D23 Magazine - Facts

I'm a D23 member. Do I think others should be in love with D23...no. I'm a member because I love Disney magazines and thought it would be something cool on my coffee table. For me it was a magazine subscription with a couple neat perks. I can see why others don't like it, but I think I'll enjoy being a member.

Pretty much my logic, too. I seriously do not need any more "stuff", so the collectibles aren't interesting to me, and I can't say I intend to keep the certificate or go to a convention. But I like Disney magazines. And I knew I'd go out and buy them if I didn't join. (Also, I bought D23 on the same day I bought a few other items from Disney online. The cost of D23 put me over the needed amount on a discounted shipping deal, and the price difference there made the cost of joining pretty close to that of just buying the magazines at B&N.) I know I could probably read the info online at some point, and I love getting information online, but there are some publications I just like being able to hold in my hands.

I got my magazine in the mail today, and I have to say that I think it's really lovely. A pricey magazine to be sure, but I find the content interesting and the articles well written. I was pleasantly surprised, as I did wonder whether I would come to regret my purchase. Count me in for wanting a loyalty program and a Disney museum, but, as someone who just joined D23 for the magazine, I'm content with the purchase so far.

I have seen the D23 magazine in person at Barnes and Noble and I do not think it's worth $16.00. I don't care what kind of paper they used and I would not mind it if they had advertising in it. They could make the old Disney magazine for much less and I enjoyed it just as much, if not more.

Sadly... as D23 member I have to agree.. I like other unofficial Disney fan magazines more, I honestly haven't gotten around to really reading the D23 magazines yet. It might be worth it if you are in California to be able to get a chance to attend some of the cool stuff, but since I'm not, I'm kind of disappointed. It seems like something that might be worth it at the time, especially with all the promises of good things to come, but so far I don't think it's worth it and don't plan on renewing unless something better gets added to the membership.

I am not able to take advantage of the D23 perks - money, time, distance.

I would like to look at the D23 magazine. I do not have a close by Barnes and Noble.

Would anyone like to let me borrow their copies? I would be very neat with them. Would not spill any cake or pie. Would send them back promptly.

Please not again the whole story over and over.

Some people like the magazine (yeah for them).
Some people don't......

We all love each other and we eat peacefully cake and pie......

Some people don't......

I so agree with you!!!!!

OK...two things:

1) You can get the D23 magazine at your local Disney Store. At least here you can.

2) What is this Loyalty program everyone keeps talking about?? What exactly does this mean?

Thanks!!

OK...two things:

2) What is this Loyalty program everyone keeps talking about?? What exactly does this mean?

Thanks!!

There is no loyalty program with D23.

The loyalty program is something that the DIS Unplugged team wanted/expected/implied that D23 should have even before the announcement of D23. When the D23 club did not include it the DU team, mostly Pete, ripped the program from top to bottom many times over. Pretty much anyone who says anything about D23 never intending to have a loyalty program is looked down on.

D23 is about the entire Disney community, not just people who attend WDW or Disneyland often. Just look at the D23 Expo in a few weeks. The Expo line up of events, keynote talks and 3rd party vendors looks and sound amazing!!!! With all of the above and beyond things D23 has done and is doing, at some point I think some acknowledgment by the DU team is necessary. But I don't think that would happen, that would mean saying you were wrong to assume things.

I wish I could be there, but I will be WDW for my anniversary trip.

With all of the above and beyond things D23 has done and is doing, at some point I think some acknowledgment by the DU team is necessary. But I don't think that would happen, that would mean saying you were wrong to assume things.

I know this is a dead horse being beaten, but I'm pretty sure some of the team (Pete?) acknowledged that D23 was looking a much better bet after some of the things they were doing was announced :)

:goodvibes

OK...I get all of that...but what does a loyalty program mean??? That's what I wanted to know....thanks everyone!!

OK...I get all of that...but what does a loyalty program mean??? That's what I wanted to know....thanks everyone!!

As in people were hoping (before the announcement to what D23 would entail) that it would incorporate some kind of loyalty scheme (a la Starwpod points etc) for visitors to Disney parks :)

:goodvibes

As far as a loyalty program goes, I'd like one for this...

1348120571_822678ec2b.jpg

Some people don't......

I so agree with you!!!!!

There is no loyalty program with D23.

The loyalty program is something that the DIS Unplugged team wanted/expected/implied that D23 should have even before the announcement of D23. When the D23 club did not include it the DU team, mostly Pete, ripped the program from top to bottom many times over. Pretty much anyone who says anything about D23 never intending to have a loyalty program is looked down on.

D23 is about the entire Disney community, not just people who attend WDW or Disneyland often. Just look at the D23 Expo in a few weeks. The Expo line up of events, keynote talks and 3rd party vendors looks and sound amazing!!!! With all of the above and beyond things D23 has done and is doing, at some point I think some acknowledgment by the DU team is necessary. But I don't think that would happen, that would mean saying you were wrong to assume things.

I wish I could be there, but I will be WDW for my anniversary trip.
I have to say I agree with Yvette and Kathy on this one. I don't feel like rehashing the whole D23 conversation again and again. Some people like D23 and some people don't feel like the $75 is worth it. We're a big community and are not going to agree on every issue. I, for one, have gotten more interested in Disney history since I became a special correspondent for the show. Researching into the history of things has helped me with interviews and in writing blogs. That being said, I don't think I see the need for me personally to join D23 (again, this is just me). I can purchase the magazine at Barnes&Noble if I want it, and I am interested in the Haunted Mansion article, and I can get tickets to the D23 Expo if I want to (albeit it for $7 more). So at this point, I'm not interested in joining D23. Although, I know a number of people have joined, and are very satisfied with their decision. Great.

I thought you worked in a hotel? Don't they have a loyalty program? You were talking about staying offsite, because you get such a low rate. I thought it was because you worked for the hotel chain. A loyalty program is something that rewards people for being loyal to their company. Like Baker's Square. They are a restaurant that also sells PIE. So, they might give you a punch card and when you've purchased ten pies, you get a free one.

Make sense? That way you're going to want to go to Baker's Square to get your pies instead of somewhere else. And, they are rewarding you for being a loyal customer.

I'm all about the cake. But sometimes I like pie. Question...where does cheesecake REALLY belong? Is it a cake or a pie? I think it falls somewhere in between. It's like Switzerland. Guess I'll be cheesecake on this one.

Nikki - everytime I see that picture, I go into a chocolate coma. MMMMMMM....

Cheesecake is 100% a cousin of CAKE hence the CAKE in cheeseCAKE! ;)

Kathy - You and me both, girl!

Some people don't......

Are cupcakes ok this one time cause John made me a dozen last night after I commented that I havent had cake, pie or cookies and cupcakes in 4 months. I really need to make sure its okay to eat them ;

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter