DCL website,Update: 12/15/09 Barcelona/August 2011Med trips changed to 7 nights

Andrew DEREK UK

DIS Veteran
DCL updated website the trans Atlantic shore trips are added. 11/12

Including Barcelona.

Also see later in this thread re some Med cruises in 2011 being suspended from sale.

UPDATE

We are now informed that there will be a release of six new seven day cruises on December the 15th. These will home port again in Barcelona and will sail clockwise around the Med to Italian ports.

It is expected these cruises will have a tie in with Adventures ashore by Disney

SEE LATER IN THREAD

Post 517: Summary http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34648611#post34648611

BARCELONA.jpg

Looks like they are coming up in stages, so more Med ones soon, then Baltic later..

DCL.jpg

Cant wait for the Baltic ones they will be fantastic, and lots of people might be tempted to book.

I just saw them on the site. Some interesting Barcelona tours. I like the choc factory. It's something i probably would not do on my own.

How do the Barcelona tours work? Can we do them the day before the cruise or is it the day of the cruise?

Here's hoping Med & Baltic excursions are coming soon!

I just saw them on the site. Some interesting Barcelona tours. I like the choc factory. It's something i probably would not do on my own.

How do the Barcelona tours work? Can we do them the day before the cruise or is it the day of the cruise?

Here's hoping Med & Baltic excursions are coming soon!

The Barcelona ones work slightly differently to others as I recall.

If you are booking a pre cruise hotel stay they are available on set days. You can also book the day of embarkation on some, so board, and then get back off as it leaves late night.

Also if incoming from TA, you can book for the day you are docked at Barcelona.
Basically I would do it myself...No need to go on a tour its all compact and easy to find walk, or get public transport..

Some of you might have noticed, but since yesterday on the website, the Med 10/11 night cruises from 7/30/2011, have had bookings suspended.

DCL agents are no longer taking reservations on Med cruises on the Magic from that date.

Announcements are due...

NO Effect on 2010 trips.

Hmm, doesn't look like the Sept '11 TA has been affected by the booking freeze...is the Magic changing its August itineraries to other European cities?

Hmm, doesn't look like the Sept '11 TA has been affected by the booking freeze...is the Magic changing its August itineraries to other European cities?

Exact information is hard to get at this moment, and this is a very recent development in the last few days.

We know Med cruises 7/30/2011 onwards have reservations suspended.

We know they haven't been selling well.

I bet they are busy contacting ports and changing dates.

Announcement due in due course.

I agree the Sept TA Still is open for bookings.

Very interesting - I wonder what the likelihood would be of them switching the departure port from Barcelona to somewhere else to fit in with new Euro itineraries - I'm on the TA so will be watching this with interest!

Very interesting - I wonder what the likelihood would be of them switching the departure port from Barcelona to somewhere else to fit in with new Euro itineraries - I'm on the TA so will be watching this with interest!

Well I tested a booking for the Sept TA, in 2011, and was able to do it.

Now as posted we know the Website, and DCL have suspended any reservations in the Med from 7/30/2011.

So

Does the Sept TA Move? you are offered new dates say 7/30>8/13 return to PC?

Or

Is the Magic changing ports in the Med?

Recent developments, little information on this, but something is up..

Exact information is hard to get at this moment, and this is a very recent development in the last few days.

We know Med cruises 7/30/2011 onwards have reservations suspended.

We know they haven't been selling well.

I bet they are busy contacting ports and changing dates.

Announcement due in due course.

I agree the Sept TA Still is open for bookings.

Yep, we had a couple of friends who got the call. Late July and all of August Med cruises canceled (reservations suspended). As of right now, they moved to an earlier date and are waiting further developments.

I knew 2011 Med cruises were not selling well but I didn't expect this, just some possible discounting.

Who knows maybe they are moving the ship to an Eastern Med itinerary for the rest of the summer 2011. Now, that would be cool.

Yep, we had a couple of friends who got the call. Late July and all of August Med cruises canceled (reservations suspended). As of right now, they moved to an earlier date and are waiting further developments.

I knew 2011 Med cruises were not selling well but I didn't expect this, just some possible discounting.

Who knows maybe they are moving the ship to an Eastern Med itinerary for the rest of the summer 2011. Now, that would be cool.

Yes appears a consistent but brief message at the moment, three years in the Med, two back to back, focus on the DREAM and Alaska, and additional capacity of 8,000 passengers a week, ( Dream 4,000 x 2 a week).

Something has to give, and excite passengers more.

i think a lot of dcl fans are tired of the med. they need new ports to keep the excitement. with the wonder doing alaska cruises and the dream coming out the med doesnt sound that good anymore. i would like to see the baltic cruise at a decent price not 8,000 dollars for 2 people for an inside stateroom.
dcl with the new ships coming out they are going to have to get a lot more dcl fans or have huge discounts.

i think a lot of dcl fans are tired of the med. they need new ports to keep the excitement. with the wonder doing Alaska cruises and the dream coming out the med doesnt sound that good anymore. i would like to see the Baltic cruise at a decent price not 8,000 dollars for 2 people for an inside stateroom.
dcl with the new ships coming out they are going to have to get a lot more dcl fans or have huge discounts.

Exact and great points, need greater interest, new ports, they have to attract more cruisers. This is the first casualty.

NOTE

Thread title changed to greater reflect the topic, and the confirmations coming in.

I wish they would offer Adventures By Disney and European Cruise packages tied in with the departure port (with some sort of discount) the same way they have the 3/4 Land and Sea packages. That'd make me consider seriously extending my vacation.

Andrew has dcl did any advertising in the uk for the baltic cruises or the med?

DCL have been selling the 2010 Med cruises through UK online agents (3) for quite a long time now, they had free kids offers and prices in £'s. I have never seen the Baltics on any offer. Presumed they have sold ''well', and no need.

There was a little bit on 2011 Meds, but not a lot.

This may / maynot work for peopel outside the UK.

http://www.disneycruise.co.uk/

You could be redirected.

You know what sort of bothers me about this change and I might add about DCL overall this year, the crappy way they have been communicating with their customers. :sad2: The release of new itineraries without prices, the change in cabin categories, the new CC levels and now this. It seems we find out more from message boards and our TAs than directly from DCL and that is just not right. It also seems we are getting conflicting information from DCL at times. It makes you wonder what the heck is going on at DCL under the new management.

You know what sort of bothers me about this change and I might add about DCL overall this year, the crappy way they have been communicating with their customers. :sad2: The release of new itineraries without prices, the change in cabin categories, the new CC levels and now this. It seems we find out more from message boards and our TAs than directly from DCL and that is just not right. It also seems we are getting conflicting information from DCL at times. It makes you wonder what the heck is going on at DCL under the new management.

ITA 110%, I personally would say its 'arrogance' you sail with us on our terms, everything you say in this post is very fair, the release of cruises without prices, for example, and the CC changes.

In this one, no effective communication on this subject at all, seems to be ''below the radar' as much as possible.

So why are these Med cruises suspended?

Why is the September TA, still on sale?

What happens to people who have booked one of these cruises, help guidance support, or just canceled?

I have a suite on the 7/30, is that now a refundable deposit?

Is the Magic going back to PC 7/30>8/13, or swapping to say Eastern Med cruises.

It would be nice to have some information direct, say on the website. But looks like they would like the cancellations or suspensions under the radar.

With the need to fill extra space on more ships, clarity would be better.

But, to be fair this seems to be a very recent decision, and presume they are 'working on it' now.

ITA 110%, I personally would say its 'arrogance' you sail with us on our terms, everything you say in this post is very fair, the release of cruises without prices, for example, and the CC changes.

In this one, no effective communication on this subject at all, seems to be ''below the radar' as much as possible.

So why are these Med cruises suspended?

Why is the September TA, still on sale?

What happens to people who have booked one of these cruises, help guidance support, or just canceled?

I have a suite on the 7/30, is that now a refundable deposit?

Is the Magic going back to PC 7/30>8/13, or swapping to say Eastern Med cruises.

It would be nice to have some information direct, say on the website. But looks like they would like the cancellations or suspensions under the radar.

With the need to fill extra space on more ships, clarity would be better.

But, to be fair this seems to be a very recent decision, and presume they are 'working on it' now.

The fact that those questions have not been answered is what I find disturbing. This information should have been available for the TAs to pass on to their clients. When someone is told their sailing date is canceled they should have the most information possible to help them decide what they want to do next.

IIRC, you have a non-refundable suite booking. You should have been informed at the time you were told of the cancellation whether that deposit becomes refundable or not. (IMO, it better be refundable considering the date was canceled by DCL)

If they are going with an itinerary change and staying in Europe for the rest of the summer, why cancel the bookings? Inform folks of the itinerary change and let them decide if they want to remain on the cruise or not. (Personally, that is why I believe you are right and they may be sending the ship back to the Caribbean for the summer).

Well anyway, I will look forward to your future postings on this as more information comes in. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter