DAS for Rise of the Resistance?

You will be able to use the Fast Pass queue
I found that the majority of your time spent at ROTR is still waiting in line. It's like a 30-45 minute line then 15 or so minutes of actual attraction time.

Thanks.

I didn't realize they had a fastpass, even though we were told they were going to FP us in the next morning. I thought it was just a fake thing they were doing for people that got messed up the first day.

In that case, I can see where DAS would help.

Thanks.

I didn't realize they had a fastpass, even though we were told they were going to FP us in the next morning. I thought it was just a fake thing they were doing for people that got messed up the first day.

In that case, I can see where DAS would help.

There is a FP queue, it's not being used for FP+ at this time. It may in the future.

Can someone please explain to me how DAS would be different from just joining a boarding group? The only difference I can think of is that DAS doesn't expire and you could come back anytime after your boarding group loads. Other than that, I just don't get why/how DAS would be used for this ride.

Not trying to be snarky. Sometimes things come out wrong in writing. I am honestly confused about how DAS could benefit the user where RotR is concerned. TIA

Has it been shown that you can use DAS after the 2 hour boarding group time? I thought the DAS just got the group into the FP queue, which is not being used for FP at this time?

I found that the majority of your time spent at ROTR is still waiting in line. It's like a 30-45 minute line then 15 or so minutes of actual attraction time.

Are you talking about the actual attraction or the queue beforehand? Because to me, it sounds like a lot of the actual attraction is standing around (like multiple pre-shows) and then moving to another area, etc. That should be something a family with members who don't wait well should consider - how would standing in the back work, etc?

Are you talking about the actual attraction or the queue beforehand? Because to me, it sounds like a lot of the actual attraction is standing around (like multiple pre-shows) and then moving to another area, etc. That should be something a family with members who don't wait well should consider - how would standing in the back work, etc?
There is about 30-45 minutes of just going around the queue which has a few things to look at but it's like all the other ride lines. Then there is maybe like 10 minutes of standing around and watching the attractions before sitting in the moving part of the ride.

Can someone please explain to me how DAS would be different from just joining a boarding group? The only difference I can think of is that DAS doesn't expire and you could come back anytime after your boarding group loads. Other than that, I just don't get why/how DAS would be used for this ride.

Not trying to be snarky. Sometimes things come out wrong in writing. I am honestly confused about how DAS could benefit the user where RotR is concerned. TIA

Probably the biggest issue with the current system is having to get up super early and stand in the line to get in the gate in order to get a boarding pass, since all members of the boarding party have to scan in in order to make it into the boarding party.

If the system worked according to DAS general principles, for DAS holders only one person in the party would need to show up early, scan into the park and get a boarding pass. This would allow people with disabilities to stay back at the resort, for example, especially if the boarding group isn't until much later in the day.

This would be a sensible middle-ground solution, IMO.

Has it been shown that you can use DAS after the 2 hour boarding group time? I thought the DAS just got the group into the FP queue, which is not being used for FP at this time?

I have no clue. I couldn't even figure out how a DAS could be a benefit on this ride, that's why I asked. The "return anytime after" thing was all I could think of.

Probably the biggest issue with the current system is having to get up super early and stand in the line to get in the gate in order to get a boarding pass, since all members of the boarding party have to scan in in order to make it into the boarding party.

If the system worked according to DAS general principles, for DAS holders only one person in the party would need to show up early, scan into the park and get a boarding pass. This would allow people with disabilities to stay back at the resort, for example, especially if the boarding group isn't until much later in the day.

Yeah, I read that. I was just wondering how DAS COULD benefit under the current system.

I did get the answer, but thanks. I just didn't realize there was a genuine FP queue at this point.

Actually, I think it would be huge, massive advantage for DAS holders and very prone to abuse.

No more of an advantage or prone to abuse than the current DAS system.

To me, it is very different.

Currently, I can use my DAS to virtually wait in a line, but I’ve fulfilled the “rules” of joining the line because, even though someone can take my MB to be scanned, I have to be in the park (or else my MB cannot be used to get a return time). Under your plan, I’ve not fulfilled the ”rules” of joining of the boarding group - I’m happily at the hotel in bed.

I think not having to wake up at 4am/5am is a much bigger advantage than just waiting outside of a line. And is more than equal access. So, yes, much more of an advantage and, thus, more prone to abuse.

To me, it is very different.

Currently, I can use my DAS to virtually wait in a line, but I’ve fulfilled the “rules” of joining the line because, even though someone can take my MB to be scanned, I have to be in the park (or else my MB cannot be used to get a return time). Under your plan, I’ve not fulfilled the ”rules” of joining of the boarding group - I’m happily at the hotel in bed.

I think not having to wake up at 4am/5am is a much bigger advantage than just waiting outside of a line. And is more than equal access. So, yes, much more of an advantage and, thus, more prone to abuse.
I think Disney got tired of guests getting to the park earlier and earlier to grab a Boarding Group. They announced changed to the Boarding Group assignment process.
Previously, once you were inside the park, you could join a Boarding Group, even if the park was not open.
The new process does not allow guests to get a Boarding Group, even if they are in the park, until the park is officially open.

https://www.mynews13.com/fl/orlando...ual-line-procedure-for-rise-of-the-resistance

Why would that be just for people with certain DAS-applicable disabilities though? That's really a huge advantage to them, not having to actually be present in a park for a chance to ride a super popular attraction. Now, if everyone could do it, then sure, why not?

I understand that having the DAS holder not in the park yet would be a huge advantage, but I wonder if they couldn't have something set up that would still make this accessible... perhaps a guest service kiosk/cast member off to the side before the entrance for DAS holders that could scan your band to allow it to activate at park opening.

There is no way my son could manage standing in the crush of people lined up at rope drop but he could wake up early, sit 50 yards away on the ground and watch videos on his phone for an hour, then go up to a cast member just a bit away from the huge crowd.

They are now opening the Boarding Groups at the official opening time, so there's no longer any need to get there super early.

Example, if the parks opens at 7am, they are opening the gates at 6:30am and getting everyone inside. At this point you can find a place off to the side away from the crowd to wait. Park opens at 7am and you get your boarding group through the App.

Much better now for everyone involved and fair.

I understand that having the DAS holder not in the park yet would be a huge advantage, but I wonder if they couldn't have something set up that would still make this accessible... perhaps a guest service kiosk/cast member off to the side before the entrance for DAS holders that could scan your band to allow it to activate at park opening.

There is no way my son could manage standing in the crush of people lined up at rope drop but he could wake up early, sit 50 yards away on the ground and watch videos on his phone for an hour, then go up to a cast member just a bit away from the huge crowd.
As it is now they are opening the parks well before the park really opens I would hang back some form the big rush going in once in side find a quiet place ( most will go as fair in too get to there first ride as fast as they can) and when the park officially opens is when you can get your boarding group

They are now opening the Boarding Groups at the official opening time, so there's no longer any need to get there super early.

Example, if the parks opens at 7am, they are opening the gates at 6:30am and getting everyone inside. At this point you can find a place off to the side away from the crowd to wait. Park opens at 7am and you get your boarding group through the App.

Much better now for everyone involved and fair.

I know this isn't DAS related but calling getting to the gates at 6:30 not being super early is really amusing to me. On a normal day at home I'm awake until 2:00 AM and then wake up at 10:00. Due to being a paraplegic with various things that take much longer for me to do in the morning it often takes me 2 1/2 to 3 hours to get from bed to fully dressed and ready to go. Add in the bus transportation to the parks and you're asking me to get up at around 3:00 AM. Yea, that's not super early for a guy who normally doesn't get to bed until 2:00 AM. ROFL

He could do that - and just join you when you go through the turnstiles. You'd have to line up on one of the ends, but it's doable. No special outpost needed, you just have to stay on the edge of the crowd.

I know this isn't DAS related but calling getting to the gates at 6:30 not being super early is really amusing to me. On a normal day at home I'm awake until 2:00 AM and then wake up at 10:00. Due to being a paraplegic with various things that take much longer for me to do in the morning it often takes me 2 1/2 to 3 hours to get from bed to fully dressed and ready to go. Add in the bus transportation to the parks and you're asking me to get up at around 3:00 AM. Yea, that's not super early for a guy who normally doesn't get to bed until 2:00 AM. ROFL

Does staying up until 2:00AM have to do with being a paraplegic or just a lifestyle choice? Could you start going to bed earlier to reset your inner clock, or is there a medical issue that needs to be addressed, (if you don't mind sharing, that is. Not expecting you to answer if it's too personal.) But just to relate - people coming from overseas/other time zones have to adjust to Disney time too.

Does staying up until 2:00AM have to do with being a paraplegic or just a lifestyle choice? Could you start going to bed earlier to reset your inner clock, or is there a medical issue that needs to be addressed, (if you don't mind sharing, that is. Not expecting you to answer if it's too personal.) But just to relate - people coming from overseas/other time zones have to adjust to Disney time too.

No, I've just always been a night owl. I retired 5 years ago and now my clock has finally adjusted to what my body wants. Previously I'd try to go to bed at 11:00 and I would just toss and turn for hours. Now at 2:00 I fall right asleep.

But to get a normal 8 hours sleep and getting up at 3:00 AM I'd be going to bed at 7:00. A bit early for most people.

BTW, I'm not asking for special accommodation because I take longer to get ready in the morning. I was just explaining why the early giving away of Boarding Passes is no where near as nice as Fastpasses for me. I'll be going down in May and hopefully things will be easier to work around.

Last edited:
Why would that be just for people with certain DAS-applicable disabilities though? That's really a huge advantage to them, not having to actually be present in a park for a chance to ride a super popular attraction. Now, if everyone could do it, then sure, why not?

DAS in and of itself is a "huge advantage" if you really want to look at it that way.

But the point of DAS is to make rides more accessible for people who are put at a disadvantage because of a disability.

I understand that having the DAS holder not in the park yet would be a huge advantage

It wouldn't really be a "huge advantage," as compared to how the DAS system works. The DAS holder doesn't have to be present when getting a DAS return time. It's the same concept, only applicable to boarding groups.

Either way, the DAS system in and of itself is designed as a "huge advantage." That's kind of the point...to level the playing field for those with disabilities.

Though the DAS user doesn’t have to be at the ride to get a return time they do have to be tapped into the park. So the BG is exactly the same. Someone else can get them into a boarding group, but they do have to be in the park.

Right now everyone who is in the park at park opening has the same chance of getting a boarding group, regardless of when they got there. Those who waited at the gate at 4am have the same chance as those who breezed through the turnstiles a minute before official opening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter