DCL Confessions

Is it a secret organization? :grouphug: As for trying to sneak irons on the ship, I get caught everytime. I still cant stop laughing at the thought of you throwing the iron into the ocean...:rotfl2:

I've spent days reading this thread and have enjoyed every minute.
It's been nearly 2years since our last cruise and we just booked for feb 2015, so it's time to confess...
On our last trip, when I arrived home and started unpacking I realized we came home with the stateroom book that has all the ship info and room service menus. I certainly thought we'd be charged for it (we weren't ) and was so horrified I've never told my husband

My confession is that I just wish we could leave my husband home and just have DS and I go. I know that sounds mean, sorry.
DH is such a party pooper. He doesn't want to do activities, because they don't interest him. I even told him he can go in the sports bar during the day and watch the games on the big screen, but no. He did have fun playing putt-putt with us on the Fantasy. No on the adult clubs for him too. He's a picky eater, so he's not too hot on the dinners. I try to tell him he can get plain meats, potatoes and salads and can even order off the kids menu. He did like the shows. He spends most of his time in the room. He also doesn't like the beach that much so there is no attraction for CC.
Plus, he gets seasick, I think. He doesn't throw up or get sick to his stomach. He just complains that he feels the ship moving and that bothers him and makes him feel unsettled.
You know, I love him, but I spend so much time trying to please him, make sure he is ok and enjoying himself on the cruise. I probably should just relax and let him watch tv and nap.

You know, I love him, but I spend so much time trying to please him, make sure he is ok and enjoying himself on the cruise. I probably should just relax and let him watch tv and nap.

I worry about this. We leave in 1 week and I'm afraid it might be like this for me too.

When we arrived back home and unpacked the dirty laundry, a DCL hand towel mysteriously fell out with all the clothes.

I've been so racked with guilt knowing they are missing that hand towel, I've book another cruise to return it. Now all I need to remember to do is pack it when we leave ;)

I take home the towel animals --and actually use the towels at home.
:worship:

My confession is that I just wish we could leave my husband home and just have DS and I go. I know that sounds mean, sorry.
DH is such a party pooper. He doesn't want to do activities, because they don't interest him. I even told him he can go in the sports bar during the day and watch the games on the big screen, but no. He did have fun playing putt-putt with us on the Fantasy. No on the adult clubs for him too. He's a picky eater, so he's not too hot on the dinners. I try to tell him he can get plain meats, potatoes and salads and can even order off the kids menu. He did like the shows. He spends most of his time in the room. He also doesn't like the beach that much so there is no attraction for CC.
Plus, he gets seasick, I think. He doesn't throw up or get sick to his stomach. He just complains that he feels the ship moving and that bothers him and makes him feel unsettled.

Are we married to the same guy? He gets mad if I plan, but then upset if nothing is planned. He does like the cruises, but not the same activities We did not get to see any shows on our Dream cruise. He was good about Pirate night and the mid-ship detective.

As far as food my DH is just like yours. After whining about the menu the first night I just told him to let me order for him. I asked our server for a sirloin well done and a baked potato the first night for him. When it came out just as I asked he was happy and it made for easier times in the MDR knowing he could get his "meat and potatoes" if he didn't like any choices on the menu

My confession is that I just wish we could leave my husband home and just have DS and I go. I know that sounds mean, sorry. DH is such a party pooper. He doesn't want to do activities, because they don't interest him. I even told him he can go in the sports bar during the day and watch the games on the big screen, but no. He did have fun playing putt-putt with us on the Fantasy. No on the adult clubs for him too. He's a picky eater, so he's not too hot on the dinners. I try to tell him he can get plain meats, potatoes and salads and can even order off the kids menu. He did like the shows. He spends most of his time in the room. He also doesn't like the beach that much so there is no attraction for CC. Plus, he gets seasick, I think. He doesn't throw up or get sick to his stomach. He just complains that he feels the ship moving and that bothers him and makes him feel unsettled. You know, I love him, but I spend so much time trying to please him, make sure he is ok and enjoying himself on the cruise. I probably should just relax and let him watch tv and nap.

Sounds like my DH too! We had a good time on the Alaskan cruise, but it was because we left the kids at home. Our last cruise with the whole family, he pretty much just kept to himself except for at dinner. Had a blast with my girls though!

I found it was easier just to do what I wanted to do on my own, or with the girls, and if he was in the mood, he would occasionally join us. I did book a mother/daughter cruise for this summer and told him he couldn't come. :)

My confession is that I just wish we could leave my husband home and just have DS and I go. I know that sounds mean, sorry. DH is such a party pooper. He doesn't want to do activities, because they don't interest him. I even told him he can go in the sports bar during the day and watch the games on the big screen, but no. He did have fun playing putt-putt with us on the Fantasy. No on the adult clubs for him too. He's a picky eater, so he's not too hot on the dinners. I try to tell him he can get plain meats, potatoes and salads and can even order off the kids menu. He did like the shows. He spends most of his time in the room. He also doesn't like the beach that much so there is no attraction for CC. Plus, he gets seasick, I think. He doesn't throw up or get sick to his stomach. He just complains that he feels the ship moving and that bothers him and makes him feel unsettled. You know, I love him, but I spend so much time trying to please him, make sure he is ok and enjoying himself on the cruise. I probably should just relax and let him watch tv and nap.

Me, too! My husband spent the entire cruise acting as if he was alone on the trip. It was no fun, definitely. I had a blast with my DS though!

Another confession: I fear the family pools. That many kids in one small bucket of water can't be all that healthy. It looks like kid soup with a big helping of yuck to me. :crazy2:

I will never confess. All h e double hockey sticks would break out. I'm taking it to my grave.

Okay, twist my arm. I don't smoke but it didn't stop me from asking the bartenders for those adorable cute little match boxes with the DCL logo on it. They are so cute!

And I love taking those adorable cute glass paper topper thingys. (The ones that cover the glasses in the bathroom.) I put them over my wine glasses up in the cupboard. I obviously have a hard time throwing away anything that has a DCL logo on it. Shameful.

I asked every server, bartender, whoever, "can I keep this pen?" I LOVE my DCL pens! :flower3: (Pen hoarder right here!)

I brought an iron and it caught on fire and I just threw it overboard.

Just kidding. :lmao: Just seeing if anyone was reading this. No one at home ever listens to me...so, I just thought I'd check here. :rotfl: :p :joker:

LOL, I just let out a very loud laugh at work reading about your "iron"!!

On the 2010 EBTA cruise we were playing a game in on of the bars where we were in a big team and the host said send me someone from your team who has a belly button piercing. Our team captain was very serious about this game so I kept my mouth shut and didn't say I had one, but my aunt ratted me out and our captain sent me up....I was in a dress :scared1: (which is why I hadn't volunteered) and once I was up there I stood there for a few seconds and then just pulled the dress up to my head long enough to show off the piercing and then threw it back down. :rolleyes1

It started a chain reaction of other teams sending girls in dresses up as well but we got the point :rotfl2:

Love this thread so we've had a fire, theft, drink and a confession of murder :eek:

well we might as well go the whole hog and add seduction to the list ;)

so ok i here goes ......

i confess

pre cruise i really fancied a suite ~ dh didn't and no matter how many sweet nothings i whispered about free pre dinner cocktails he just wasn't taking the bait, i whispered lovely things like suite darling, jaccuzi tub pre dinner drinkies and he replied something along the lines of double dip recession and the car needs servicing :crazy2:

so i resorted to underhand tactics

i cooked that special man of mine a gorgeous steak dinner, topped up his beer like a good wife does and changed from my usual jeans and tees into the shortest sexiest dress i own and with some killer heels what can i say the man was putty :lmao:

and i wasnt even there.
also you cant go telling stories like that without pictures.

We tell our cabin attendant not to bother with the towel animals.

Robin"D";48576164 said:
:surfweb: On the 1st morning we get room service/ ask for two coffee containers... Then the rest of the cruise I go and fill them up myself every morning/ grap some creamer & suger.....:coffee: aaahhhhhh!

Brilliant! Housekeeping doesn't remove it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter