DAS - adding people post COVID

Hoodie

<font color=purple>Going to BC and GF with one wee
OK, so we are usually DAS experts, even going last August. For the first time, we are traveling with another family. We will be getting the DAS for my son as normal, but how do we add the other family? I know in the past all members had to be present to be added, but I thought I read somewhere that they are now adding people if they are on your friends and family list in MDE to try to cut down the number of people in Guest Services?

We are doing different parks the first day when we will get the DAS and I'm just trying to figure out if we all need to go to Guest Services again the second day to add them.

I think it can go either way at this point. We had our entire party added when setting up DAS (without them using anyone's MB besides the DAS recipient, though we did all happen to be there--there was no one else in Guest Relations at the time--and we asked if they wanted our bands, but they said they'd already set us all up), while a friend had to have their party member go back with them to add them (around the same time period). I would ask after the set up on day 1 if you have to return to add the additional party members the next day.

If your party size is a total of 6 or less and everyone is linked as friends and family in MDE, then you shouldn't even need their magic band, in fact they should be able to be added even if they haven't been scanned into the park yet. What you won't be able to do is get a return time for anyone who hasn't entered the park yet.

If your party size is over 6 (including the DAS holder), then all will need to be present and it is at the discretion of guest services.

We will be at 6 people total, so I'm not concerned about that. It sounds like the others can be added via MDE when we set up his DAS the first day.

We will be at 6 people total, so I'm not concerned about that. It sounds like the others can be added via MDE when we set up his DAS the first day.

Yes, as long as they are linked before you go set up the DAS. Last time my partner went in with me, assuming he would need to scan his band (we're used to Disneyland where there is no MDE), but they just verified how many people the pass should cover and pulled his name from my MDE account - he wouldn't have needed to be there at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter