DCL August 2010 Planning Journal

Dancermomof1

Mouseketeer
I hope that I am putting this in the right spot :) DH and I will be renewing our vows August of 2010 at on DCL. I will start by giving everyone a little bit of history. We were married in a very small church ceremomy a few years back. A lot of family and friends were not able to make it due to bad weather (snow storms).The absolute worst part is that my dad couldn't make it to walk me down the aisle nor the rest of my family or friends and so it was a bittersweet day. I still have friends who are a bit miffed at me all this time later! Even though it was small, it was an absolutely beautiful, spiritual, and magical wedding. In fact, we found out I was pregnant with our son shortly afterward. My husband and I took a belated honeymoon to WDW this past November 2007 and stayed at POR for our anniversary. We had such a magical experience. Everywhere we went we had amazing experiences. From the lagoon-front elegant dinner fireworks show with personalized menus and a "Happy Anniversary" Cake at Narcoosees to the scuba diver at Coral Reef who held up "Happy Anniversary" Signs underwater- to our infant son being granted a "dream" and being made honorary Prince for a day...to his first haircut on Main Street with baby Mickey Ears. We were even given a gift of toasting flutes following a magical breakfast at Cinderellas' castle. My husband and I were having our pictures taken at the GF and saw a newly married couple celebrating on the patio above us. DH turned to me and said, "Wouldn't it be great to renew our vows here!!!" He had this childish grin of excitement. It was at that moment sitting in front of the GF we made our first fairytale plans towards having a Disney Vow renewal. This will be a chance to let people who missed it or who want to re-live it with us share in our love story with the renewal of our wedding vows. So here is the beginning of our planning journal. We are both a little obsessed with Disney and so is our little boy Who has already been to both Disneyland and Disney World his first year of life. In fact one of his first words was "Mickey" What can I say! Some people collect things. We enjoy Disney.

Our Vow Renewal Date: August 2010
Photography: Magic Kingdom Photography package Upgrade
Accomodations: Caribbean Beach Resort

The Dress I am in love with and hope to find...
sw2806.jpg

The location...DCL

Bridesmaid dresses
2395164032_8985e74d00.jpg

Our cute little cake
cake.jpg

A special guest (for our son)??? Perhaps???
photo_mickey.jpg

More to come...We still have a little time (ha ha!!!) XOX:lovestruc

congrats Crissy! Make sure to put the date and the location in your title when you firm everything up. Welcome!

Where did you find that gorgeous Bridesmaid dress? I loooooove it!!!!!!!! Welcome, again, and I can't wait to read about all your plans!!!!!

Congratulations and Welcome Welcome!!!

Oh my goodness, those bridesmaids dresses are adorable, and your wedding dress (we hope) is so very pretty!

I can't wait to share with you on your road to VR!

(My DH had kinda a hush hush wedding because his ex was a little to interested in what was going on.)

We are planning a VR at WDW after our DD's wedding next April at DLR is paid for! :lmao:

Congrats!! I seriously need to check out the Disney Dresses again, because I love that Snow White Dress! And I didnt' even know they had Giselle out yet!! Congrats! I can't wait to hear more about it! Dh and I are renewing our Vows on DCL next December!! :thumbsup2

Jennifer

Yay!! I am excited for another PJ!! First, I LOVE your gown and I LOVE your bridesmaid dresses!!! they are so unique and gorgeous!!!! I can't wait to read more!!!!

:yay: :yay: :yay:

Thanks everyone!!! We are so excited. Today I asked my best friend (who couldn't make our original wedding) to be my Maid of honor and she said yes!!! Hooray!!!---Then she added, "You guys sure do like Disney a lot"

Everything sounds beautiful! Love the dress! How much fun you will have! Looking forward to hearing more of your plans!

My 2yo is already "dizzy" obsessed-my fault! Last week we ate at a character meal-Goofy was in his bathing suit and DS noticed he didnt have his hat on! It was funny--he looked so confused "Goof, hat?"

Enjoy your planning!

Everything sounds beautiful! Love the dress! How much fun you will have! Looking forward to hearing more of your plans!

My 2yo is already "dizzy" obsessed-my fault! Last week we ate at a character meal-Goofy was in his bathing suit and DS noticed he didnt have his hat on! It was funny--he looked so confused "Goof, hat?"

Enjoy your planning!

Ha ha!!! That is so funny about Goofy! One of my son's first words was "Mickey"...well "Icky" but it makes me laugh. Perhaps one day (now this is wishful thinking) he will grow up to work for Disney or something:laughing:

Well, due to the fact that we moved our vow renewal up we have decided to have the ceremony at Sea Breeze Point which I am really excited about. I got an e-mail from Randy Chapman today and it looks like he will be able to do our photography:cool1: so that is really a load off my mind. Everyone's pictures on disboards by him are amazing. I decided to go with Ana from Beaute Speciale for makeup and hair. I really like her portfolio and want to give the airbrushed make-up a try. We have also decided to have an intimate reception under the Wishes fireworks aboard The Grand 1 following a carriage ride and dinner at POR (which is the first resort we ever stayed at and we love :lovestruc it so much we have never stayed at another resort) We decided to stay at Caribbean Beach resort. After looking at the pictures and reading the reviews we figured let's do the Caribbean Disney style :thumbsup2 I wanted to stay at AKL but DH wanted to stay at Caribbean Beach soooo Caribbean Beach Resort it is (all the resorts have Disney magic!!!)... I have also decided to go ahead and do the MK photo shoot. Thanks to all the disbrides and their beautiful pictures. You helped convince my DH we "definitely need to do that". We decided against Cinderella's coach and I am still trying to figure out:confused: if having Mickey Mouse at the reception is even worth it??? Anyone's input in this matter would be greatly appreciatedprincess: Well, that is all of the planning I have gotten around to lately but more to come soon.

Sounds great!! Don't know about mickey at the cake cutting. It seems like a really great option, adding that special Disney touch you can only get there. BUT....it also seems like Mickey is only there for 20 minutes, and it's pretty expensive for such a short amount of time. I don't know what i'd do.

You get Mickey for 30 minutes. It is a lot of money but believe me, the photo ops are priceless. I just love the pictures I got, especially with the little ones. We had time to have Mickey and Minnie take pictures with every single person at our gathering and do the cake cutting etc. :lovestruc

Thanks for your advice girls!!! This is such a toss up! Mickey Mouse pictures would be awesome but I am finding $800 for 30 minutes a bit hard to swallow...and at the same time we could also get some great shots at a character breakfast like Chef Mickeys:confused3 although not in wedding attire! Oh what to do!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter