• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Date Night! Need your opinion

Which ADR should we choose?

• Total voters
I would consider what the vibe of date night is. Neither of those strike me as romantic date-nighty options but that's also because when I want a solid date night I like to go somewhere with exceptional service and, well, in-park restaurants are not always known for that! I will ditto what some above posters said about venturing out of Epcot to Boardwalk/Beach/Yacht/Swolphin for a more date-nighty option. Specifically, I'll throw my vote in for Amare at Swan Reserve. I went in March 2022 and it was a breath of fresh air compared to the WDW restaurants (e.g. food and service were exceptional).

If you're keen to stay in-park, I'd opt for Space because it's a neat experience, the food is relatively inventive, and the cocktails are delightful. I prefer the lounge reservations because you can split one pre fixe or opt out of that entirely.

If I could make a suggestion...if you need to stay within the Epcot area, take the quick walk over to the Boardwalk and hit up Flying Fish for dinner. It's always one of our special date night spots!

We loved LeCellier! I am surprised by all the negative comments. DH and I went this past August and loved our meal. We were celebrating our 25th Anniversary and it felt very romantic. Food was A+, service A+. We didn't think the tables were too close together. (We were seated in the middle part of the room.) The tables at BOATHOUSE are packed in and we loved it there, as well.
We have never been to Space 220, but the theme does not interest me.
Maybe take a look at the menus and let the food decide?

Space is was just OK. I wasn’t mad when I left but it was a total one and done for us.

Le Cellier, on the other hand, we really enjoy. Its the perfect date night spot.

I grabbed a last-minute ADR at Le Cellier once on a solo trip years ago. I was seated at a two-top between two other tables of couples. I felt like the 5th wheel on a double date. We were so close together that at one point the man on my right (who appeared to have taken a few "drinking around the world" tours) let his napkin flop over onto my lap. I had to surreptitiously toss it back over into his 12 inches of real estate. When he and his wife got up to leave, he almost sat in my cheddar cheese soup trying to get out from between the tables.

The food was good and it was a pretty place but it was a one and done for me. I did see some tables that afforded a bit more privacy and space, but unless you're lucky enough to get one of those, I don't think it's a good date night choice. It's not very romantic to practically get drunk off your neighbor's alcohol fumes.

Go to Space 220 for date night and bring the family to Le Cellier. You'll probably get a more private table with the one-year-old because the CMs are not going to want to put a highchair right up next to some poor unsuspecting stranger.

If you’re going to do a date night in EP then drink / eat around the world showcase and hit up the festival booths. However, I personally wouldn’t do a date night in a park. I’d pick something at Disney Springs or a resort. Or better yet eat your way around the monorail resorts or BW / YC / BC / Swan and Dolphin.

I voted for the one I dislike least among the two options, but I honestly wouldn't choose either of them. If you want a steakhouse, I'd go to Yachtsman at the Yacht Club (it's just a short walk from International Gateway). There's also Flying Fish and Trattoria al Forno on the Boardwalk (also super convenient), both of which I think fit the date-night vibe a little better. Oh and Topolino's Terrace at the Riviera, just a short Skyliner ride away.

I like Le Cellier. You know it's romantical.

Never been to Space 220. The concept doesn't interest me.

Fwiw our favorite date night restaurant is Flying Fish Cafe- just a short walk from Epcot on the boardwalk. But if I had to choose either Space 220 or Le Cellier I’d choose Le Cellier. Enjoy !!

I would vote for Le Cellier and also for Flying Fish. (Flying Fish was our best meal there this summer, you can also walk on the boardwalk afterwards)

I also would consider Flying Fish over the other two choices. Whichever you decide, have a great time!

Depends what the date is supposed to be. For me, there are many much better options.
Flying Fish, BlueZoo or Il Mulino at the Swan/Dolphin come to mind if you want to stay in that area.
Otherwise, Jiko (AKL) or Toppolinos (Riviera) are amazing.
If I had to pick between the 2, it would be Le Cellier.

I would do Flying Fish and then walk to Epcot afterwards for a drink, perusing World Showcase and fireworks.

So, like most of your replies I am going to chime in and say neither as well. Space 220 was not romantic at all. I would leave the park and go to one of the recommendations mentioned here.

Wow I’m overwhelmed by the responses, thank you everyone! We’ve actually never been to Flying Fish but I’m absolutely going to look into it!

Also as a side note I do agree with the cramped seating arrangement of Le Cellier and didn’t even really think about that. Thanks again ya’ll

Sounds like you're going to be in EPCOT that day. If so, why not walk down (through the International Gateway) to Ale & Compass at Yacht Club. Lovely atmosphere, very good food, great service. Space 220 is very nice, but not necessarily what might make a date night special. Le Cellier is over priced and cramped....and small...certainly no privacy. Just my 2 cents. Have a great night together!!

Another vote for Flying Fish. Had a PHENOMENAL meal there on our last visit. Service was excellent too. :thumbsup2

We have been to Space 220 (not impressed at all) and our visit in September to Le Cellier was disappointing.

Flying Fish and a stroll around World Showcase with another drink or some dessert sounds like the perfect date night to me for my wife and I. Also don't be fooled by it being a seafood or fish restaurant. The steaks are also top notch. The filet itself is second to only Shula's and when you combine it with the risotto and truffle sauce, it is the stuff dreams are made of.

Last edited:
Space was fun and less cramped than Le Cellier. Overall, we'd choose a different location for date night. Shula's is much better than both of those choices, and still walking distance if you want to go to Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter