DC meal

DisneyCrazy

DIS Vet / DVC Member
Can anyone comment on the meal included with the DC packages?

Any/all information is greatly appreciated.

This was from August of 2001.

The grill had some wonderful entrees that you could choose from.
Beef/chicken fajitas, salmon with pineapple sauce, chicken breast with pesto, another type chicken dish, two or three main salads, like a large helping of Chicken Ceaser salad, and one with Chicken strips. Also large type polsa kiebasa type hot dogs/chicken nuggets for the kids/other appetites as well.

You could choose a appetizer, main course, desert and large beverage (that was what was included.)

The appetizer were side salads, red skinned potato salad, cole slaw (nice looking), fresh fruit platter and a few other things.

Many choices for desert, three layer chocalate cake, two kinds of parfaits, one with Jello, (like three different colors with tons of whipped cream in a tall parfait glass), one with pudding, carrot mango cake, cheesecake (chocalate chip, and fruit covered), cookies (large type bakery style ones), and some other things.

I got a side garden salad, chicken breast with the pesto (on top of noodles with pesto sauce), and carrot mango cake

My DH got the beef/chicken fajitas, side salad as well, and the carrot mango cake

My chicken breast was huge! DH had a hard time fininshing the fajitas.

Our drinks we chose were lemonade. (huge serving as well)

We went last Monday, and were impressed by the quality of the food. There were over 8 different vegetarian choices, and 6-8 meat choices. Our food was made to order, hot, and quick. The reply above is accurate about what is available. Beer available for additional charge.
Enjoy, it was the best day of our entire vacation.

I've heard nothing but great things so far. I'll be going with my friend and her DD (11). Her DD will be doing the dolphin swim (mom hasn't decided if she wants to also so I haven't made the reservation yet - hopefully this weekend).

With all the 'other' things we planned (US/IOA, SeaWorld, DC) I don't even know if we'll make it to Disney this trip, LOL! :p

Thanks to everyone for the comments!

Can anyone tell me whether there is a vegetarian option? My son and I are both vegetarians, and have DC reservations for August, I did them online so didn't have a chance to ask. Thanks.

Marie

So sorry, I just read more carefully and saw what I needed. I swear it just appeared, really!

MarieCW,

So when in August are you going? We'll be there 8/9 - 8/16. We haven't made reservations yet (hopefully we'll decide today, waiting to see if my friend wants to do the dolphin swim or just her daughter). Maybe we'll see you there! :D

Paul,

Our reservations are for August 10, maybe we *will* see you! I researched a bit, and found out both SeaWorld (where we'll spend a day with the DC ticket) and the Universal parks (where we'll spend some time also) are busy on Saturdays, so it seemed like a great DC day, no crowd worries!

Marie

Just to let you know that we went on Presidents Day, and DC was at capacity (ie booked- 1000 pp) and it didnt seem *packed*. It was like a day at a popular beach.
No lines for drinks, or bathrooms. It was a little harder to find an available beach chair, thats all. The only wait was at the end of the day at adventure photo ( to pick up pics from dolphin swim). If you have an early swim, get photos before 3:30, no wait.
Enjoy :)

Originally posted by MarieCW
Paul,

Our reservations are for August 10

Marie

We'll be at Universal on 8/9-8/11, Staying at Portofino Bay so we'll be using FOTL even if it is crowded. Right now we're looking at 8/12-8/14 for DC, sorry we'll miss ya ;)

Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter