Davids DVC: Rental reimbursement or rescheduling?

I submitted online. The initial submission has a very limited character limit. So that was just the basic stuff.

I then followed up with a secure message and put in additional details and additional documentation. I believe they allow PDFs in the secure messages so I included the contract and voucher and screenshots of closure.

Can you send me your email that you sent? We have gone back and forth with Citi and it's frustrating!

[
I know I handled my disputes via phone with Chase and Citi - I did not have to submit any paperwork - I won all disputes - I also had some on airfare in addition to the rental

I have called twice and both representatives have said it’s a different department that settles the disputes that the only way is through fax or mail. They probably were handling disputes over the phone until they got extremely busy. I did get my Chase points back from my airfare by calling but that was at the end of March. I have seen recently that people are having trouble getting their airfare points/money back.

I submitted online. The initial submission has a very limited character limit. So that was just the basic stuff.

I then followed up with a secure message and put in additional details and additional documentation. I believe they allow PDFs in the secure messages so I included the contract and voucher and screenshots of closure.

Oh ok thanks! When I called after they denied my claim they said I could only fax or mail. Did they send you David’s response on your Chase messages? They sent me what David’s sent them. A detailed breakdown of my contract as to why they oppose a refund.

Oh ok thanks! When I called after they denied my claim they said I could only fax or mail. Did they send you David’s response on your Chase messages? They sent me what David’s sent them. A detailed breakdown of my contract as to why they oppose a refund.

I never saw any response from David. In fact I never heard from Chase after I initially submitted until it was approved/won which was a couple days ago.

Chase never said anything to me that they heard from David’s but again David stated they were too busy with FL to handle Hawaii

Thinking of you all. I cannot believe how much those reservations cost at David’s. Makes me even more thankful we own.

Another successful charge back to report. This is from a Canadian credit card, Rogers MC. It says the decision could be reversed if they get new info, but for now they've found in my favour.

Awesome! Thank you for sharing, a Canadian win gives me hope.

We won our chargeback through Chase. Filed over the phone and didn't have to send anything additional. Filed the last week of April. Have another claim through a different Chase card that is pending. That one I did have to send in paperwork since the first person I talked to denied it the same day. I appealed with paperwork and they have given me a temporary credit. I have confidence I will win that one too.

Got some questions on what I included

I included the original contract and highlighted the part about the actual refund amount if owner or agent didn’t have accommodations.

Also pointed out no force majeure clause

Also put new voucher terms and how they changed original contract and why they were unacceptable.

Can include this to anyone privately if you need assistance ! It was a long email.

Can you message me your response? Capitol one just asked me for more info. Thanks!

Just wondering....Sorry if this has already been addressed somewhere.

Now that some of the DVC Resorts have started re-opening and a few (all be it appears to be very few) people appear to be brave or crazy and checking in, Are the Owners that made the Guests's Reservations (for the current opened time period) receiving their 30% due to them on day of check-in, from David's? Simply put, has David's honored his contract with the Owner's or walked away from paying remaining balance on a valid issued contract?

I am not asking if David's honored his contracts during the closure period...that's been debated over and over! Further I am not asking what happens if they end up getting shuttered back down again due to increasing Covid cases.

We were planning to go in August, but with Covid running out of control in Florida and the required quarantine upon our return to NY, it looks like it might be smart to reschedule. Should we even bother reaching out to David’s, or just eat the cost? The sad thing is we had to cancel this same trip back in February due to a family emergency. I can’t believe we’re going to have to cancel again and lose all our money a second time. The loss of our trip, compounded by the financial loss, is such a major disappointment.

We were planning to go in August, but with Covid running out of control in Florida and the required quarantine upon our return to NY, it looks like it might be smart to reschedule. Should we even bother reaching out to David’s, or just eat the cost? The sad thing is we had to cancel this same trip back in February due to a family emergency. I can’t believe we’re going to have to cancel again and lose all our money a second time. The loss of our trip, compounded by the financial loss, is such a major disappointment.
It doesn’t hurt to reach out to see what they can do. If you don’t contact them, then you’re definitely out of the money. If you do contact them, you might still be out of the money but there’s a chance that they may work something out for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter