DCL August 2010 Planning Journal

It is costly for sure, but like you said this will be your chance for a pic in wedding attire. We go to disney fairly regularly and have lots of mickey and others pics( including at chef mickey) but we plan on having a character at our VR. :) Good luck with your planning.:goodvibes

:lmao: I'm cheap! I'd be tempted to book an early dinner at Chef Mickey's for my receiption!!

:lmao: I'm cheap! I'd be tempted to book an early dinner at Chef Mickey's for my receiption!!

there was an escape bride that did that! she had some wonderful pictures. When we were talking about an escape pkg. VR that was my thought too!:goodvibes

My thinking exactly...that is why we will be heading on over to POR for a carriage ride after dinner instead of spending thousands on a carriage for the ceremony. I don't care too much about being in wedding attire for the carraige ride since this is a vow renewal but I have always wanted to try the carriage ride and never have gotten a chance to!!! I would rather spend the extra money staying longer at Disney, you know? With the money we could save on Mickey and the carriage we can spend 2 weeks instead of 1 on holiday!!! Re-reading that kinda makes me sound cheap, huh???
:yay:

My thinking exactly...that is why we will be heading on over to POR for a carriage ride after dinner instead of spending thousands on a carriage for the ceremony. I would rather spend the extra money staying longer at Disney, you know? With the money we could save on Mickey and the carriage we can spend 2 weeks instead of 1 on holiday!!! Re-reading that kinda makes me sound cheap, huh???
no you are just selective how to spend your dollars.... your plans sound fine. The carriage ride at POR is suppose to be so romantic!:goodvibes

There have been some major changes since the last time I posted which is why I dissapeared for a while...but I am back and the VR is still on just delayed a bit and venue has changed a little!!!

We were thinking about cancelling the VR entirely due to the economy and not wanting to be wasteful but Valentines Day rolled around and DH surprised me with (I am getting goose bumps) a new ring and a "will you re-marry me?". I will try to upload a picture of the ring. I asked him where he got the ring and he said he had been saving it for a while because he needed to "make a few things up to me". Yeah this was a good gift. He then brought up the VR again and told me he had saved enough for a DCL wedding and had researched it online and then called the DFW hotline and thought it would be a lot of fun. I must say I was impressed with all of the initiative he took. So we have set a tenative date for August 2010. Things are really crazy for me at work right now and I can't afford to take any time off for at least a year. Sooooo...stay tuned as this new plan unfolds. I know there is over a year until the VR but I wanted to keep everyone posted on the changes. By the way, I haven't been on here for a while but everyone's pictures look amazing and congrats to everyone who is planning a wedding or VR or just came back from one...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter