Dads in the Ladies' Room?

I could not imagine even giving this a second thought. I, personally, am just not interested in anything besides doing my business and the kids doing theirs when I use a public restroom.

ETA: if I see anyone looking through the cracks in the door there is going to be an issue. Gender neutral.

I don’t necessarily disagree, as I’ve said in previous posts.

Yet I still believe that if it says “women” (or some other female designation) on the door, that women and girls should have a reasonable expectation of privacy. The presence of a man should be a rare exception.

And more public places should provide facilities to accommodate these types of special circumstances (eg: father with young daughter, man with disabled wife, etc.)

Solved by making communal facilities all gender. Those who are uncomfortable with that arrangement can wait for the small room with a lock.

3622bae66ad438c67d010c00a69f7e12.jpg

It’s really just a societal hangup that there isn’t more like these. However, I don’t care for the “unwritten rule” argument that now men aren’t allowed to use the urinals if women are allowed in. That’s the main reason why men keep the lines moving faster.

No one freaks out when a mom takes a little boy in the woman’s restroom. It’s should be the same for dad’s.
You are relatively new here :goodvibes We haven't had a good 20 page thread about a mom bringing in her son to the restroom in some time. But believe me, they are much more heated than this one. :rotfl2:

Some poor mother will post a question similar to "Is it ok to bring my 7 year old son into the women's room while my husband is on a ride with our other son?"

Being tarred and feathered would seem mild compared to the lashing the mom would receive on the DIS.

I am a woman with short hair and because of radiation treatment I lost part of my hair on the top of my head so I wear a red Mickey Mouse baseball hat. I have never been a girly girl and dress tomboyish. Yesterday I was exiting the women’s restroom at my local target. A girl about 6 or 7 entering with her mom said as I passed there’s a boy in the restroom. It’s always amazes me how they never see my d sized breasts because I am wearing a hat or have short hair.

The dad just wants to help his little girl go to the bathroom. It’s easier to do this in the woman’s restroom where there more stalls. No one freaks out when a mom takes a little boy in the woman’s restroom. It’s should be the same for dad’s.
This situation is the same as a woman taking her son into the men’s room.

There were no other children in the op. The man went in a stall with his child. Besides if other little girls are in their stall, why would it bother them? They probably wouldn’t even know!

One man in a bathroom stall with his child vs a little girl having to go in a men’s room with a bunch of men who likely aren’t in a stall. Seems simple to me.

In that instance, yes. But we have gone beyond talking about that specific case.

In that instance, yes. But we have gone beyond talking about that specific case.

And my last comment stands. Still seems simple.

I honestly think a lot are over thinking this. Most little girls probably wouldn’t think twice about it. It’s another little girl with her parent to help her just as the dozens of other little girls and boys they have seen with their parents to help them.

Now, we know that moms take their sons into the ladies room all the time. Should that also stop due to a hypothetical little girls being uncomfortable? Because honestly if one is going to be bothered by it, it’s more likely to bother her that it’s a boy her age than someone’s dad.

Why do you assume that all of the females using the women's restroom are grown women? There are plenty of little girls & teen girls in there, too, some of whom could be disturbed by a man being present, especially if they are coping with period problems.

I was responding to a specific kind of poster.

ETA: if I see anyone looking through the cracks in the door there is going to be an issue. Gender neutral.

LOL. The only people I’ve ever noticed peeping through the crack are other moms like me who are peeping at their own “independent” child trying to figure out what the h*** they are still doing in there. So glad those days are behind me.

I like gender specific bathrooms. Urinals are gross and I don't want them in bathrooms I use. And as a modest woman I also like knowing that I can take care of business without any men around.

The solution here is to have more single use family bathrooms, not to get rid of gendered bathrooms.

I like gender specific bathrooms. Urinals are gross and I don't want them in bathrooms I use. And as a modest woman I also like knowing that I can take care of business without any men around.

The solution here is to have more single use family bathrooms, not to get rid of gendered bathrooms.

Gender neutral wouldn't have urinals. Men aren't the only ones who may like to look at naked women. Some men are not attracted to women, some women are attracted to women. So, you'd be okay with a lesbian in there with you, but not a gay man? That wouldn't make sense to me at all. And what is the business that can't be taken care of in a stall if a man is nearby?

It's hard for me to see how this is any kind of issue at all. But, I really just get in, do my business, wash hands, and get out. I don't spend time looking around at who else is in the restroom. I probably wouldn't have noticed, and if I did it probably wouldn't have registered as anything odd.

I think it's just fine if the restroom is needed by the different gender for care taking of others or really whatever else situation may require it.

Gender neutral wouldn't have urinals. Men aren't the only ones who may like to look at naked women. Some men are not attracted to women, some women are attracted to women. So, you'd be okay with a lesbian in there with you, but not a gay man? That wouldn't make sense to me at all. And what is the business that can't be taken care of in a stall if a man is nearby?
I said men. I don't care about lesbians as it isn't about sexual attraction or anyone peeping. It's just about having some modesty in relation to the opposite sex.

I have expressed my feelings on gender neutral bathrooms, which plenty of other women share. If some people choose not to respect my modesty or my feelings that is their decision, but I won't feel the need to keep explaining my feelings to the overly literal-minded.

Last edited:
Women use men's rooms all the time. Ever been to a concert at a major venue? The line to the women's room is usually an hour long. Many times, while pregnant, I have used the men's room. As have other women. As long as nobody is walking around naked, what's the big deal? Everyone is behind a stall. I have never been in a woman's room and found women walking around naked, half naked or doing anything that is too personal for a man to witness.

You obviously saw a reason for the man to be there. Maybe he did not want his young daughter to see men peeing in the open.

Women use men's rooms all the time. Ever been to a concert at a major venue? The line to the women's room is usually an hour long. Many times, while pregnant, I have used the men's room. As have other women. As long as nobody is walking around naked, what's the big deal? Everyone is behind a stall. I have never been in a woman's room and found women walking around naked, half naked or doing anything that is too personal for a man to witness.

You obviously saw a reason for the man to be there. Maybe he did not want his young daughter to see men peeing in the open.

If it’s no big deal for women to use the men’s it’s no big deal for a dad to take his daughter into the men’s either.

My daughters are 23 and 14. My husband took them jn the men’s room as needed as he should have. And shockingly, neither daughter was traumatized by the experience. :sad2:

After seeing both sexes poop and pee all over the street, nothing would bother me seeing a woman in a man's bathroom or vice versa. At least they are using a bathroom.

While those have their place, it’s an inefficient use of space. One or two should be fine, but more than than and it only makes lines worse during high demand.

After seeing both sexes poop and pee all over the street, nothing would bother me seeing a woman in a man's bathroom or vice versa. At least they are using a bathroom.

At least in Europe they’re using pop up urinals to try and reduce that problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter