status line. The message was if you leave the line, you will have to start all over. So why were people who arrived to the queue well after I did allowed to get reservations before me? When I finally got to the reservations page, 90 minutes after I entered the queue, every reservation was gone. Why were Gold Members not given priority queuing? By giving reservations to non-Gold Members, Disney has essentially nullified the only real benefit of the Gold Membership for this event So my friend and I paid $100 each for the privilege of spending the night on concrete for the potential of possibly getting a seat, while smart people who didn't pay extra, and figured out a way to skip the queue (a cheat was posted on a bulletin board and on the D23 Twitter page to hit escape right as you get moved into the queue, and you get moved to the reservations page) walk right in. The Marvel 3000 tour is out because it requires a reservation. And if we want to get an autograph we are really hosed. Store passes were by reservation, it's mandatory that anything to be signed must be purchased at the Expo, so we get to stand in an hours long line, with no guarantee of who will be there and/or will be signing. AND getting an autograph is contingent on getting in another line with not good odd of success, because Talent Passes go first and were by reservation.

and what was highlighted "guaranteed entry to select session" is probably the key here. If they open this to all Hall D23 sessions, then great for people trying to get into them. Maybe with the issue they had at the last expo they may rethink some things. I guess we will see as it gets closer.
My friend and I bought Gold Memberships because Priority Seating was well advertised, and the "Know Before You Go" video said the only way to not stay the night on concrete to get into Hall D23 was to get a Gold Membership. Well, 8 months AFTER we purchased 3 Day passes and Gold Memberships, Disney announced Online Reservations, which nullifies Gold Membership Priority Seating. So we each paid $100 extra for the benefit of "sleeping" on the Anaheim Convention Center floor (I will never feel clean after), then watching people who didn't buy tickets in November, didn't buy a Membership based on a promise BY DISNEY, walk right in, while foolish us possibly won't get into any panels, won't get any autographs, and definitely won't get to see the Marvel We Love You 3000 tour, which is reservation required.

Len Testa believes it’s just a company initiative nothing parks related. I would agree with this. A major parks project likely wouldn’t be on stage 28. I’m not expecting much from this.

Well, if the announcement on the 22nd is not something we're enthused about, we'll be a no-show for our Stage Pass and go do something else! There is certainly an abundance of options! :earboy2:

With the new movie... I'd expect most of the cast will be there.

yeah, I just saw some other posts recently that the expectations were that there wouldn't be a new trailer or anything for the new movie at D23 as the focus would be on the Mandeloirian ... so when I saw this that made me think perhaps there will be more for Rise of Skywalker at D23 than originally thought/rumored

Len Testa believes it’s just a company initiative nothing parks related. I would agree with this. A major parks project likely wouldn’t be on stage 28. I’m not expecting much from this.

Why the heck would Disney tease something as uninteresting as a new company initiative on the same day (or day after) Universal announced an entire new park? At the very least, I would expect it to be something the public is actually interested in.

I don't at all think it's a new park announcement, but why would a company initiative need a 1 hour presentation?

Why the heck would Disney tease something as uninteresting as a new company initiative on the same day (or day after) Universal announced an entire new park? At the very least, I would expect it to be something the public is actually interested in.

I don't at all think it's a new park announcement, but why would a company initiative need a 1 hour presentation?

Is it possible they're being purposely deceitful just because they knew "a surprise walt disney company announcement" would get people pooping their pants? They don't have any plans to deliver but knew teasing something would get the rumor mill going and take the attention off Epic Universe?

I think people are leaning toward a resort at Lighthouse Point now, which isn't amazingly interesting either, but still cool.
https://touringplans.com/blog/2019/08/20/could-the-secret-disney-project-be-all-inclusive-resorts/

Disney hasn’t teased it all. The fandom has done that themselves. It’s being announced ahead of D23 and then talked about at the expo. It’s also on one of the smaller stages. If this was major why wouldn’t they put it on a big stage?

Disney hasn’t teased it all. The fandom has done that themselves. It’s being announced ahead of D23 and then talked about at the expo. It’s also on one of the smaller stages. If this was major why wouldn’t they put it on a big stage?

I thought Disney themselves had made an official statement about having a big announcement at D23. The fandom has been speculating about what it might be, but I was under the impression that Disney started that ball rolling.

That is what several podcasts have said, including the DIS ones.

Is it possible they're being purposely deceitful just because they knew "a surprise walt disney company announcement" would get people pooping their pants? They don't have any plans to deliver but knew teasing something would get the rumor mill going and take the attention off Epic Universe?

That would not surprise me. Overhype, under deliver seems to be their M.O. these days.

It is a shady thing to do though...

I thought Disney themselves had made an official statement about having a big announcement at D23. The fandom has been speculating about what it might be, but I was under the impression that Disney started that ball rolling.

That is what several podcasts have said, including the DIS ones.
No Disney has not said any official statements. I don't recall that being said on the Dis podcasts either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter