DAS registration wait time

Kforisha

Earning My Ears
Has anyone registered for a DAS pass recently? How long was your wait time? I’ve been on hold for about two hours and heard the times had gotten better, but it appears to be a long wait still. Just curious what other people gave experienced. Are there any lower wait times to try to log in?

I did about 2 weeks ago. I woke up a bit before 7am on a Saturday, got ready and hit the button right when it became available at 7am. I was speaking to somebody about 5 minutes later and she did all my ride reservations as well, when I asked her why I didn't have to text chat with a second person she said the queue wasn't too bad and she was able to take the time. I was done by 7:15.

I registered on Sunday and it took about a half an hour when I logged on. I didn’t even log on right at 7 am (a little past 7) and the cast member started text chat probably 20ish mins after I logged on.

It’s been very variable according to reports I’ve read and what the CM I spoke with said.
I did it for my daughter a few weeks ago at 1:18 pm Central Time on a Saturday. The video chat started within 5 minutes and the same CM who approved my daughter’s DAS started to book the DAS Advance Selections in the video. We had some technical issues with the video chat, so I completed it on text chat with another CM.

My educated guess is that the time will:
- increase soon as it comes up on 30 days before people will be going on Thanksgiving trips
- decrease for a few weeks during the time 30 days before the first 2 weeks of December (the first 2 weeks of December are traditionally a slower, less busy time)
- increase again coming up on 30 days before people will be making end of December and New Year holiday trips

So far this has been a disaster for us. DH tried registering last night. After two hours, he finally got someone who told him that he had to have his own MDE account. We found this confusing as his name IS on our MDE account. My name is first, but he is also listed on the account. He asked the CM to clarify what was needed as his name is on the account. The CM ended the call. Well, he created his own account and tried calling through that today. He waited almost 3 hours before someone answered. That CM told him that he couldn't use his new account to reserve his DAS as all of the reservations and park tickets, etc. are on the original account. When DH explained what he was told last night, that CM basically said we were given bad information and to try again on the original account. It is now 8:20pm. He has been waiting since 6:45pm

I tried Thursday at 5:30 pm Colorado time and did not make it on.
I then tired Friday at 5:30 and made it on 7ish.

We are apart of the thanksgiving travel rush.

Just did it this afternoon-

2:46PM EST, logged on
2:48PM received a message from CM saying she was with another guest and would be with me next; asked for DAS guest's name, first day in parks, and names of people in our travel party.
3:01PM she asked if DAS guest was with me
3:02PM asked me to "reaccept terms and conditions" (she sent a link, even though I had already reaccepted them just prior to chat).
3:04PM she asked if it was ok to have a video chat
3:06PM we were on the video chat,
3:16PM EST we were completely done (CM took care of our DAS advance selections on the call)

I had a lot of anxiety about this since we had only ever registered in person at Guest Services in the parks before - we are going next week and surprisingly only two of the DAS advance selections were fully booked (one of which was for Test Track which we wouldn't be going on anyway). We just assumed we wouldn't get Advance Selections for this trip so that was just a bonus.

Edited to add: exactly 30 days from today is Thanksgiving Day; presumably a lot of people aren't having their first park day/arriving exactly ON Thanksgiving (or if they are maybe they signed in first thing this morning) so I feel like we got really lucky with the online registration time today.

Renewed DAS for Disneyland a couple days ago. Logged on at 6:30pm. Was asked right away if I had accepted terms/conditions and was asked what date I wanted DAS to start. Then I waited till 8:02pm (they close at 8) and someone else came on and asked what I needed, I typed that I wanted to renew. A moment later he typed back that I was all set. That was it. No video at all. I was prepared for video. Then I got logged out and could not get back in because it was after 8pm. I was not sure if I was even registered or not. Since I was already within 2 days, I did not bother calling back. I just waited till the morning I was going and sure enough, the DAS was active. Not sure why I wasn't asked to use the video chat or even why I needed it. Maybe because they were closed and the CM just wanted to go home!

It has been a mixed bag for us but I am just glad the person needing DAS in our family can just stay at home in comfortable surroundings while I wait online rather than our entire party at Guest Services like we used to do.

logged in this morning at 7 AM and was first in line and was taken right away; unfortunately, there were glitches in the system, and it took over an hour to finish but i got everything we wanted;

We called about two weeks ago, Sunday morning about 9am cst. No waiting.

The whole call took about 20 minutes.

Are weekends better than weekdays? Our 30 days is Wednesday. We will likely try then but wondering if next weekend would be better for wait time.

It‘s pretty variable - the last time I registered my daughter was a Saturday afternoon about 1:15 central time.

One thing to remember - it’s 30 days from your first park visit day, not the first day of your resort reservation (unless you also have a park reservation for that day)

Normally I call at 7 AM Saturday or Sunday but my 30 day window opened midweek so I decided to get up early and give it a shot. Unfortunately, they were closed that day due to the hurricane and were only opening to calls at 12:30. I lost track of time and didn’t call till 12:45. I waited about 45 minutes… which midday I didn’t think was bad at all… especially since they had been closed all morning. Took another 20 minutes or so for prebooks but got what I wanted at reasonable times so I was happy… and relieved!

I just tried but the chat window keeps going to an error while I wait and asks me to log in again or go back. I refresh and it seems to put me back in the queue but I can't tell if it resets my place. Since our kids have to be there, how in the world are you guys doing this at 7 am? I just had to hang up after an hour and a half because my daughter had to leave. :(

I just tried but the chat window keeps going to an error while I wait and asks me to log in again or go back. I refresh and it seems to put me back in the queue but I can't tell if it resets my place. Since our kids have to be there, how in the world are you guys doing this at 7 am? I just had to hang up after an hour and a half because my daughter had to leave. :(
This happens… just log back in and it will save your place in the queue. I’ve even had it happen when I was midway through doing preselect ressies. Log back in and I’m where i was dropped.

This happens… just log back in and it will save your place in the queue. I’ve even had it happen when I was midway through doing preselect ressies. Log back in and I’m where i was dropped.
Yes - as Debbie Jean mentioned, that’s normal.
It kicks you off about every 1/2 hour. From what I understand, the website looks at your ‘waiting’ chat as an inactive window after a certain point and logs you out. It’s not an error.
If you get a window of instructions, follow what it says to do - usually tap the back button or log back in.
If it opens to a blank chat window, look for an ‘x’ in the right top corner to close that window. When it reopens, your chat should be as the same point as it was before

Tried on 11/13 at about 6:30 pm. Got kicked out when it closed at 10pm. Tried again today in the morning and had to wait about 7 hours before succeeding...

Well, THAT was stressful! I started crying. And in the end they said my daughter wasn't eligible (though she's always qualified in the past). I thought it would be easier doing it online, but waiting 2.5 hours and trying to corral my kids so they could have their picture and having my kids right there as I described their challenges in front of them. :sad2: I gave up, I couldn't handle describing it in anymore detail than I already was and I just wanted the blue fairy to come and make my kids disabilities go away. I'm just so exhausted advocating all the time. I know you guys get it. :( Anyway, my son still qualified and we're usually all together anyway, so we'll make it work.

There weren't any night time ride times available all 5 nights 12/11-12/16. Is that typical? I think there was one at 7:00 pm, but most were 5 pm or earlier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter