DCA Food & Wine Festival 2024 Superthread - Read First Post for Updates - Now Updated with Full Menus

So many things I want to try..might try to sneak down opening day or day before as they are notortious for opening the booths a day early. At first I was about to be super angry..WHERE IS MY IMPOSSIBLE CHORIZO FUNDIDO ?!
OH WAIT...That's at Festival of Holidays..lol. That is literally crack to me and I despise impossible alternatives.

So many things I want to try..might try to sneak down opening day or day before as they are notortious for opening the booths a day early. At first I was about to be super angry..WHERE IS MY IMPOSSIBLE CHORIZO FUNDIDO ?!
OH WAIT...That's at Festival of Holidays..lol. That is literally crack to me and I despise impossible alternatives.

I love that stuff!!

Updating the first post now!

I'd also like to point out that this is the second year in a row that only one marketplace at the Food & WINE Festival is serving wine... 😒

I am disappointed in the offerings personally. I am a wine drinker, I don't drink beer and I don't really like hard alcohol. I wonder why they don't change it to the food and beer festival. On the other hand if my husband was coming with us he would be in heaven.

I am so sad about there not being the beer cheese soup they used to have. Definitely getting the Snickers macaron though, that thing is delicious!

Can you mobile order at the kiosks? We have never tried any of them before because it always looks so crowded. We are usually there during festival of holidays but have a trip planned next month. Thanks!
When are you guys going? We are going next month too. Maybe we will run into each other lol. I watch your YouTube channel :)

No mobile order at the kiosks. But, the best thing to do is find the booth with the shortest line and order all of your food for the day at that booth. Then just hang on to the receipt and head to the pickup line at the other booths to pickup your food throughout the day.
How does that work exactly? Do the CMs just check off the item on your receipt? I've only done Flower and Garden at WDW where I would ordered at each specific kiosk that had the dish.

How does that work exactly? Do the CMs just check off the item on your receipt? I've only done Flower and Garden at WDW where I would ordered at each specific kiosk that had the dish.
That's exactly how it works. They all have a marker/highlighter at the pickup station and they just cross off what you picked up and hand your receipt back to you.

Important things for anyone new to this to remember though are: 1) It's only good for THAT day. So only order what you know you'll be able to pick up on the day. 2) Occasionally, there is a system issue that prevents them from ordering from multiple booths, but it's not common. It happened to me at 2023 Lunar New Year but never before that or since. 3) Occasionally they run out of a food item, but you can get a refund on it if you pre-paid. It may just take some finagling for them to get a supervisor over to do it, so pack your patience.

We will be there those days too! Staying at the candy cane inn.
Awesome!!! We are trying Candlewood for the first time. Excited to check it out!!

I love Candy Cane! Last time we stayed my kids had eyes bigger than their stomachs and didn’t eat all the food we had delivered for breakfast. The croissant sandwiches were a fantastic snack in the parks. Lol. So yummy!

Have so much fun and please say hi if you see us!! ☺️

Thank you @Lisa24jks and @laugard!

Could anyone explain the sip and savor pass? Is it only worth it for certain items?

Usually the break even point (for Magic Key holders) is any dish ~$7 or over. But it ultimately depends on the price they list it at.

I usually get it and enjoy it. I really wish the Sip & Savor pass covered alcohol like it does in EPCOT, but I assume that is due to legal reasons.

I am also wondering this. Is there a discount on it with the Chase Disney Visa? What time do the booths open? I'm going for the first time next month.

I don't know anything about a Chase VISA discount (someone else here might), just a MK discount. However, the booths usually open around 10:30 am.

Chile Relleno Empanda, Chile Relleno Empanda, Chile Relleno Empanda, Chile Relleno Empanda!!!! 🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻🙌🏻

True story: a friend of mine took a personal day on the last day of the festival just to have this empanada again. It’s that good.

Is there a discount on it with the Chase Disney Visa?

I'm also curious about this! We were last at Food & Wine in 2022 and there was a discount for Disney Visa members. The lanyards were actually different, I got one for Disney Visa and one for MK (we had Magic Keys for a year). Now, we don't have Magic Keys so I'm curious. I looked at some blogs from last year and it looks like they did have a discount for Disney Visa. So fingers crossed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter