D23 Magazine - Facts

I thought you worked in a hotel? Don't they have a loyalty program? You were talking about staying offsite, because you get such a low rate. I thought it was because you worked for the hotel chain. A loyalty program is something that rewards people for being loyal to their company. Like Baker's Square. They are a restaurant that also sells PIE. So, they might give you a punch card and when you've purchased ten pies, you get a free one.

Make sense? That way you're going to want to go to Baker's Square to get your pies instead of somewhere else. And, they are rewarding you for being a loyal customer.

Ahhhh...ok I get it now. Yes..I do work for a hotel, but we call it something different. I just didn't realize it was the same thing. Thank you for pointing that out for me. If someone would've said a rewards program or something like that...I wouldn't have had to ask that dumb ol' question!!!:rotfl::lmao:

Are cupcakes ok this one time cause John made me a dozen last night after I commented that I havent had cake, pie or cookies and cupcakes in 4 months. I really need to make sure its okay to eat them ;
cupcakes are definitely OK! Have one for me!! Yummmmyyyy!!!!!!

Everytime we get into this cake/pie/cheesecake discussion, everyone leaves out the AWESOME chocolate soufflé! Did I mention I had the recipe? ;)

Roy's%2012.JPG

A loyalty program is something that rewards people for being loyal to their company. Like Baker's Square. They are a restaurant that also sells PIE. So, they might give you a punch card and when you've purchased ten pies, you get a free one.

Make sense? That way you're going to want to go to Baker's Square to get your pies instead of somewhere else. And, they are rewarding you for being a loyal customer.
:rotfl2:you crack me up Nicole!

A cannoli has cheese. Where does that fit? :confused3 (Other than in my mouth.) :goodvibes

Please not again the whole story over and over.

Some people like the magazine (yeah for them).
Some people don't......

We all love each other and we eat peacefully cake and pie......

Well hopefully we'll be eating some cake and/or pie together real soon :goodvibes

I'm all about the cake. But sometimes I like pie. Question...where does cheesecake REALLY belong? Is it a cake or a pie? I think it falls somewhere in between. It's like Switzerland. Guess I'll be cheesecake on this one.

I was thinking Cheesecake is it's own food group. It's a great source of calcium so that would make it a cure for brittle bones.... I am thinking that consuming large amounts might benefit when I am old and falling apart.... oh wait... i am already there. :rotfl:

It's so true about cheesecake. It really is a cake AND A pie. It has a cake-like consistency and there's often fruit on it, like a pie. Now I want to skip lunch and go right to dessert.

Shout out to Kathy for bringing up the cake/pie issue on FB. The whole thing has just exploded all over the internet :-)

There is no loyalty program with D23.

The loyalty program is something that the DIS Unplugged team wanted/expected/implied that D23 should have even before the announcement of D23. When the D23 club did not include it the DU team, mostly Pete, ripped the program from top to bottom many times over. Pretty much anyone who says anything about D23 never intending to have a loyalty program is looked down on.

D23 is about the entire Disney community, not just people who attend WDW or Disneyland often. Just look at the D23 Expo in a few weeks. The Expo line up of events, keynote talks and 3rd party vendors looks and sound amazing!!!! With all of the above and beyond things D23 has done and is doing, at some point I think some acknowledgment by the DU team is necessary. But I don't think that would happen, that would mean saying you were wrong to assume things.

I wish I could be there, but I will be WDW for my anniversary trip.

I know that this is like the car wreck that I shouldn't look at....but I cant help myself. I've been laying face down for a week. Looking at anything is better than that.

How do you know what anyone intended D23 to be, other than conjecture?

Answer....you dont. You learned what it was the same time everyone else learned what it was. You decided after the announcement that it was right for you. Prior to the announcement, there was only speculation.

No one is looking down on anyone. We disagree....plain and simple. There is no value judgement. I dont think you are stupid for being a fan of D23. I just dont see it's value. If you do....HOORAY!!!!! BRAVO!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

If you equate disagreement with looking down on you....how do you deal with elections, religious beliefs, sports or even which movie to see on Saturday night?

Nothing the Dis Unplugged team does really qualifies as "necessary", so I'm not exactly sure why you feel our approval is important.. I'm quite unclear as to what our "seal of approval" will do for you or D23.

I think that if you listen to the shows where D23 was dicussed, you will hear that we stated our opinions, stated what we hoped the program would include and stated why we were disappointed.

Opinions, hopes and disappointments are not assumptions.

As I have stated on more occasions than I can count.....I am thrilled that you feel D23 is the right thing for you.

I know that this is like the car wreck that I shouldn't look at....but I cant help myself. I've been laying face down for a week. Looking at anything is better than that.

How do you know what anyone intended D23 to be, other than conjecture?

Answer....you dont. You learned what it was the same time everyone else learned what it was. You decided after the announcement that it was right for you. Prior to the announcement, there was only speculation.

No one is looking down on anyone. We disagree....plain and simple. There is no value judgement. I dont think you are stupid for being a fan of D23. I just dont see it's value. If you do....HOORAY!!!!! BRAVO!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

If you equate disagreement with looking down on you....how do you deal with elections, religious beliefs, sports or even which movie to see on Saturday night?

Nothing the Dis Unplugged team does really qualifies as "necessary", so I'm not exactly sure why you feel our approval is important.. I'm quite unclear as to what our "seal of approval" will do for you or D23.

I think that if you listen to the shows where D23 was dicussed, you will hear that we stated our opinions, stated what we hoped the program would include and stated why we were disappointed.

Opinions, hopes and disappointments are not assumptions.

As I have stated on more occasions than I can count.....I am thrilled that you feel D23 is the right thing for you.

So, Kevin, while you are reading your D23 magazine, do you eat cake or pie?

So, Kevin, while you are reading your D23 magazine, do you eat cake or pie?

I'm bi-partisan.

Yesterday, I had a craving for donuts, so we went to Dunkin Donuts.

I ordered two for John and two for me. I mean really....who eats "A" donut?

As it was hot and both varieties invariably included chocolate frosting...I asked for a box, so that they wouldnt stick together.

I was told that "the smallest box holds 6 donuts and we cant put 4 in the box."

Do I have to tell you what happened?

We went home with 6 donuts.

Needless to say...all 6 are gone.

Hearing this....do you think I could ever make a decion regarding the great "cake vs. pie" debate?

I'm bi-partisan.

Yesterday, I had a craving for donuts, so we went to Dunkin Donuts.

I ordered two for John and two for me. I mean really....who eats "A" donut?

As it was hot and both varieties invariably included chocolate frosting...I asked for a box, so that they wouldnt stick together.

I was told that "the smallest box holds 6 donuts and we cant put 4 in the box."

Do I have to tell you what happened?

We went home with 6 donuts.

Needless to say...all 6 are gone.

Hearing this....do you think I could ever make a decion regarding the great "cake vs. pie" debate?

AWESOME!!!!! That has happened to me sooo many times!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

My grandmother used to make this Oreo ice cream cake/pie thing and it was sooo good!!! I think she used to bak the pie like regular and then cut the bottom off...put it in a cookie crumb crust with Oreos and I believe..chocolate chip cookies mixed together. Then..she would slice the cake in three's spoon the ice cream and then freeze it for like 2 hours or something. Then right before she would serve it to me....she would drizzle HOT FUDGE ALL OVER IT!!!!:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Man...I could go for that now!!!!

Surely there is a loyalty program of sorts at Disney World. It's called an Annual Pass. As a normal multi day ticket holder I don't get access to special annual passholder rates for hotels, I don't get special access to new/refurb attractions, I don't get access to the Tables in Wonderland card when dining at WDW, I don't get money off Cirque du Soleil or miniature golf or AMC theatres, I don't get money off in certain shops in Downtown Disney, I certainly don't save anything when taking tours or if I decide to play a round of golf and there's the money off the Spa's in WDW as well as the boat rentals discounts.

Let's all get off our D23 soap boxes. If you don't think it's money well spent, don't join. Simple. But also don't use a medium where people don't have a fair chance to reply to rants and raves about something that you don't like when they do just because it's not what YOU guys wanted. It's just plain boring.

Surely there is a loyalty program of sorts at Disney World. It's called an Annual Pass. As a normal multi day ticket holder I don't get access to special annual passholder rates for hotels, I don't get special access to new/refurb attractions, I don't get access to the Tables in Wonderland card when dining at WDW, I don't get money off Cirque du Soleil or miniature golf or AMC theatres, I don't get money off in certain shops in Downtown Disney, I certainly don't save anything when taking tours or if I decide to play a round of golf and there's the money off the Spa's in WDW as well as the boat rentals discounts.

Let's all get off our D23 soap boxes. If you don't think it's money well spent, don't join. Simple. But also don't use a medium where people don't have a fair chance to reply to rants and raves about something that you don't like when they do just because it's not what YOU guys wanted. It's just plain boring.

I 100% agree!!! :thumbsup2

You usually dont have to pay for a "loyalty" program. It's the way a company shows appreciation for your continued business.

The person who visits Disney once or twice has the same opportunity to take advantage of the Annual Pass and it's perks as the person who visits 365 days out of every year. You certainly get more value with continued use....but it's not a loyalty program.

A medium where people dont have a chance to reply???? I'm pretty sure that's what has been provided to you, free of charge I might add, with this website.

As for being boring.....I dont listen or respond to things I find boring.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter