DCL ship Bluetooth speaker now available for pre-purchase

I just bought one for my Wish Cruise in October. The page I was on said it would only be available for purchase up to October 17th. I am paid in full, so I can't answer that question.
So jealous! lol, currently unavailable for my upcoming northern europe cruise. Been checking every hour.

Ok. Just wanted to show you someone's take on it. Doesn't sound like a great endorsement for it.

How far in advance of your cruise can you purchase it? Do you have to be paid in full to make a pre-cruise purchase?
Thanks!
You do not have to be PIF to purchase stuff on the online shop. Not sure if there's a 'limit' to how early you can purchase it. I've been able to go in and browse the shop as soon as my cruise was booked.

Does anyone know of any updated timelines as far as when the speaker can be pre-purchased (i.e. such as the band is only available 45 days before a sale date)? The speaker shows as being available for purchase on each booking, and yet can't be added to my cart on any of them. Has anyone been able to pre-purchase one recently? I know quantities are very limited, but haven't heard any updates as to whether they are actually still available or not.

I see it available on our Oct 2024 sailing. I just don't know if I want to spend $120 on a speaker. I have a CCL coming up soon and they have one too for $70 but it's not Disney and not nearly as cool. Now for $130 we can do the package with the robes. Those are supposed to be pretty nice too right? Hmm, choices...
1699686539918.png1699686555365.png

Does anyone know of any updated timelines as far as when the speaker can be pre-purchased (i.e. such as the band is only available 45 days before a sale date)? The speaker shows as being available for purchase on each booking, and yet can't be added to my cart on any of them. Has anyone been able to pre-purchase one recently? I know quantities are very limited, but haven't heard any updates as to whether they are actually still available or not.
So I was never able to add the 25th Ann to my cart for our aug cruise no matter how many times I tried. I also tried to add for the recent Nov as it showed available yet unable to add. I happened to check at a later time and lo and behold I was able to purchase for the Nov cruise. Please know it was not in our room when we first boarded but was delivered that evening. We tried it in the moment and it worked but we packed it back up. Looking forward to finding a place for it now that we are home. No regrets. It lights up too. 😁

That is very subjective. Can't be any worse than the folks that use their cell phone for their music.
Actually sound is not subjective. The various components of music and sound can be precisely and scientifically measured. There is awhole field of science and engineering dedicated to sound. Some speakers can accurately reproduce the sound better than others.

Actually sound is not subjective. The various components of music and sound can be precisely and scientifically measured. There is awhole field of science and engineering dedicated to sound. Some speakers can accurately reproduce the sound better than others.
True. My wife and daughter bought me a $50 Sony speaker to hook an MP3 player and Sirrius XM receiver to use in my classic car and it sounds pretty good. I didn't want to damage the interior of the car by putting speakers in. It has an AM radio with a tiny speaker in the dash but the radio doesn't work.

One of the most important conclusions to come from that field of study is that perfect sound reproduction is not what most people prefer and that no sound profile is what all people prefer. So, sound may be measurable, but preferences are still subejctive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter