DAS Wait Time Dilemma

Moderator please close this thread. I will not tolerate being called an DAS abuser, by someone who doesn't even know me.

Thanks.

Estimated waits are exactly that..estimated so no you cannot expect a return time to be based off an Estimate. I have seen those little cards they hand out as you enter the line to time the wait to boarding. it's a n approximation at best. quite honestly your original scenario is a net gain of 5 minutes. not worth any sort of effort to get it revised.

Estimated waits are exactly that..estimated so no you cannot expect a return time to be based off an Estimate. I have seen those little cards they hand out as you enter the line to time the wait to boarding. it's a n approximation at best. quite honestly your original scenario is a net gain of 5 minutes. not worth any sort of effort to get it revised.
Also how do you know the 3 party apps are right too maybe they are off. I am sure I sometimes wait much longer then the standby but then I am sure I sometimes wait much shorter then the standby. For me it dose not matter as I can not be in the line for more then 15-20 minutes and 20 is sometimes pushing it. So if it means I wait longer sometimes to enjoy something then so be it.

The DAS time will not even reflect the posted wait time all the time. When they scan and assign the time, it's based on what is in the system at the time. We've had it both shorter and longer than the "posted" time. The DAS can be down to the minute as well. We've been give a return of 21 minutes for example.

Basically you get what you get.

The DAS time will not even reflect the posted wait time all the time. When they scan and assign the time, it's based on what is in the system at the time. We've had it both shorter and longer than the "posted" time. The DAS can be down to the minute as well. We've been give a return of 21 minutes for example.

Basically you get what you get.
I will have to look closer to my return times next time to see if I get any down to the minute return times like your 21 minute. But for me it dose not matter most of the time I return after ( normily between 15-30 minutes) my return time any ways.

Also how do you know the 3 party apps are right too maybe they are off. I am sure I sometimes wait much longer then the standby but then I am sure I sometimes wait much shorter then the standby. For me it dose not matter as I can not be in the line for more then 15-20 minutes and 20 is sometimes pushing it. So if it means I wait longer sometimes to enjoy something then so be it.

This! We have been going to WDW for 30 years. What we have learned is that the wait times are a rough estimate. Sometimes the waits can be shorter by as much as 15 minutes, and sometimes they are longer. You never know what is happening further on down the line that may speed up/hold up the ride loading. I believe Disney does the best that they can to be as accurate as possible. It is just like the bus wait times, sometimes they hit traffic or have to load extra ECVs and they get behind or they hit all the lights and get there early. I don't think I want to waste my vacation brain stressing about an extra 5-10 minutes here or there. I read some of these posts about people getting angry, stressed, or annoyed at the smallest things and I think to myself, "why would someone go someplace that is more stressful then relaxing?" OP, if I were you, I would not waste my brain power on this. Go and enjoy your time there.

This! We have been going to WDW for 30 years. What we have learned is that the wait times are a rough estimate. Sometimes the waits can be shorter by as much as 15 minutes, and sometimes they are longer. You never know what is happening further on down the line that may speed up/hold up the ride loading. I believe Disney does the best that they can to be as accurate as possible. It is just like the bus wait times, sometimes they hit traffic or have to load extra ECVs and they get behind or they hit all the lights and get there early. I don't think I want to waste my vacation brain stressing about an extra 5-10 minutes here or there. I read some of these posts about people getting angry, stressed, or annoyed at the smallest things and I think to myself, "why would someone go someplace that is more stressful then relaxing?" OP, if I were you, I would not waste my brain power on this. Go and enjoy your time there.
I was in the SDD line after waiting close to 3 hours for my DAS return time the people behind me said oh the wait was only 2 hours that was not as bad as was posted. So yes Disney was off by an hour did I care nope I got to ride. So yes you are right way wast your time worrying about something you can not change.

I was in the SDD line after waiting close to 3 hours for my DAS return time the people behind me said oh the wait was only 2 hours that was not as bad as was posted. So yes Disney was off by an hour did I care nope I got to ride. So yes you are right way wast your time worrying about something you can not change.

And it's REALLY important to point out that the expectation with DAS should NEVER be that it gets you faster access to the ride. The entire point of DAS is to accommodate those who have non-mobility related issues with standing in a queue, by allowing them to wait outside of the queue. It doesn't matter when your return time is because the TIME isn't what your accommodation is.

And it's REALLY important to point out that the expectation with DAS should NEVER be that it gets you faster access to the ride. The entire point of DAS is to accommodate those who have non-mobility related issues with standing in a queue, by allowing them to wait outside of the queue. It doesn't matter when your return time is because the TIME isn't what your accommodation is.
So agree with this! When I get a return time, I'm so thankful to have that accommodation from Disney that the idea of arguing for further accommodation to make the time shorter for me just never comes up. There are so many things to enjoy at Disney that it's not like we can't find fun, relaxing things to do while we wait!

Yes I was not complaining about the extra hour wait I had ( like I said I did not care) with out the DAS I would do very little at Disney I was just pointing out something I heard. Like I said most of the time I return after my time.

I may not be understanding, but sounds like these people did not have a DAS (hence they knew the actual wait time - not sure how they could have had they not waited through the line). If so, they got into the line at least an hour after you got your DAS (an hour if you returned right at your return time), so the wait time for the them and the wait time for someone who got in line when you got your DAS may actually have been three hours.

I know you weren't complaining, just saying it is almost impossible to know exactly how long one would have waited. I figure that they are doing the best that they can.

I may not be understanding, but sounds like these people did not have a DAS (hence they knew the actual wait time - not sure how they could have had they not waited through the line). If so, they got into the line at least an hour after you got your DAS (an hour if you returned right at your return time), so the wait time for the them and the wait time for someone who got in line when you got your DAS may actually have been three hours.

I know you weren't complaining, just saying it is almost impossible to know exactly how long one would have waited. I figure that they are doing the best that they can.
I got my return time and it was a 3 hour wait I then went back pretty close to my return time at the close to where you get on the guest behind me said oh this was much shorter then the posted wait we only waited two hours

Yes I know their can be a lot of variables but I had he’d a lot of guest saying the wait that day was not as bad as the posted wait. I do think for the most part Disney dose a good job at getting it close. And this was opening day so that might have had something to do with it

Last edited:
I got my return time and it was a 3 hour wait I then went back pretty close to my return time at the close to where you get on the guest behind me said oh this was much shorter then the posted wait we only waited two hours

Right, so they got in line an hour after you got your wait time. So, you don't actually know that your wait time was longer than it should have been.

Hold on, so if the posted wait time is 45 minutes, 10 minutes is almost always deducted anyway to give you your return time. So you would then get a return time 35 minutes in the future. So what are you worried about?

Then you go right back to the attraction and have them cancel and reissue your return time.
Yep, I don't think that is unreasonable, but I also wouldn't be hanging around the attraction to see if the wait time dropped, just if I happened to notice and was right there, I probably would say something.

That being said, overall, I think the system works. Are there tweaks that could be made? Yes, but I don't think this is one of them. Now if there is a descrepency between say it claiming a 3 hour wait and the wait really only being 30 minutes, I could see some issues, otherwise, it is 15 minutes and really, you can still be doing other things during that 15 minutes.

In all honesty, how many of us that need the DAS tend to show up the second their return time hits for every attraction? There are times where I will, but that is really the exception and not the rule for me and I would tend to bet for most of us, especially those of us that may need to attend to whatever need causes us to need the DAS in the first place. So, really the reality is that this is a moot point, as you can come back anytime after the return time.

One MIGHT be able to make the argument that this is an issue for wheelchair return times where issued since they only have a one hour window to return within as the time window restriction limits what they could be doing while waiting, but someone with a DAS still wouldn't be given that anyway.

Sorry this is a little off topic, but do they ever mind if you come back later than the return time?

Thank you

In our experience, no they do not mind. As long as it is the same day. Unlike FP+ there isn't a window, it is just anytime at or after the return time.

Last edited:
Sorry this is a little off topic, but do they ever mind if you come back later than the return time?

Thank you
No I have come back a few hours after my return time windo ( I went back to the resort to rest ) I have even left and not use the DAS and nothing happens (!well I could not use that DAS) then next day I just got another DAS

Thank you
With the DAS, no, the return time is anytime after the time given. You can come back even four or five hours later. Once the system didn't take off our return time for the day before (not sure why) and they let us use it, even though we were just asking for a new return time because it was the next day and that was what seemed fair to us.

If you do not have a DAS and have a wheelchair return time for the few attractions that do not have accessible queues, then there is only a one hour return window to come back within.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter