DCL Has Their Protocol Out!!!

Does anyone know how long the once per day Oceaneer Club reservations are for on the current Magic sailings in the UK? Or if that option is available for anyone with online check-in for the first Dream sailings?

This is the information for the UK Magic cruises

Reserved Youth Activities
To help manage capacity, parents must register their children for Disney’s Oceaneer Club and Disney’s Oceaneer Lab during the Online Check-In process and then, prior to setting sail, reserve specific session times online or via the Disney Cruise Navigator app. Guests can book one session per day on a first-come, first-served basis: a 1.5 hour-long session on Embarkation Day; and a 2.5 hour-long session during days at sea. Children will receive their youth activities wristband at the cruise terminal, which grants them access to both Disney’s Oceaneer Lab and Disney’s Oceaneer Club.
Pending availability, Guests can also register their children and book session times on board the ship using the Disney Cruise Line Navigator app.

Well Im glad I have no cruise plan till the Wish next August, I would think by then it will be normal and if not will be cancelling that as well. There is not a chance I would pay all that money to cruise right now, so many other places to explore.
Same. We are not sailing til Aug 2022 as well and on Europe cruises. I think by then our experiences will be much closer to 'normal.' We have all inclusive, Aulani and Disneyland booked in the next year, and as much as I love cruising I'm happy to sit out for another year to have other vacation experiences that are not quite as restrictive.

Disney isn't going to change their Covid-related procedures due to guest complaints, so this is still a waste of time. They already know that many guests don't want to wear masks, and that many guests want vaccinations to be required. They weren't thinking that parents of young kids would see no nursery availability & limited kids' club availability as a bonus, etc.

Didn't say they were going to change policy based on complaints. I said that, if notes are being entered into CRM, your voice would be heard - if only in the aggregate as a review of the policy's implemnentation ("Most cancelling customers indicated that it was the mask mandate that motivated them to cancel....).

Sometimes, just having your complaint acknowledged and knowing that it's going to be heard is enough to make you feel better.

I don't think they mind the cancellations one bit, because, honestly, when that video said "we have reduced Guest Capacity," I am betting that that reduction comes (at least, in part) today, because DCL knew people would be cancelling when the policy was announced.

Lots of others stated what I said regarding Remy.

Separately I can't be the only one excited for more limited guests on the ship. I saw one vlog on the first cruise in the UK and it looked great. I think I said a while ago but I am up for about any restriction but the biggest carrot for me is a reduced capacity of the ships.

Didn't say they were going to change policy based on complaints. I said that, if notes are being entered into CRM, your voice would be heard - if only in the aggregate as a review of the policy's implemnentation ("Most cancelling customers indicated that it was the mask mandate that motivated them to cancel....).

Sometimes, just having your complaint acknowledged and knowing that it's going to be heard is enough to make you feel better.
When you talk about them aggregating data, it seems to suggest you think they'd be open to changing something based on the data, otherwise what is the point of collecting it? And what need, since they already know a lot of people hate wearing masks, that a lot of people don't want to be around the unvaccinated, that cruisers paying hard-earned money aren't going to want activities curtailed or limited, etc.? None of that is news to them. Disney is doing what they think they have to do right now. Since it's for safety & legal reasons it really isn't a matter of customer preference.

It might make a customer feel good to vent to a phone CM, but it isn't right for the helpless phone CM to have to listen to customers venting every day. The proper way to lodge a complaint to DCL is via email.

Good question, but they may not have system of verifying that.

As a lot of people do. Generally, we would be at WDW a few days or a week before the cruise.

I assumed that they check passports for the day of arrival in the USA. If they don't do that, how would they know if a US passport holder has just returned from his international trip.

How many families cruise DCL with 8 other adults? My guess is precious few. Most people would probably be reserving it for just 2.
Yep, that's where the "Yikes" comes from! I sail with my son who is under 18, so I'd be alone, but I might do it, anyway. Guaranteed tile lounger for as long as I want, guaranteed space in the hot tub... It actually sounds better the more I think about it.

The last time I went to the RR, a woman got nasty with me over a tile lounger & it really spoiled the mood. It was so crowded, too- just wasn't relaxing. This will give me a chance to use it in peace.

Probably due to less group scenes, makes it easier to rehearse and perform while trying to keep everyone distanced.
That might be less of an issue in the U.S., where vaccines have been available to all adults for longer than in the U.K.

They will add the 18% gratuity automatically, so over $205.
Yes, so I don't see them all selling out quickly. Family Beach Cabanas sell out quickly, but they're for the whole family and they're for all day. This is less than two hours, and you have to arrange coverage for any young kids, which is hard to do with strict club time limits.

Last edited:
I am obviously not a fan of some of these things, including the mask wearing and distancing and no deck parties. Havent decided if I will keep my Dec one yet. If masks are still required for vaccinated, I most likely wont be going

I do however understand that when it comes to cruise ships, we gotta start somewhere just to actually get these things moving.

The rest can be changed in the future if these cruises go well. So I am happy

I assumed that they check passports for the day of arrival in the USA. If they don't do that, how would they know if a US passport holder has just returned from his international trip.

That's true.

I wish they would just be clear about it. I assume that once they upload our passports, they can see our current and past trips.

I do hope they're checking for international trips.

Just wanted to add that if they meant that it was only for US residents, then they could just say that...."only for US residents".

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter