Davids DVC: Rental reimbursement or rescheduling?

I am in this group, checking into BWV on July 5th and leaving the 12th. I have gotten nothing but a canned response from David's all day today. I am hoping they can work with me and owner to move the stay back. Even moving back one week would theoretically allow my wife and I to go to a park every day. I hope some kind of solution is worked out so I don't have to sit at the Boardwalk for 5 days with no Disney parks to go to. I am not very hopeful of this as of today though...

I can tell you not much left trying to move it back a week anyway..maybe SSR and OKW...but even though we’re going fast this afternoon.

I have a reservation at BRV June 21 check in via Dave's with a DDP for six people... Looks like Wilderness Lodge is opening the 22. Any idea how this will play out. I'm ok taking a voucher for 2021. Honestly would rather not go this year either :(

The entire reservation will be canceled since your check in date is on a closed day. I would assume that you will be eligible for the voucher

The extension isn’t that much for many members. And, to be honest, this broker has not seemed to be very willing to work with an owner and renter together,

Plus, for many extended points, there isn’t a lot left between now and November 30th to book.

Now, maybe with an almost month worth of resorts but no parks, he will change things around. IMO, I think many renters will be out of luck if the resort is open. For them, I hope my cynical nature toward this broker is wrong and he comes through

I'm not a renter or owner but I do feel for renters whoa re going to caught in the resort open/parks closed situation and so wish there was something that could be done for them but yeah they are most likely going to be SOL.

I'm not a renter or owner but I do feel for renters whoa re going to caught in the resort open/parks closed situation and so wish there was something that could be done for them but yeah they are most likely going to be SOL.

I do too because had he started out letting an owner and renter work it out if possible, he may be in a better position to handle this.

In a way, it was easier on him with resorts and parks closed, Now, many owners could take the approach resort open, so not changing and expect payment in full,

The bigger problem is that with every minute, rooms are going so even if an owner wants to help...there may be nothing that can work for the renter with new dates.

I do too because had he started out letting an owner and renter work it out if possible, he may be in a better position to handle this.

In a way, it was easier on him with resorts and parks closed, Now, many owners could take the approach resort open, so not changing and expect payment in full,

The bigger problem is that with every minute, rooms are going so even if an owner wants to help...there may be nothing that can work for the renter with new dates.

While I know why Disney basically has to get the DVC resorts open ASAP for legal reasons it really has put David's and renters in an even worse bind then they were before. I don't think a renter can win a chargeback if resort is open and David's isn't going to offer a voucher.

It makes a bad situation even worse.

I did hear back from them today after asking to shift my stay one day. They told me they could not make any modifications and brought up the voucher deal.

This is why I was trying to get ahold of him today, I know every minute is precious at this point. I really hope to see a response to my email by midday tomorrow. I wonder what availability looks like at Vero for the last two weeks in June?

Cash reservations look to be nonexistent or it could just be the system being under maintenance right now. 🤷

This is why I was trying to get ahold of him today, I know every minute is precious at this point. I really hope to see a response to my email by midday tomorrow. I wonder what availability looks like at Vero for the last two weeks in June?

Cash reservations look to be nonexistent or it could just be the system being under maintenance right now. 🤷

They have cut off all cash And ticket reservations until further notice as they said they will work with people who have them already to get schedules for parks when the new reservation opens up.

DVC site is even struggling with so many members trying to change We don’t allow specific posting of rooms but will just say, it’s certain slim pickings for all resorts right now.

I did hear back from them today after asking to shift my stay one day. They told me they could not make any modifications and brought up the voucher deal.
Yeah, I feel for you. In my situation I have a week at Vero in a One bedroom that is a decent amount of points and really would like to see when the owners points expire and get something booked ASAP under the original contract.

I don’t feel the restrictions in the new contract are fair. I just don’t see why the hesitation to help his customers? He would be out nothing moving my reservation by two weeks.

I wanted to add..for Renters,,,the extension of points is not automatic and some may not see them moved for a week or more,

Those who were told at the end of April that April and June points would be extended, were also told they would not have access until after June 5th. So they can’t even book with them yet and some can’t even be booked online, only by calling..,

It is very possible some of the newest points will take longer

With owners getting extra time now on their points you would think David's would want to try to work with them to reschedule the renters if the renters were interested especially if during the period when resorts and open and parks are closed. What are the chances?
Owners are not getting “extra time” on their points unless the reservation falls during the closure. If the resorts are open, even if the parks are not, the owners are not having the expiration dates moved back.

Owners are not getting “extra time” on their points unless the reservation falls during the closure. If the resorts are open, even if the parks are not, the owners are not having the expiration dates moved back.

Seems like it would be a really small group of people over all (those booked in that window before parks open with points soon expiring). I don't understand why they couldn't be accommodated. All I know is I'm never renting points via a third party again after this, even if I get a voucher and it works out...

AH I missed that detail. So sounds like 6/22-7/11 renters have almost no options.

Seems like it would be a really small group of people over all (those booked in that window before parks open with points soon expiring). I don't understand why they couldn't be accommodated. All I know is I'm never renting points via a third party again after this, even if I get a voucher and it works out...

Do you mean DVC allowing an owner the extension because the reservation is a rental?

Or, owners willing to change a renter using other points they have if the ones originally used are not extended?

AH I missed that detail. So sounds like 6/22-7/11 renters have almost no options.
It does seem like a no-win situation. While a number of DVC owners may be content to have a resort-only stay, I would bet that the majority of renters are heading there for a park-centric visit. But the rental agreements are pretty clear that it is for accommodations only. There is no guarantee that the pool will be open, the monorails will run or that the parks will be open. As long as the resort room is available to be occupied on the reservation date, I cannot see where a renter could even successfully argue a case for a chargeback.

ETA: I found the wording from the old “pre-COVID” rental agreement

David’s Vacation Club Rentals is not liable for any operations changes by the Disney Vacation Club with respect to where you have booked your travel. This would include but is not limited to operations of resort restaurants, pools, play grounds and other amenities controlled by the Resort.

The Walt Disney Company and the Disney Vacation Club are constantly improving their resorts and properties for the current and future enjoyment of all guests. Your trip or your resort amenities may or may not be impacted by construction at Disney resorts and properties. While Disney might offer you access to alternate amenities, David's Vacation Club Rentals assumes no responsibility for situations that are not under its control.

Last edited:
Do you mean DVC allowing an owner the extension because the reservation is a rental?

Or, owners willing to change a renter using other points they have if the ones originally used are not extended?

Disney actually accommodating them in any way... not necessarily on the owners.

Disney actually accommodating them in any way... not necessarily on the owners.

DVC can only do so much legally and to be honest, the extension of the 2018 points is a surprise as it could add a lot of extra points,

So, to offer owners extensions when resorts are open...we aren’t guaranteed parks as part of ownership...would create even more of an issue of excess points.

Disney the company, isn’t involved in DVC and has no obligation to owners to use their inventory to help either,

So, for renters who are stuck with reservations during park closure but resorts open, especially if it’s through a broker could end up pretty stuck,

With owners getting extra time now on their points you would think David's would want to try to work with them to reschedule the renters if the renters were interested especially if during the period when resorts and open and parks are closed. What are the chances?
The border is currently closed so I wouldn't be able to go. I asked my rental company if they would reach out to the owner and rebook my stay, and I would pay the remainder of the cost upfront (I still have 40% left to pay). But they refused to do it. I guess they are all taking a hard line there, but I don't really get it in my situation since I offered to pay the entire 100% upfront. I feel like in my case they aren't making the owner or renter happy. Not sure what their plan is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter