DCL Port Canaveral to WDW

Just so you know when you take DCL transfers from the Port to WDW you have to collect your own luggage from the luggage hall and bring it to the bus with you. It is not automatically transferred to your resort like it is if you take the bus from WDW to the Port (luggage is automatically transferred from your resort room to your cabin on the ship). So, put your bags out the night before your cruise ends, leave the ship, claim your bags in the luggage hall, proceed to customs and then out to the bus with your luggage. They will be put under the bus for the ride to WDW. If you can't manage all your bags there are porters in the luggage hall to assist you out to the bus (tip expected).

MJ

And when you get to WDW, you need to collect your luggage from the bus. It will not be delivered to your room. You can leave it with bell services if your room is not ready (tip expected). Whenever you do get to your room, just call bell services for delivery of the luggage. Again tip expected. Your luggage will not automatically be delivered to your room. That only happens if you use Magical Express from MCO to WDW for resort vacations.

And when you get to WDW, you need to collect your luggage from the bus. It will not be delivered to your room. You can leave it with bell services if your room is not ready (tip expected). Whenever you do get to your room, just call bell services for delivery of the luggage. Again tip expected. Your luggage will not automatically be delivered to your room. That only happens if you use Magical Express from MCO to WDW for resort vacations.

When we left our bags with bell services they asked if we wanted them to deliver the bags to the resort room when it was ready and we said sure. By the time we entered our room for the first time that night, our bags were already placed in our room by them. It's probably not customary, but they unexpectedly offered it to us.

When we left our bags with bell services they asked if we wanted them to deliver the bags to the resort room when it was ready and we said sure. By the time we entered our room for the first time that night, our bags were already placed in our room by them. It's probably not customary, but they unexpectedly offered it to us.
I was about to say the same - when we arrived earlier than our room was ready, we were able to tell them to deliver them to our room when it was ready.

I was about to say the same - when we arrived earlier than our room was ready, we were able to tell them to deliver them to our room when it was ready.

I haven't even had to ask them. I've checked bags saying "My room isn't ready yet" and I get back and they are in my room.

I haven't even had to ask them. I've checked bags saying "My room isn't ready yet" and I get back and they are in my room.

That is awesome...and not my experience unfortunately. Do you remember which resort?

Hmm....our experiences have been at the GF, CR (staying at BLT) and AKL Kidani. I wonder if is more efficient for bell services to just drop off the luggage at the larger resorts as they make ME rounds rather than wait for a single call?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter