DAS preregistration question

I talked to DAS on the phone and after doing all the things, clearing cookies, allowing pop ups, changing browsers, changing computers, turning on camera, etc-they say that the line is too full to open the chat box and I should just keep refreshing trying to connect. This is very frustrating that I can't even get it to connect to then wait. And since I'm not connected there is no way to know if I'm even doing it right.
It has been a little while. Just curious if you were ever able to get through?

View attachment 835764

You can only get to the MDE chat once the chat has started on the computer.
You can access at any time after you started clicking yes answering questions and accepting the terms on the computer
That’s weird… I don’t even have a real computer… I do everything on my iPad or phone… and I was able to pre-register…
No idea how I did it if you have to begin on a “computer”?

I do sometimes use Firefox or Chrome as my browser on my tablet— but I don’t specifically remember using anything except Safari to do the pre-registration.

When my screen looked like this it never ended up loading and I had to use a different browser

That was actually the advice I was going to give— try a different browser. And doing incognito or anonymous mode helps a lot of people having problems, also.

There are apparently a few magic combos of browsers, settings, and pixie dust floating thru the ether that make the whole chat thing work.

Last edited:
That’s weird… I don’t even have a real computer… I do everything on my iPad or phone… and I was able to pre-register…

I do use Firefox or Chrome as my browser most of the time on my tablet— maybe that’s why.

That was actually the advice I was going to give— try a different browser. And doing incognito or anonymous mode helps a lot of people having problems, also.

There are apparently a few magic combos of browsers, settings, and pixie dust floating thru the ether that make the whole chat thing work.
It has never allowed me to start with my iPhone. Never tried on DS’s iPad. That’s great that you were able to. Hoping one day you’ll be able to use the phone/tablet for the video portion as well.

I do use Firefox or Chrome as my browser most of the time on my tablet— maybe that’s why.

I always do it for WDW on my iPad using the Safari browser. One time, I had read a lot of posts saying Safari wouldn't work, so I downloaded both Firefox and Chrome. I couldn't get either to work and used Safari, which worked just fine.
I think what works depends on a combination of device and updates to the operating system, browser app and Disney's app.
It has never allowed me to start with my iPhone. Never tried on DS’s iPad. That’s great that you were able to. Hoping one day you’ll be able to use the phone/tablet for the video portion as well.
It works fine from start to finish for me on an iPad - that's how I've done it each time.
The Safari web browser app on an iPhone is pretty much the same as on an iPad, so if you start on the Disney website DAS page on your browser, I'm not sure why it wouldn't work the same as on the iPad

Last edited:
I always do it for WDW on my iPad using the Safari browser. One time, I had read a lot of posts saying Safari wouldn't work, so I downloaded both Firefox and Chrome. I couldn't get either to work and used Safari, which worked just fine.
I think what works depends on a combination of device and updates to the operating system, browser app and Disney's app.

It works fine from start to finish for me on an iPad - that's how I've done it each time.
The Safari web browser app on an iPhone is pretty much the same as on an iPad, so if you start on the Disney website DAS page on your browser, I'm not sure why it would work the same as on the iPad
Good… I’m not going crazy (well, not today anyway 🤣)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter