DCL coming to LA for summer 2008?

GoofyontheHiSeas

Do you know the Nutmeg Man.. The king of whats le
I have been following with great interest in anticipation of the 2008 itinerary announcement. Well I could not believe that some kind of news has not been discovered as to the 2008 itineraries. So being the internet person that I am, I went in search of an answer. After hours of searches I came across this which answers all of our questions. According to the linked permit from the Port of Los Angeles, DCL (otherwise known as Magical Cruise Company) has been granted a permit for conducting business out of the Port of Los Angeles from May 1, 2008 through September 15, 2008 for the purpose of family cruises to Mexico.

http://www.portoflosangeles.org/Board/2007/January/010407_item12.pdf

Yaa Hoooo!! No airfare required next summer :banana:

Roger

well, now we know!! :banana: Hey, we are in Simi Valley, not far from T.O.! We are booked for April 26, 2008 on the Magic, and won't rebook because I want to do caribbean. Mexico has no interest to us!

btw...congrats on the find!! You'll make a lot of people happy!:dance3:

I am glad it will make many happy. Not me that is for sure, but we are NOW into other lines ..THankfully.

Roger-

YOU ROCK! we only have to figure out where the Magic is going from LA. "disneynut" has said that Asia seems to be a done deal. I hope not.

We just came back fro 5 days WDW and 10 day Disney cruise and was waiting for summer of 2008 to come out...dont know how you found that but Kudos to you!!!

We live in SanDiego and did the Panama Canal cruise(sure they will add that on for there way out and back as last time) heading West and it was awesome.

We were hoping that it would be here so we could save some $$$ on airfare and use our DVC points for the trip.

will do 2009 in the Caribbian and WDW again so will be nice to just go to Disneyland for about 4-5 days and that do 7 day cruise....and instead of flying home we will take a Limo

Well I'm happy!!!1:dance3:

Roger-

YOU ROCK! we only have to figure out where the Magic is going from LA. "disneynut" has said that Asia seems to be a done deal. I hope not.

Mexico has been debated as a way to introduce the permanent itinerary of the new ship. I was told by my friend (who has a VP title at Disney) that at least one of the ships was going to Asia. I will be the first to admit that he may be wrong...this is strong evidence that at least one of the ships is going to Mexico.

Good detective work...Did they actually approve the permit?

This doesn't surprise me! One half of my guess was "west coast" cruises! :thumbsup2 (The other half of my guess was Bermuda, and who knows, maybe the Wonder will add that port. lol)

Mexico has been debated as a way to introduce the permanent itinerary of the new ship. I was told by my friend (who has a VP title at Disney) that at least one of the ships was going to Asia. I will be the first to admit that he may be wrong...this is strong evidence that at least one of the ships is going to Mexico.

Good detective work...Did they actually approve the permit?

If you scroll to the bottom of I believe it is page 3 it shows that it was "Approved and Signed".....

Good find! Did anyone notice it will be a 1,754 passenger vessel? Hmmm.

Woody

It DOES say "For weeklong cruises to Mexico".

Can't say as I'm 100% thrilled to be doing the Mexican Riviera again (we did it with Disney last time) but I'm TOTALLY thrilled to have one of DCL's ships this close to home!! :banana: I'll go anywhere they go!!

According to Fodor's both the Magic and Wonder are 1,754 passenger capacity ships.

Good find! Did anyone notice it will be a 1,754 passenger vessel? Hmmm.

Woody

Well according to DCL's web site, the ships have a crew of about 945 people...so... maybe they do indeed mean "1754 passengers", not total number of people onboard.

I was thinking that 1754 number is based on double occupancy. That was my first reaction.

Couldn't the said document just be Disney keeping the options open for the summer of 2008?,Gaining such permits and submitting future operations plans could/may take months if not years so the document maybe Disney just being prudent and nothing more than that...:)

Couldn't the said document just be Disney keeping the options open for the summer of 2008?,Gaining such permits and submitting future operations plans could/may take months if not years so the document maybe Disney just being prudent and nothing more than that...:)

Possible but it is dated for the Berths to be used from May 1,2008 -September 15th 2008... not for years to come...This is a very good sign but nothing is for sure until the official announcement...and sure wish that they would hurry up about it..

Also it was just recently signed and approved. Whether the approval signiture was an approval to yes you can use the 2 Berths or an approval to have it approved I don't know.

My guess is that this is where they will be..:cool1:

Interesting............very interesting!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter