D23 EXPO THREAD - See you in 2019!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone received their post-Expo satisfaction survey? I checked and in 2015 we received it a day or two after the Expo's end.

I actually have quite a few good things to say in addition to the few criticisms. :)

I got a survey a couple days after the Expo. For me it was mostly good things, honestly. I feel as though (mostly, and besides the signings), the people with the complaints were the ones who were unprepared and did not know what to expect. You're not going to get around waiting in insanely long lines at a convention.

I did note that I was cold the whole time though.

@Miss SD I'm actually loving the plaid's deadpan but accurate answer. Ha!

I knew he was funny, but didn't realize how funny until the panel. He got points for the pants alone. :thumbsup2

Oh he is hilarious. If you're not familiar with him, you should be. He is funny, and down to earth, and just awesome. Watch Chuck too!

Agreed! I'm sure he didn't want Zachary to hear that question.

I almost wish he had heard it. He wold have been really funny about it, I'm sure. You should have seen how he handled all the people fangirling over Jeremy Jordan instead of him in the panel.

Oh he is hilarious. If you're not familiar with him, you should be. He is funny, and down to earth, and just awesome. Watch Chuck too!

I almost wish he had heard it. He wold have been really funny about it, I'm sure. You should have seen how he handled all the people fangirling over Jeremy Jordan instead of him in the panel.
He seemed to enjoy surprising people and chatting with them while getting his drink or whatever he was doing there.

I wish I'd have seen him with Jeremy Jordan. (I would have recognized Jeremy, lol.)

...I was in the lounge when Zachary Levi snuck in for a drink, we were cracking up because we had just came from the panel. Mandy Moore was being whisked somewhere else, they used the service corridor and that is his how he popped into the lounge. A few people went up to him, but it was super low key...
I just realized (from recent posts) that Zachary Levi played Chuck (watched every episode), and also did not recognize him introducing Alan Menken :headache:

I'm with @keahgirl8, Zachary would have enjoyed the identity question. His egging on Jeremy Jordan was hysterical. :rotfl:

I decided to not stay for Jeremy, I sat in the second row for a performance of Newsies and nothing tops getting pelted by a newspaper and getting spit on. Ha!

He seemed to enjoy surprising people and chatting with them while getting his drink or whatever he was doing there.

I wish I'd have seen him with Jeremy Jordan. (I would have recognized Jeremy, lol.)

He was acting so jealous. It was hilarious.

Look what I found, guys!

I just realized (from recent posts) that Zachary Levi played Chuck (watched every episode), and also did not recognize him introducing Alan Menken :headache:

Yes he did. Chuck is AWESOME if any of you haven't seen it. Can you tell I'm a fan?

I'm with @keahgirl8, Zachary would have enjoyed the identity question. His egging on Jeremy Jordan was hysterical. :rotfl:

I decided to not stay for Jeremy, I sat in the second row for a performance of Newsies and nothing tops getting pelted by a newspaper and getting spit on. Ha!

Right? I can just picture how he would have made it even more embarrassing, but he also would have been a great sport about it. He is just the best.

Not that I'm a fan or anything...lol

Seriously. I'm about as hot natured as they come and I was wearing a hoodie full time after the first day and still freezing. We took several breaks outside just to warm up.
At the John Stamos panel on Imagineering Legends on Sunday afternoon, he made a crack about the cold halls. I guess he was at the first Alan Menken show and said something about the room being so cold, they might be storing Walt there. We saw that performance too, and it was freezing in there.

I think they blasted the A/C because there were initially worries of it not being cold enough. Thursday when they were not running A/C computers kept going down and it was sweltering.

I think they blasted the A/C because there were initially worries of it not being cold enough. Thursday when they were not running A/C computers kept going down and it was sweltering.

Thursday was miserable, I'm glad I packed that itty-bitty fan in my Expo bag. I know it was impossible to keep the floor cool because of the doors being open...but that was really warm.

Did anyone on this thread receive the buttons I handed out at the meet? The once Nancy mentioned on the last podcast.

Thursday was miserable,...

Anyone remember 2015 when the a/c quit on the second level? The level with the family area and all the little kids sweltering in the play area? You could feel the heat rising as you went up the escalators, then lowering as you continued up to the third level. This went on for all three days, and I remember someone from D23 despairing about it. I would guess that no one wanted a repeat of that this year! At least when you're freezing you can put on a sweater...

Gutted to hear of the passing of Marty Sklar. In retrospect I'm even more happy that I made our last two panels at this year's D23 ones that Marty was involved in. Talk about people who will be missed. He was a giant in the Disney community, a classic gentleman and one of the last few direct links to Walt. RIP Marty. You did great work for a great company and you will be sorely missed by many, many people.

Gutted to hear of the passing of Marty Sklar. In retrospect I'm even more happy that I made our last two panels at this year's D23 ones that Marty was involved in. Talk about people who will be missed. He was a giant in the Disney community, a classic gentleman and one of the last few direct links to Walt. RIP Marty. You did great work for a great company and you will be sorely missed by many, many people.
So glad I ignored my hunger pangs and went to the Legends of Imagineering panel on Sunday afternoon. RIP, Marty.

Like many of you I have seen Marty Sklar at several past Expos. I remember thinking this time how he looked like he was not in good health. I was sad to read this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter