DCL to get rid of Placeholder Booking Perks?

Will we get some credit if you use Disney Credit Card. They would not double up, but maybe that’s available.

They still will give the discount, right? On our EBTA for next year the discount was substantial.

Wow, Disney fans are not having a good week...no exciting itineraries released and now Disney is Nickel & Diming us this way....lots of people over on that "other" site ready to jump ship so to speak. Disney really needs to up their game as how they treat return (and very loyal) customers.

http://mickeyblog.com/2019/09/27/di...o-longer-offered-to-guests-rebooking-onboard/
Anyone know how accurate that blog is? The disclaimer there says they are not connected to Disney in any way:

MickeyBlog.com is an independent site and is not associated with or endorsed by The Walt Disney Company or any of their affiliates.

Just confirmed on the CC line. This is true that there will be no more OBC given when booking onboard, though we'll still keep the 10% deposit & the discount perk. If you've already got a cruise booked or a placeholder purchased, you'll also get the OBC. If you get the PH or book a new cruise after the dates above, no OBC for that vacation

Will we get some credit if you use Disney Credit Card. They would not double up, but maybe that’s available.

The current Disney Visa perk is a discount in the shops if the Disney Visa is the card on your onboard account.

They still will give the discount, right? On our EBTA for next year the discount was substantial.

For now. I would expect it to be reduced and eventually eliminated.

Anyone know how accurate that blog is? The disclaimer there says they are not connected to Disney in any way:

MickeyBlog.com is an independent site and is not associated with or endorsed by The Walt Disney Company or any of their affiliates.

That information is accurate.

This sounds like it has 100% to do with the new ships - the first of which should be available to book within a year. They figure there will be so much demand for the new ships, they can cut the OBC perk.

Another short-sighted cash grab that will come back to bite them.

How did assuming there would be so much demand (despite raising prices through the roof) to go the parks to see Galaxy's Edge work out for them?

This sounds like it has 100% to do with the new ships - the first of which should be available to book within a year. They figure there will be so much demand for the new ships, they can cut the OBC perk.

How did assuming there would be so much demand (despite raising prices through the roof) to go the parks to see Galaxy's Edge work out for them?

I won't be surprised if they blackout the 10% discount on the new ship for a while.

100% agree, greedy, greedy

Well, that is throwing a wrench in the whole purpose of me doing a DCL cruise this winter... Maybe the Edge even though I'd have to have fixed seating would be the better option...

If I recall, TAs were told by DCL they could provide only 50% of their typical OBC when an OBB was transferred to them. Does that policy change? If so, the full OBC from a TA helps take some of the sting out of the change, though I still roll my eyes at DCL.

Since they tout the discount as the “sequel to your current cruise” I would be surprised if they eliminated the discount. However, I am an optimist!

I’m wondering about the start dates of the changes—I have a placeholder I’m planning to use next week for silver opening day. Will they use the date I booked the placeholder or the date I move it to an actual cruise to determine if I get the OBC? Obviously hoping for the former. This is a big bummer. :guilty:

If I recall, TAs were told by DCL they could provide only 50% of their typical OBC when an OBB was transferred to them. Does that policy change? If so, the full OBC from a TA helps take some of the sting out of the change, though I still roll my eyes at DCL.
Since there's no longer Disney supplied OBC, there's no 50% less on a transferred reservation. Any OBC would only be if the TA offers it.

I’m wondering about the start dates of the changes—I have a placeholder I’m planning to use next week for silver opening day. Will they use the date I booked the placeholder or the date I move it to an actual cruise to determine if I get the OBC? Obviously hoping for the former. This is a big bummer. :guilty:
Most likely the date the actual reservation is made.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter